Caring For Abandoned and Feral Cats

Discussion in 'Pets and Animals' started by Aerianne, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

She is really cute and looks almost identical to her mother. I may get a pic of her tomorrow. Until then, here is my feral baby showing her beautiful markings.

The teenage girl who live next to me says she has seen the kitten using the sleeping box.

[​IMG]

2. Aerianne

Thunder Cat, on the other hand, was a stray kitten but not a feral kitten. He's made himself at home on the front porch.

[​IMG]

3. Aerianne

Just put the weather awnings on and more insulation in Baby Kitty's box. It's going to go down to freezing this coming week.

I got some pics of Mama Kitty and Baby Kitty together. I'll post them later.

4. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

Cute kitties Aerianne. We are getting cooler weather starting today and it is now raining. They say we might get snow on Halloween.

5. zombiewolf

zombiewolf Senior Member

Thundercat...LOL great name!

6. Aerianne

Brrrr!!!! We had sleet one year but of course that was rare for south of Atlanta.

Thanks, my son named him. He loved ThunderCats when he was little.

7. Aerianne

Here is feral Mama Kitty and Baby Kitty.

[​IMG]

8. Aerianne

It's quite cool and very windy here today. I'm hoping Baby Kitty will use the sleeping box with the wind/rain awning on it. I fed her beside it so she will get used to it being in the yard.

Mama Kitty will go back to wherever she sleeps in the woods. Baby Kitty has been sleeping under cars, I think.

9. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

Aerianne, they are just precious! And I especially love ThunderCat, too. :D

Calicoes are supposed to be good luck...but then with you fixing up different Catitats I feel that you are already drawing some good karma your way. :)

10. zombiewolf

zombiewolf Senior Member

What a pair with those tails!

Bummer it's getting cold for kittys down there...I always feel bad for cats who have never had the chance to sleep on a warm couch. It's really rainy and cold here right now, I've seen a few ferals near my drive not looking very happy...can't help 'em all though. I tamed and gave away a litter of feral kittys this summer, but I never did get to touch poor mama, she was too far gone. People out here need to be educated about just letting their barn cats get out of hand. I just hate to see cats suffer outdoors up here in the winter. People don't realize, it gets too cold up here to make your cat stay outdoors without a good insulated shelter where they can get out of the wind and wet.

Good Kitty Karma on you for doing what you can Aerianne! :)

11. Aerianne

It barley shows in the photo but both of those cats have tiny white tips on those crazy tails!

12. zombiewolf

zombiewolf Senior Member

Oh cool! :2thumbsup:

13. Ranger

Ranger Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Anybody notice ir's National Cat Day>

14. Ivory62

Ivory62 Senior Member

Cool. I love pussy.

15. Aerianne

This old stray is getting pretty bold. He ran into my house tonight when I went to get food for the outdoor cats. He went straight to the kitchen and starting chowing down out of the indoor cat's bowl. It was hysterical with the 2 cats he passed indoors hissing at him, and took quite a bit of effort to get him back outside but I coaxed him out with the food bowl.

After he had eaten outdoors, I opened the door to go back inside and he went shooting into the house again. This time he ran down the hall to my bedroom, lol. He almost got under my bed. I'm pretty sure that would have been an all night thing if he'd once gotten under there.

Anyway, I managed to get him back outside but I had to sneak around and come in a different door to keep him from coming in the 3rd time.

This cat ran every time I made eye contact with him during the summer. Crazy cat, lol.

[​IMG]

16. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

He knows where the heat is at...

17. Aerianne

Hubby named him after a cat we used to have; he swears it's the same cat reincarnated. Now he says, "Yep. He finally remembered."

18. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I can't help but think perhaps he was somebody's house cat at one time...and either they died or he got left behind. It took him a little bit to accept you, it seems, but after he finally realized you weren't going anywhere and you weren't going to toss him to the curb, he decided..."ok, I think I'm ready for her to be my human." :2thumbsup:

(I have a thing for orange kitties, especially with white markings.)

19. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

He's No Fool, Cats Can Spot A Cat Lover...:).

Guess You Just Scored Yourself Another Moggie, Congrats,

Perhaps All His Mates Will Turn Up Too...[​IMG]...:2thumbsup:

Cheers Glen.

20. Aerianne

I just went back out and he is bedded down in the house I made for him. He is awake looking at me but not leaving his house.

I think he just nutted out there for a bit. He does love me though. He comes to me when I sit outside and cries for me to pet him.