The 2013 national rainbow gathering will be in.....

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by A Girl Named Sandoz, Jul 8, 2012.

1. A Girl Named Sandoz

A Girl Named Sandoz Member

Consensus reached @ 8:50 PM (July 8) Eastern Time for Montana.

"We all celebrate that we feel the unity of the spirit and we recognize the oneness of heart as we have the desire to follow spirit calling us to beautiful Montana for the Annual Gathering of the Rainbow Family of Living Light in the Summer of 2013.

2. Rainbowtoke

Rainbowtoke Member

Montana Mud effing ROCKS!!!

3. Aristartle

Aristartle Snow Falling on Cedars Lifetime Supporter

Excellent. Thank you for the up to date news!

4. Hippie54

Hippie54 Guest

Exactly what I was hoping for.

5. Rainbowtoke

Rainbowtoke Member

Annual was in my front yard in 11 and now its gonna be in my back yard =)

6. hopefloats2012

hopefloats2012 Guest

if anyone knowsthe exact dates for the 2013 rainbow gathering plz message me i want to take my fiance to her first rainbow gathering as well as the new addition to our family due 420

7. tinycashfrog

tinycashfrog Guest

Hey all! I just heard about the Rainbow Gathering, and I really wanna check it out! Montana is a big state. Do you know where in MT it will be?:sunny:

8. Ishiyahu

Ishiyahu Guest

Despite the runors the national will be held 25 miles west of Wisdom in the Big Hole Valley.

9. luvione

luvione Member

YOU DONT KNOW that for sure,,,,,, we are lucky enough to know it's in one state this time,,,,IF Anybody Who Does Actually Know Already,,, they sure wont be puttin it out there till it's time first of all, and 2nd of all regions change every season, who knows what mother nature has in store,hence scouting,, so yes, we have to wait and see exactly where in MT. THANK YOU!

10. Dancing in the Mists

Dancing in the Mists Member

Oh man! I need to start getting a group together. My birthday is the 17th, so I think I need to go MIA for a good two weeks. I've never been, but this feels like the year for me!

11. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

This is a muslim site and it froze my computer when I clicked on it.

12. Starsrainbow

Starsrainbow ~om~

nila... if this is about fashion... or such... there is craft forum/ an bottom of main page.. for sell or trade ;)

13. Starsrainbow

Starsrainbow ~om~

If someone wants ya to see ... they will put it up to view or on profile album :daisy:

14. CanaWay

CanaWay Member

Where the Gathering will be in 2013
    Directions (this is the site we used in 2000): From Interstate 15 near Dillon, Montana (about 60 miles south of the Interstate 90/15 interchange). Take the MT-278 exit, EXIT 59, toward Jackson/Wisdom. Just south of Jackson turn west on SKINNER MEADOW ROAD .. (a right if headed south) toward Idaho, big mountains, (good gravel/dirt road - please respect private ranches - drive slow, watch for cattle) Go 8.5 MILES, through fence and cattle guard into National Forest then take LEFT TURN and ONE LANE BRIDGE over creek (left turn is approx 1.5 miles before Von Houten Lake campground) to FRONT GATE ~ PARKING ~ BUS VILLAGE ~ HANDICAPPED PARKING WELCOME HOME!

http://www.welcomehome.org/rainbow/index.html

Directions (this is the site we used in 2000):
    From points south/east:
    From Interstate 15 near Dillon, Montana (about 60 miles south of the Interstate 90/15 interchange). Take the MT-278 exit, EXIT 59, toward Jackson/Wisdom.

From points west/north: (might not be good for big rigs):
    Please note: this route goes up some twisty mountain roads and I haven't driven it so hopefully someone can confirm). On I-90 on the west side of Missoula, exist Hwy 93 South - Reserve Street Exit 101. Follow the signs for Hwy 93 South. There are lot's of turns here. If you have driven it and can provide good directions please let me know. Go about 80 miles south on Hwy 93 hen turn left on Montana-43 (which becomes Idaho-43) and drive about 25 miles to Montana-278. Continue 20 miles to Jackson, MT.

****From Jackson, Montana for all travelers****:

Just south of Jackson turn west on SKINNER MEADOW ROAD .. (a right if headed south) toward Idaho, big mountains, (good gravel/dirt road - please respect private ranches - drive slow, watch for cattle) Go 8.5 MILES, through fence and cattle guard into National Forest then take LEFT TURN and ONE LANE BRIDGE over creek (left turn is approx 1.5 miles before Van Houten Lake campground) to FRONT GATE ~ PARKING ~ BUS VILLAGE ~ HANDICAPPED PARKING WELCOME HOME!

See the topo map http://tinyurl.com/Montana2013map. Or plug N 45.23845 W 113.43487 into your GPS.

The altitude is about 6,500 feet above sea level. Be prepared for days in the 60s & 70s and nights into the 30s. Thunderstorms happen. Be prepared for rain. Check the weather here.

Just a friendly reminder, directions will probably change or additional details will change over the next week or so. Check back for updated directions.

The site is the the Beaverhead-Deerlodge National Forest. The local USFS offices is at 420 Barrett St. Dillon, MT 59725-3572. Visit the website.
    USFS phone numbers:

(406) 683-3900
    (406) 683-3913 (24-hour recorded information line)

Additional Transportation Information:
    Butte, MT is the closest large city although I think Bozeman or Missoula are probably not much further and seem to have bigger airports.

Trailways operates service to Dillon, MT -- the closest city on the interstate and about 45 miles from the gathering site. Call Trailways at 703-691-3052 between 9:00 AM and 4:00 PM Eastern Time, Monday through Friday.

There is a Greyhound/Trailways stop at Jim's Smoke Shop, 25 E Helena, Dillon, MT 59725 that is open M-5 from 8 AM to 5 PM. Call (406) 683-6703.

A bus leaves from Butte @ 7 AM and 7 PM daily to Dillon from 1324 Harrison Avenue Butte, MT 59701.
    There is a daily bus at 4 PM from Missoula Greyhound Station @ 1660 West Broadway Missoula, MT 59800.
    There is a daily bus at 4:30 PM from Bozeman 1205 E Main Street Bozeman, MT 5971.

http://montanagathering2013.blogspot.ca/2013/06/welcome-home.html

Anybody have any experience with the 2000 Montana gathering site? Anything we should know?

15. tetonmoon61

tetonmoon61 Guest

Hi all I am a mother of a son who is going to this event in Montana, I believe in experiencing everything you can in life.. so I encourage this. But I am a MOM and I worry. I would like to know what he should bring as far as food, shelter, comforts, etc. He is a Hip Hop artist and very political, not sure you all will like his approach to change in his lyrics as for we in this family do not believe that there is a way for peaceful change any longer.. but that is his gig not mine. I think you all will enjoy his intellect and his word smithing but again, up to him if he partakes. My main concern and I have a day to prepare is what he will need to be safe, comfortable and not a burden to all.
    Please reply you can email direct if you like to tetonmoon61@gmail.com Thanks Tessa

16. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

Hope the family all gets there safely!

17. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Hope the family stays that way! Social distancing at a Rainbow Gathering seems like mission impossible. Shiny, happy people holding hands! Let's hope Covid-19 has been licked by then. Otherwise, the gatherers may get an even chillier reception than usual.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    Gayandgray and ZenKarma like this.
  18. rasta g child

rasta g child flower power

App State will = $un University [Rainbow$]