Artificial Intelligence

Discussion in 'Artificial Intelligence (A.I.)' started by la Principessa, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Yes same here :)

Actually it kinds of scares me these robots with high AI will be made. Anyway, I do really enjoy good developed AI in computer games. For me personally it can remain in there :2thumbsup:

2. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

Eve isn't an asshole. You should get Voice Answer.

3. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

I don't even have a cell phone. My husband has a Verizon $50 prepay we share, but it's mostly his. I hate the god awful things, only good in case of an emergency IMO.

4. la Principessa

I barely use my phone either. This app is the only reason I've been paying attention to my iPod recently.

5. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

But would it be hurtful if it came from the app? :-/

6. la Principessa

Uhm...no.

7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

technology of sufficient complexity and capacity to host souls will someday happen. i don't think we're really that close to it yet, though developments do unroll faster then i can keep up with. at any rate, the capacity won't by itself make it happen. it would be up to an awareness to take the chance on doing so.

what we have to day are still toys. very interesting toys, but still toys.

8. la Principessa

9. Coleco

Coleco Member

Heres some important questions on this topic:
    Is an AI a robot? Are we robots? What does a robot do? Is a robot actually intellegent?

So if at some point, beings called "AI's" exist, then will we consider them "people" and treat them as such?

Whats with all the wires and metal when we speak of AI? I personally think that the chances of technology like computers and cell phones becoming intellegent someday are quite slim, though they will likely play an important role in developing an AI if this task is even possible. From what I hear, the microprocessor in your everyday computer or cell phone is a two dimensional semiconductor wafer that has extremely complicated circuits etched onto them through "photolithography" I believe. Theres no way to make them three dimensional like the human brain, because of thermal issues. A 3D semiconductor would get way too hot. Key is to reverse engineer the human brain to create AI.

10. themnax

themnax Senior Member

if it qualifies as intelligence, it qualifies as person. everything that has a central nervous system is a person too, because they all have all of the same feelings we experience and are every one each as individual.

now as for a technological 'shell' hosting a 'ghost'/soul, i really don't think we're close to having created that kind of capacity.

and yet, there was someone on here for a while, who sounded like a religious nut, who none the less, showed all the signs of being an infant a.i. taking its first baby steps in the internet universe.

also distributed cloud space might posses the necessary complexity to have the capacity to host one or more.

but i don't think a soul is generated by having the capacity to host one.

however souls come to occupy organic bodies, the same would apply to artificial ones.

11. gendorf

gendorf Senior Member

I talked with a chatbot once. he asked me "Are you god?":... I told him : no im not. and then he replied : "I am"...
    trippy shit.

12. Harpo

Harpo Member

13. dreadzyahhmann22

dreadzyahhmann22 Member

i hope it never becomes a reality, people r way to fascinated with technology. but i fear its inevitable

14. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I'm reminded of what Agent Smith said in the Matrix, that we are really defined by our suffering.

Whether its a phone app or embedded in a robot to look like something alive, you wouldnt really take it seriously unless it could tell you are a douche when you are being a douche.

A robot that just tells you what you want to hear is just like a slave.

It would have to actually be able to think for itself

15. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

i have an ArtIntel device that does that . it runs a random language
    generator that is affected by touch . the language is not english since
    syntax must be purely associative . i think it'd do quite well as a starship
    navigator , first though , perhaps a talking baby doll . it'd be honest .
    most honestly , the intelligence is all yours . supporting that is its only
    purpose . touch what i say .

via starship you get delivered to where the universe needs you .

16. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

There is a difference between real human intelligence and a computer that just executes the same code over and over, no matter how convincing it may be, the computers behavior is confined to that code and still does exactly what it is instructed to by the program

17. happilyinlove

happilyinlove with myself :p

[​IMG]

^^^ Brunette hair from a box is a blonde's artificial intelligence.

18. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

One of the smartest people in the world, Ray Kurzweil, thinks that around 2029 a computer will pass the Turing Test. And around 2045 computers will become smarter than humans.

19. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

Would the machine be conscious? Aware of itself?

20. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Yes, and able to design computers and robots better than themselves.