Your favourite piece of clothing?

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by foresting, May 14, 2012.

1. foresting

foresting Member

A treasured band tshirt? Something you would take when running from a burning house? Sentimental reasons?
    Describe or post a picture, whatever works!

~

I'd have to say my own favourite item of clothing is this lovely second hand brown bell sleeved jacket I have. Bell sleeve anything makes me feel nice. Plus, it's super soft and warm.

[​IMG]

2. Kyrara-Ruxandra

Kyrara-Ruxandra Member

This thrifted blouse, definitely... I just love it; I probably wore it more than any other blouse, and yet it looks like new.:)

3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I like that jacket, it looks retro and groovy. Just my style as well :D

One of my favourite pieces of clothing is this wide pants I just won't throw away. I nowaday mainly wear it inside. It's my chill pants now :p This pic is from 2007 and I'm wearing them now (yes I have other pants too :p), so it gives an idea how fond I'm on them:

[​IMG]

Not the best pic for them but you can see the stuff they're made from (no clue how to call this fabric in english) and how they look.

4. PEACEFUL LIBRA

PEACEFUL LIBRA DAMN RIGHT I'M A WEIRDO

My signed flyers t shirt

5. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

@asmodean they look like corduroy

I have a hat I like (cap)...i liked it enough to contact the company years ago and order a few dozen...so yeah..ill probably wear them until im dead

6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I googled corduroy and I think you are right, these are indeed the characteristics:

[​IMG]

It's a fact that these kind of pants wear down faster than most others (i wasted enough corduroy pants, they generally don't last 2 years if you like them) so it's quite spectacular I'm still rocking these special ones!

7. TipsyGypsy

TipsyGypsy Light of a Fading Star

I have a long pink and blue dress that I have had for years, it has a few holes in and looks washed out, but I refuse to throw it away.

Other than that, probably my spotty brown scarf. It smells of someone nice.

8. foresting

foresting Member

@Kyrara-Ruxandra

Aww you are so cute! I dig the blouse.

@Asmodean
    Definitely corduroy, how groovy! I have the sweetest blue corduroy bag.

9. RetiredHippie

RetiredHippie Hick

I have an old beat up lined jean shirt that I wear for a spring and fall jacket. I've had it for 10 years or so.

10. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

I think all my clothes are over 10 years old... :D

11. Veebie

Veebie Member

An old pair of rugby shorts.
    Would post an image, if I could. But they're currently being sat on.

Acquired from my mother's ex-boyfriend. I happened to be passing through his flat, because I needed his bike. I was wearing a skirt. Didn't think he'd miss them too much. So - thus wise. I also took a Twix from his pantry.

I actually still have no idea who "The Dragons RFC" really are. But they're comfortable as hell!

12. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

I have a box of tie dyes from my ex husband, and they are probably the only things I could not replace, so those.
    After that, I seem to live in Thai fisherman's pants.
    And my Chacos, definitely my Chacos. I've had them since 1998.

13. Quirk

Quirk Member

I have this sweater than I got in New York. It's black and says, "New York" on it in white letters. It's messy and there's a smell on the right sleeve that will never come out (I threw up on it at school once, which is disgusting but eh, memories). I like it because I like sweaters and hoodies that are too big for me. I feel more comfortable in them, especially if I'm wearing a revealing shirt underneath that NOBODY CAN SEE. Muahaha.

14. Bassline514

Bassline514 Member

I have this camo-printed military jacket since like forever. Over time I got to put all kinds of things on it, badges, studs, buttons, pieces of fabric, etc., it's really one of a kind and highly personal so I just can't imagine throwing it away.

There is also a few items I made/transformed that I dearly love, low-neck Che shirt, anarchy sign sleeveless shirt with a constellation of studs over the chest, black vest with a red band and Crass logo on the right sleeve, black and white hoodie with a gaz mask and "toxic waste" sign on the back. Otherwise I have a few skirts and dresses I found at thrift stores and some leopard-printed items that are worth their weight in gold to me: tank top, shirt, short skirt, long skirt, dress, leggings and vest.

15. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

I'm lovin this tee shirt right now
    [​IMG]

16. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

My cloak. I made it and it's very wonderful and warm. :love: It's full length and hooded. The exterior is a soft beige heavy fleece, like a bunny rabbit. The lining is a soft beige, pink and green big plaid made of flannel. It's got some nice trim around the hood and front openings...I should take a pic of it and add it here. I'll do that in a later edit.

17. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

right now id have to say my 2 new pairs of heavy thick winter sweat pants

18. 1r0n_0x1d3

1r0n_0x1d3 Member

My The Dude t-shirt .

19. zombiewolf

zombiewolf Senior Member

My calfskin jacket...

[​IMG]

And my full length wool top coat

[​IMG]

20. clairehobby

clairehobby Member

my wedding dress is my favorite clothing,although only dressed it one day,but the memery is
    permanent