Male or Female: Who has it easier?

Discussion in 'Bare It! Nudism and Naturism' started by PhotoDude, Aug 27, 2012.

1. PhotoDude

PhotoDude Member

Do you think it's easier for a male or female to be a nudist?

Which do you think is accepted more?

2. jackier

jackier Member

I think female nudists are accepted more because many textiles will see male nudists as inherently perverted or "up to something". However, I think male nudists have it easier because those they don't have as many social and psychological blocks to getting nude. Much easier for a guy to say "fuck it" and just get naked. In addition, there is always the fear of being hit on or worse.

3. Shakti_Om

Shakti_Om Local Pixie

I'm not sure I think it depends on your point of view and attitude, but guys do seem to get a harder time than girls.

4. Amontillado

Amontillado Member extraordinaire HipForums Supporter

No, I think we guys have a much easier time. If women are more welcome, it's because they're the ones everyone wants to see! But if the issue is who's going to have a nice quiet time and be left to enjoy being nude alone or with whatever friends one meets, then it's better to be male. Oh, and if a guy puts his picture up on the Internet somewhere, he can be reasonably sure that it won't be stolen endlessly and used on voyeur sites, unlike women's pictures.

Basically, going naked is something that women have to worry about a lot more than men do--and not many of them end up deciding to do it. So as far as "easier" is concerned, man have a big advantage.

5. jackier

jackier Member

Thanks. I guess what i wanted to say is that it is easier to convince guys to start nudiism.

6. Amontillado

Amontillado Member extraordinaire HipForums Supporter

Oh well, that's undoubtedly true. Women are more likely to think of the difficulties they would face--men expect it'll be easier.

As for "walk into a resort and leave with ten new friends", what that implies is some high-pressure socializing. If that's what a person wants, then fine. But it wouldn't suit someone who hates the idea of being the center of attention. Can a woman go to some beach or resort and just be another person there, not especially interesting to anyone?

7. jackier

jackier Member

Most nudists are inherently social. But if you let them know you want some privacy, they also tend to respect that.

8. kilothedog

kilothedog Guest

I have a completely different view. I thinks it's more difficult for a man because he can just want to experience the lifestyle. But if he gets an erection then a plethora of responses occur. And most are negative, regardless of that person's intentions. Women don't have that conundrum.

9. CaptK

CaptK Member

Each has their own mental malities to deal with.

10. nldn

nldn Senior Member

Men I think have it easier in most parts of life, including nudism.

11. learn2see

learn2see Member

I feel like it would be easier for a woman. Being woman, I feel like I would only be comfortable talking to other women at first in a nudist situation.

12. happypills

happypills Member

I know more male nudists than female. I've only ever done the nudist thing at Hedonism in Jamaica many many many years ago. It took about 20 minutes to get used to being naked in front of people, but there were so many people of all ages and all walks of life my nudity quickly become a non issue.

13. *pixy*

*pixy* Member

I guess there is no general answer to the original question. Everyone trying an answer, does it from the view of her/his own experiences, so do I.

First, from the physical aspect, it’s easier for males as they can stand chilly weather or uncomfortable climate more easily in the buff than a female could. I think I have read that this results from a different subcutaneous layering.

But maybe the op did more think of social aspects. I think there it depends very much on the setting. As long as you are in a nudist setting, as at a nudist resort, there is no difference at all. It’s expected and accepted that you go naked, no matter the gender.

In a non-nudist setting it depends very much on the attitudes of the people around and the common rules and values. In tendency, a nude male is often in risk to count as a pervert, an exhibitionist – or upcoming in the last years – a child molester. A nude female however might be labeled as slutty, nuts or desperately looking for sexual joy. Of course we all here know that those labels are nonsense, but I guess this is what life tells us. For example a girl spinning naked at a dancing might be welcomed and get cheers - while the onlookers think “what a slut” the same time. A male in the same situation probably would get kicked off while the people think “what a pervert”.

Probably as long as you are a single nude one, there always will be estimation about your motivation, backgrounds and conditions, the more people are narrow minded and see something going on behind their usual horizon. And I think in this estimation the gender of the “object” plays an important role often. This effect shrinks when you go naked in a group or as a couple, as this makes clear you are no single “monster”.

Living a naked life among good and open minded friends might be another setting where gender doesn’t count so much. They know per se that you are neither a pervert nor a slut, no matter if you have rags on or not.

14. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Men would get just as many negative reactions if they sat legs wide open. And a man with a big package bouncing around would get just as much attention as the woman you mention.

The woman you talked to was a little self conscious and maybe naturism isn't for her.

15. morrow

morrow Visitor

I think it's down to posture, you always know if someone is saying, here look at this! Or just being nude! I think guys have it easier, it's always on show, no matter, and people tend to accept that!

16. modeve

modeve Members

Being woman I say with confidence that if we are in a nude get-together where men don't have lustful look, there we find ourselves "safe" and comfortable. Here I don't object to men's erection which is natural.
    As regards nudity in all female gathering, we do it without hesitation, except some hesitation which is about other well-shaped women.

17. Crystal_Nocked

Crystal_Nocked Members

Males have it easier throughout childhood and even into early adulthood.

But from then on, its no contest amigos....women be havin' it waaay easier.

Here's why..........

A dude marries a wealthy woman and it is frowned upon. Heavily. IN almost all societies. He is thought to be a bum, a gigolo, or a scammer.

But a woman marrying a well-heeled man? Even one she doesn't really love? Who marries for support and security? And also so she never has to work? LOL...happens every day. And it has for years and it will continue unabated. Nobody thinks twice about it.

And even if they have kids and become a stay-at-home Mom, this job is NOT the same as getting up everyday and going into the work place. The dog-eat-dog world. I don't care WHAT the housewives and moms say..it simply is not as difficult. Is it important? Yes. Is it harder? No.

As soon as females reach the age where they discover that that fuzzy little thing they sit on is coveted by males and thus it empowers them, they have it easier in this world. The only portion of their lives that might be harder is up through their teens, and this is because they are more concerned and stressed-out by peer and societal pressure and expectations, imagery, and all that stuff.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.