How long do I have to wait before I can get a a tattoo fixed?

Discussion in 'Body Modification' started by Secret123, May 19, 2012.

1. Secret123

Secret123 Guest

Hi, I got my first tattoos recently, just simple little designs (treble clef on my right wrist and bass clef on my left), and to be honest, the artist did a pretty piss poor job. He didn't do anything wrong, like tattoo out of the shape or anything, but in some parts it's missing ink and the whole thing looks patchy. How long do I have to wait before getting it fixed? It's healed, but do I need to leave it for the ink to settle down or anything?
    Cheers

2. BuckStacyBuck

BuckStacyBuck Member

two weeks

3. Michael Phelps

Michael Phelps Am I being detained?

Wait as long as it takes to find a good tattoo artist.

4. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

Completely wrong. This is horrible advice. You have to wait until it COMPLETELY heals which is minimum a month. I would wait about two months. And remember, you get what you pay for. Dont go to the guy who charges 25 bucks an hour.

5. BuckStacyBuck

BuckStacyBuck Member

yeah, you'll be fine after two weeks.
    once the scabs are gone you'll be good to go.
    and by the sound of it, you're gonna wanna get those tats re-done asap.

goodluck finding a new artist.

6. zelayaandrea

zelayaandrea Members

Sorry for reposting on this post but I have no idea how to use this site and I need someone to look at my tattoo for me... I got mine 13 days ago and I specifically followed the guidelines I was given and I've properly taken care of it, but I was told that due to the meds I'm on my skin might have had trouble absorbing the ink... I think it looks absolutely awful. And I don't know if this is normal??

7. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

I also have a new tattoo that needs some reworking. The artist did a fine job, I just walked around the entire first day on my tattooed foot, causing the bandages to rub. Don't worry guys. You will have to wait a month or 2, but then you can go back for touch ups. Any good tattoo artist will also do free touch ups on their own work.

If you don't wait that long, you will basically be getting inked right on a very fresh scar.

I'm going to go get mine shaded and coloured eventually and I'll have the touch ups done then.

8. Ameli

Ameli Members

I also think it's better to wait for about 1,5-2 month.

9. @Kelly

@Kelly Members

To do everything right you'd better to wait for about 2 month, but it's easier said than done, I know I wouldn't wait more than a month...

10. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

I need to wait for barefoot season to come around again before I can get touch ups done on my foot... :(

I might get some other ink in the meantime though.

11. Ladybird321

Ladybird321 Members

OK, how long did you actually wait? It seems like I'm having the same problem.

12. InkdWolf

InkdWolf Members

Didn't read the other response but I would just wait till the tattoos have flaked the little sunburn like "scabs" for lack of a better word....but honestly if you can run a finger nail over it without any pain you're good! I have a ton of ink and really big pieces can be done in a short amount of time because waiting between sessions doesn't take much time at all

13. lovelyfoxes

lovelyfoxes Members

2 weeks.. if were talking a touch up should it require one, 2 weeks.

14. autophobe2e

autophobe2e Senior Member

I've yet to find a shop that won't retouch for free if it's their own work, cheapest option and if its only a simple design its not a big risk. It could well be that they got the apprentice to do you since you only wanted something simple (possibly flash off the rack?) and if you go back someone with more experience will fix it free of charge.