Some questions before I indulge

Discussion in 'Salvia Divinorum' started by smokedoutcid, Sep 9, 2012.

1. smokedoutcid

smokedoutcid Guest

Hello hip forums! I have been taking psychedelics for a few years now and have never tried salvia. I'm going to be ordering some here soon and I had some questions before I start smoking.

I live with my older brother and his wife but they do not approve of any narcotics what so ever. I definitely would be able to take lsd/mescaline/dmt at night here because they don't bother me and I have a sense of control whenever I'm tripping. I've heard of people yelling and stuff while under salvia though without their knowledge and I couldn't have that at any time. Is this true or not? Could I drown the noise out with TV?

How much should I smoke? I'm going to be getting a gram of 5x, 10x, and 20x from Gold of Sunshine, and of course I'm going to work my way up the doses to be safe.

Should I screen up the pipe? Should it be a certain pipe?

Also, I was thinking of trying an ounce of Sage Goddess Emerald Essence from sagewisdom. Anyone had experience with this and could give me more info?

If there is anything else here that a newcomer to salvia should know, please post it! I'm really looking forward to smoking! :2thumbsup:

2. eatlysergicacid

eatlysergicacid Creep in a T-Shirt

I've never heard of anyone yelling on salvia, but I wouldn't say it's not possible. I don't think you really have to worry about that though. With salvia it seems you either get very little effects or you get a full on breakthrough. If you break through you will likely not be moving or making any noise, but I've heard of people moving around during breakthrough's as well.

As far as working your way up, it doesn't tend to be the way salvia is used. The low dose effects won't prepare you for the breakthrough.

It's best to use a pipe or bong with a screen and a torch lighter. For a breakthrough you'll need to take big hits and hold them in for as long as you can, so whatever you can get the biggest hit out of will be optimal.

3. Femme of Violence

Femme of Violence Member

I don't think you'll be able to yell haha

4. dixie1987

dixie1987 Guest

5. Colimon

Colimon Cheesus Christo

It is very possible you will say and do things that you might not be able to control on a good dose of Salvia. Most likely you'll burst out into uncontrollable laughter, even if the trip's terrifying. I wouldn't really say it would be good to do this by yourself with those restrictions present. I don't see that resulting in anything good when the trip already feels very out of your control. It would be just an other thing to be worried about. Salvia cannot be compared to most other psychedelics, and none that I've tried to date have prepared me for a Salvia trip. Definitely go with the bong, pipe screen, and torch lighter method and start with a generous pinch of each extract. Inhale deeply, and hold your breath until you comfortably cannot anymore. Also sit down, balance can be something completely different in the realm of Salvia! I've never tried a Salvia tincture, but I have tried an oral dose once which took A LOT of extracted herbal material. I've also heard lots of stories of the tinctures being rather weak orally. If you do happen to go the tincture route, perhaps infuse your favorite smoking herbs with it instead of ingesting it. Hope your journey is very meaningful and full of knowledge!

6. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

i've said it many times on here now, but...

when i broke through on salvia, it was one of the strongest experiences of my life. i lost control. i yelled a bit, moved around without knowing it, and if was alone i would have at least spill my bong...more likely i would have broke it, near my laptop, and rolled around in the broken glass.

it was unlike anything (DMT, LSD, shrooms, etc)

don't do it when there are disapproving people in the house. you very well might wake them up

7. bigrapp12

bigrapp12 Members

I have had 25-30 full breakthroughs on Salvia. I would use the 20x for your first time and don't smoke it through a pipe, smoke it through water ( a bong or bubbler ). Make sure your not a bad mood or nervous. I would have a sitter with you because your going to be dropped in a different dimension nothing will be recognizable everything you see sober will be gone. Well I hoped that helped. Enjoy