barefoot in snow

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by bttf101, Oct 21, 2012.

1. barefoot101corrin

barefoot101corrin Member

post pictures of ur bare feet in ice,snow,rain,mud,ect.

2. barefoot101corrin

barefoot101corrin Member

if you can take pics/vids of u going somewhere barefoot like school or just shopping

3. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Iv'e Been A Fulltime Barefooter For

Just On 7 Years,

Through Whatever Mother Nature Throws At Me, But Alas I Am Still Too Slack Assed

To Buy Myself A Digital Camera...:(.

So You Will Have To Accept My Word On It...[​IMG].

Cheers Glen.

4. barefoot101corrin

barefoot101corrin Member

thats ok glen

5. barefoot101corrin

barefoot101corrin Member

but those of you who have a camara take a pic/video and post it here

6. charlie35

charlie35 Member

Yep am kinda with Glen on this one. No probs walking around bf, but might be a bit weird taking pics of my feet in public! Last winter I went for it in seeing how long I could stand going for walks in the snow. About 30 mins was my max, but hope to improve on that this winter. Also love sloshing through it when it's gone slushy:)

7. barefoot101corrin

barefoot101corrin Member

8. txbarefooter

txbarefooter Senior Member

what's snow?

9. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

ah man i love doing this

have done it in a foot of snow at -30 degrees even

starts to burn quick but i just do it when im going out quick to lock up sheds or check my cars

best done right before going to bed...you will sleep better guaranteed

10. barefoot101corrin

barefoot101corrin Member

11. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

no its not....he leads an interesting life and keeps it all to himself....i dont even believe he has feet

1 person likes this.
  12. barefoot101corrin

barefoot101corrin Member

well I was saying it's ok to the fact that he can't get a camera

13. barefoot101corrin

barefoot101corrin Member

he would but he can't

14. goodearth

goodearth Member

It is so hard to take good pics of yourself when you are alone....and I am usually alone when I am barefooting.

15. One of the useful things about barefooting in snow (WTF?????) is that, with even a little layering, no one can "see" that you're barefoot because the snow covers your feet. Who would even think about it? Barefoot in snow. OH COME ON. VALLEY FORGE WAS AGES AGO....:)

16. Shakti_Om

Shakti_Om Local Pixie

I've been barefoot in snow a couple of times now, but I must admit if I'm going further than a few yards from my van in the snow I do wear my trusty Tibetan wool sox :)

17. jagerhans

jagerhans Far out, man. Lifetime Supporter

snowfooting is cool (no pun intended) but only as long as your feet don't go numb. by then frostbite is 'round the corner and everyone should be aware that standing still with numb feet in snow or ice more than a few minutes is not very healthy; walking helps a little but not much. got numbness hiking through fields covered with frozen grass and predictably my feet were more prone to getting injury from sharp stuff on the ground, since i couldn't feel the discomfort and adjust my step consequently.

deep snow of course is more dangerous than a carpet of it: dry your feet and cover them. better don't pass right from ice to a bonfire stove etc because this will favour chillblain. not really athreat but annoying, yessir it is. since snow is quite unusual here i don't have the chance to try conditioning but for sure extreme cold is way more treacherous than hot surfaces because the compelling alarm bell of pain is turned off and tissue damage comes unnoticed. some cultures not very picky about the number of their toes practice snowfooting but they also have a genetic advantage i guess. so my advice is : play with snow but be aware of the risks.

anyone with more experience than me about how to cope with cold and snow is very welcome...
    :snowkiss:

oh, since you asked for this... this pic is seven years old though. from my toe ring days :p
    [​IMG]

18. mithra

mithra Member

Another tip is to ensure you maintain a good core body temperature, that is so that blood can still circulate to your feet. Put on an extra (thermal) layer. Now my circulation isn't normally that great so being out barefoot at this time of year my feet can get cold quite quickly, but "layered up" they stay warm even though the surface they are in contact with is freezing. It's a great sensation!!

19. jagerhans

jagerhans Far out, man. Lifetime Supporter

correct, Mithra. i left that out.
    but also consider that deep snow is more vicious that simple cold weather and for my side i never get numb feet by mere sub zero (C°) temps (although here -5 is the bottom line, dunno what would happen to my toes below that line) , while icy grass and snow do play the anaesthesia joke with my feet.

20. barefoot101corrin

barefoot101corrin Member

wow so long and nothin new lol