Do you believe in astrology?

Discussion in 'Astrology' started by Robofish, Oct 27, 2012.

1. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

i have a poor editor on the divice im using and I cant cpy and paste but I will ask one of friends to provide the link for you.
    I can say of your take on the wisdom of ancient practices, it is as vain for an aboriginal tocall an airplame pilot a god as iy is for an airplane pilot to call an aboriginal primitive

2. siri888

siri888 Members

I'm a believer.

3. thedope

i havent relied on belief but a practical view relying on research

4. IMjustfishin

IMjustfishin Member

yep, i do have a major bias, i cant fight it!!

but i believe this is one of the "presciences" that paved the way for astronomy so in that case, so i guess thats a good thing. but now that we do have astronomy we should leave astrology behind, as it has no more uses other than entertainment of course.

before chemistry we had alchemy, but it is now unscientific.

5. thedope

the only think unscientific about my alchemy is that I didnt go to school and get a degree allowed me to study the subjects I want. I have discovered that myth is a racial or species memoryexpressed
    In dream like terms. Astronomy just measres light astrology measures our cosmic proportions as an essential constituent of all that is real and all that is matter.

6. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

Chrysanthemum in the family Asteraceae. astrea the star family

7. thedope

there is information on the connection between this information and information and a terence mckenna movie called the transcendental object at the end of time, an alchemist named john dee and queen elizebeth l and the ideal of astrea. It is quite complicated but of sound reason given the profound synchronicities

8. IMjustfishin

IMjustfishin Member

if astrology makes any measurements, lets test them.

if myth is a memory expressed in dream like terms, then science is just a better expression without the dream like haze.

and as far as cosmic proportions, i believe it is astronomy that can measure the size and weight of our universe, i dont remember astrology ever making any good testable predictions.

9. IMjustfishin

IMjustfishin Member

i dont understand :(

10. thedope

lm sorry about the confusion, thAt idealy was to be a link to the page in the esoteric knowledge thread. This entry is on page 22 of that thread. The chrysanthemum is a mandala that is seen by everyone who consumes an appropriate amount of the psycho actve chemical DMT. You pass through this mandala in the minds eye to reach an inner sanctum. The treatise in esoteric knowledge thread deals with the convergence of several phenomena including the flower child hippy movement, the psychedelic experience, mayan cosmology, christian symbolism, and world history, including the sighns of the times. In that thread are demonstrated what I call cubic time grabs and they are demonstration of the miraculous qualities of the communal mind. Others have an advantage over you in comprehending what is going on because they ha e been following theses specific developments. At first scepticism is replaced by an inner recgnition and then enthusiasm for what all this represents whuch is a new paradigm that is designed to keep our species from going extinct do to our own ignorance.

11. thedope

I am illucidating the scientific underpinnings of the dream expressions. This is a u.ified feild theory which combines the naturally abstract quality of mind and the refined measurements of science. As far as astrology taking accurate measrements it depends on what you are measuring. If the measre is observable aspects of personality it is uncannily accurate. All astronomy meaures is the speed of light.

12. IMjustfishin

IMjustfishin Member

ok i see what your say but, in astronomy scientist show how they come up with a measurement. how does astrology make accurate predictions of personality?

13. thedope

because we get it from the source. Instead of the planets exerting influence on us from the outside the planets are manifestations of our personalites which are expressed in levels of intensity or material complexity. So the descrptions of personality traits found in astrology are not gleaned from observation of the planets and stars but from scientific regard of the personal interior landscape. You will notice that the names of the planets in astrology appeared in the form of greek gods before said planets were even discvered by the use of telesscopes. It is not a coincidence but a consistent line of scientific investigation. Astrology is repressed becaisel relatkonship it leads to substancual recognition of ones own relationship to the universe or would allow independant powers to emerge to disrupt the status quo.

14. IMjustfishin

IMjustfishin Member

so if i understand you right, your saying the planets are manifestations of our personalities? as a believer in science, this sounds strange because i cant understand how our personalities can manifest in any way in planets in our galaxy. so please explain that.

expressed in levels of intensity or material complexity? i dont understand how a planet can have levels of intensity. how do you measure that?

if it truly is a scientific study, you should have clear answers for these questions that i can understand.

1 person likes this.
  15. thedope

The scientific details are in a terence mckenna video on youtube called the gaian mind. I just moments ago got invited to speak on a radio show to speak about this stuff. terence has the scientific angle I have the mystical synthesis. In the mean time if youread the esoteric thread with interest you will find you will satisfy in a pleasant way your current concerns. It is a fun read.

1 person likes this.
  16. IMjustfishin

IMjustfishin Member

wow thats pretty cool, good luck with that. what radio station? im sure some members would like to listen to you.

im gonna watch that whole hour long video just so we can discuss this further when you get back.

17. thedope

im bringing a mycology professer from uc berkely who is a freind of mine. You might even be interested if you got your mind out of your academically inbred out look. My ffeind tyler I has discovered species of yeast previously unknown to science. Where is your fancy stuff freind?

18. IMjustfishin

IMjustfishin Member

i dont think i have any fancy stuff like that, but i do have some advice for your radio show and your future posts in this forum. i personally find it very hard to understand you sometimes, i think you need to simplify what your saying and how your saying it so dummies like me can understand you better. if i were to describe your posts, they are like poetically psychedelic.

19. thedope

The fact that I have observed is I make many different impressions. Some people find me funny.

20. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

Cool!