Humans are not superior

Discussion in 'Animism' started by plantsarepeopletoo, Jul 1, 2012.

1. fem_fatale

fem_fatale Members

We are far superior to all other life in earth. Animals are food for us. They live or die at our whim. We are gods to them.

2. Dax

Dax Members

I don't think thats anything for us to be proud about.

3. fem_fatale

fem_fatale Members

Ju
    Just facts

4. The fact that you're typing......
    On a global electronic network.........
    While debating on Ahi or Yellowfin.........
    From a Sushi delivery service...............
    In a concrete and steel jungle, nearly devoid of nature..............

And a few of you have walked on the moon.

...............seems like that might indicate some measure of superiority over a wide scale of life forms from bacteria to Sperm Whales. Even if it's only in mechanical terms.

We can make all kinds of moral assessments, but they all fall flat when the lifeboat runs out of food. At that point we generally rejoin the rest of the food chain.

Driftrue likes this.
  5. Dax

Dax Members

Of course you right. But behaving in that way just makes us good at killing.

6. fem_fatale

fem_fatale Members

Behave in what way? I’m an omnivore , because of evolution. I’m tired of listening to fools deny evolution

themnax likes this.
  7. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

well put.

8. Dax

Dax Members

Oh ... Okay then. :flushed:

9. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I feel like there has to be context. Is anything just.. "superior" ? At what? Life? Running? Communicating?

themnax and WritersPanic like this.
  10. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

Would animals still be discussing this after 8 years ?

Driftrue and WritersPanic like this.
  11. themnax

themnax Senior Member

non-human sapients on a planet in another solar system might. the sapients of one world almost certainly look like non-sapient "animals" to the sapients of another.
    if one were to judge by appearances alone, humans of planet earth, look like "animals" to the sapient people, (each world with their own appearance of what a sapient person looks like) of every other sapient populated world in this universe. to equate sapient with "human", is a critical failure of the imagination.

(sapient is the subset of sentient that is motivated to create. even most sentients explore)

we make furnature. we make so much furnature that we seldom see anything else. that lets us imagine we are some other seperate kind of thing from other animals. we're not.

and no human has ever walked anywhere, even the stirile moon, without their internal ecology of bacteria and virus.

(i know the pretense is that only we have souls. but there is no observable evidence that if we do, that we are in any way alone in doing so. no reason at all to assume a cat or fox or a weasil or a skunk or anything else, has any less of a soul then yourself. no book of scripture was ever written by a god. they may have been written by someone who know someone a god had chosen to be channeled by. but even that is speculation. granted, as far as we know they weren't written by wolves, but i wouldn't be so sure they might not have been written by coyote.)

Last edited: May 13, 2020
    Driftrue and WritersPanic like this.
  12. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

either everything has a soul, or souls don't exist, says I.
    i feel it is the former.

mysticblu21 and themnax like this.
  13. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

I agree with this. Gandhi himself had stated thus, “Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's needs, but not every man's greed.”

The subjective reality that humanity lives in, with its fast increasing desires and cravings, is becoming increasingly at odds with existential or objective reality. A tiger may kill a deer for its present needs, but it does not kill a lot of deers at the same time, to hoard them up due to craving.

In the past, people were content and happy with few things, being nourished with joy and peace by living in tune with nature and depending on it for their needs.

At present, due to the immense influence of the advertising industry, people are discontent due to being injected daily with numerous desires , and confuses material pleasures with happiness .

As per the ads,if you don't have the latest mobile, watch, perfume or car, you are a loser and irrelevant nonentity in society. This is obviously projected that way to ensure good revenue for the companies while at the same time exacting a major toll on people's mental health.

Joan Tollifson elaborates on this in this article....

Joan Tollifson on the relation of addiction to capitalism-consumerism

“The pollution of the planet is only an outward reflection of an inner psychic pollution: millions of unconscious individuals not taking responsibility for their inner space.” ~ Eckhart Tolle

Tolle too here states that the toxic subjective or psychological reality we live in, characterized by ever increasing cravings, is influencing and exacting a toll on nature and earth as well.

Humanity has wiped out 60% of animal populations since 1970, report finds

The above report shows that humanity has wiped out 60 per cent of animal populations since 1970.

Every excess is followed by a reaction and it is quite possible that the present crisis the whole world is facing came up as a sort of reaction by the intelligence present in nature to even things out. Imho, most people had been anticipating this.

By shifting from compulsiveness to conscious decision-making, one can focus on what one needs rather than desires/cravings, and make correct and holistic decisions healthy for oneself, future humanity and nature.

I don’t want to tell anyone how much water they should use or shouldn’t use. But whatever you do – make it as conscious as possible. If you become conscious, you will only use as much as you need to. This will make a world of difference. Right now, we are behaving as if we’re the last generation on the planet. ~ Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev

Last edited: May 16, 2020
  14. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

But as I've repeatedly said, I have three soles !!!

15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

As a proud standing creationist I can say I am the superior being. :) You evolutionists, you're just monkeys and pale hairless apes to me.

16. themnax

themnax Senior Member

"created" or evolved, humans on earth are not superior to sapient people on worlds of other solar systems.
    the only way sapient is "superior" to sentient, is well, the only observable thing that defines it, which is the impulse and motivation to create.

17. themnax

themnax Senior Member

well, anyone can say anything, but if species human were the reason the universe was created,
    why does it take, special equipment, pressure suits providing breathable atmosphere and the rest of it,
    for a human to survive, anywhere beyond or outside of, the thin layer of biosphere, surrounding the surface of this earth?

18. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Not many other sapient beings kill for power. We have that down to a T.

19. Alonso376

Alonso376 Members

If we are not superior and dropped our ego, our search for knowledge, our thirst for advancing and our determination to put our knowledge to the use of a better future would be worthless to you?

20. Alonso376

Alonso376 Members

Hop
    Hopefully your friendly plants will one day be able to prevent a massive asteroid hitting Earth and wiping out all life. Surely humans would then be grateful of the true dominant species here.