Witchcraft?

Discussion in 'Paganism' started by JenLenyn, May 9, 2012.

1. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

So can you put a spell on me? (just getting this thing on topic again :D)

2. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Only with your permission! ;) That's how an ethical practitioner works.

3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Witches probably come in all kinds of ethical gradations though :p (not speaking from experience)

4. JenLenyn

JenLenyn Member

happens to me all the time as well

5. Aerianne

'Tis true.

6. shameless_heifer

shameless_heifer Super Moderator

Satanism is not Wiccan. I feel it is more frequency and vibration. Sending out certain vibs, if you will. It's like you're sending it out into the universe and reaches it's directed destination by your Will.. It's learning to channel your energy to bring about what you desire, with love in the most perfect way.

Using Nature, smoke, objects, verbal vibration and intuition. You do your affirmations daily to set the 'mood' Power yourself up as your reach your Mantra, your 'vib', charging your core with energy.

When you have 'cleansed' your aura you lay your bait to attract the favors of the Lord and Lady yin and yang, your higher self, asking them to tea, so to speak. Paying them homage, bringing together in balance.. all within your circle.

after a time with the energy source when you feel right you can write your question in a small piece of paper and burn it with the flame of a white candle. All within your circle.

Watch as the smoke curls up and think about what you are wanting, feel it, see it, become it, be it.. whatever it is that you are looking for.

Ask for a reply and be still and wait, listen to everything around you, let it take you floating gently through the universe of your soul.

There you will find what you seek.

Close your circle and know/believe that as it is asked, even before it leaves your lips, it Will be done, harming none.

Stay in the LIGHT do not go beyond your power.

Bright Blessings on your journey
    sh

7. shameless_heifer

shameless_heifer Super Moderator

No one can spell you unless you give them your power.

8. sneepsnop

sneepsnop Member

Something that really helped me out was this pagan forum - everythingunderthemoon.net

It really helps you get you on your feet so you can figure out your own path in the realm of witchcraft. While I'm not a wiccan or anything like that, my religion still involves witchcraft, and it doesn't so much matter who helps you out. Theres lots of basic principles and ideas i.e. practice meditation to increase concentration and thus you'll get better at focusing your energy during magick.

Make sure to read about witchcraft of other religions. I'm a Satanist so there are some things I don't agree with in that forum. Everyone is caught up in the 3 fold rule and karma, both things I don't believe in.

All in all, it's a great place to get you started. You can create an account and ask for help and I'm sure there are a list of good resources (like books) that members have posted about. Just go take a look.

9. jaredfelix

jaredfelix Namaste ॐ

love spells are black majick because they do make someone go against their free will

10. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

One could always cast a spell that made themselves more appealing... That wouldn't be black magic... It could reinforce a life style that was healthier and happier.

11. Aerianne

All your workings should be directed to the best and highest good for all concerned.

12. Mother's Love

Mother's Love Generalist

i am a post-theist witch. i used to believe in deities, now i dont. i feel deities are a good way to focus your energy, but they are not "real" they are a focusing idea to me.

i feel witchcraft is the energy work. anything you do can be witchcraft if you give it that purposeful energy. kneading a loaf of bread, weeding a garden, making a quilt. you imbue the bread with healthy thoughts, the garden and soil with richness, and the quilt with good wishes for the recipient. like sleeping beauty's fairy gifts. you just think it as you do it.

theres lots of resources, you might see if theres a pagan presence at a unitarian church near you. it is good to have a real-life guide. theres lots of books (personally i recommend Grimoire for the Apprentice Wizard as a good start) and lots of people who would love to help you find your path. but they do not prosthelytize, the teacher will appear.

13. Xion

Xion Guest

wichcraft is bogus
    in todays time its only spread in africa
    where they burn people alive...

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Well then you prolly wouldn't think it bogus if you was burning at the stake.

15. Mothman

Mothman Senior Member

Magical folk are not like Christians. They don't care if you believe like them or not and they will let the ignorant remain ignorant.

16. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Banned

Not only that, but Wicca and witchcraft are two completely different things. Wicca is a religion, whereas witchcraft is simply more of a craft.

17. bosnian420

bosnian420 Member

sit down under a tree when its raining put a stick in the ground............

18. nectar

nectar Member

I'm curious about Satanism. Why are you a Satanist? What do you practice? I understand Satan to be Lucifer, the Bringer of Light and Knowledge, and in that way I can understand he may be misunderstood in a Christian dominated society. Then also know Satan to be Baphomat, a stinking demon and true Evil. I also see how Satan CAN be tied in to Pan, the Male energy in our existence, and thus something to be worshipped.

Perhaps a Satanist can enlighten me.

19. kansas

kansas Member

To tell u the truth I am not into that kind of thing but if u want to learn some of the Harry potter herbs and herb magick kind of thing I really like this book I just started.reading weiser concise guide to herbal magick.

20. jaredfelix

jaredfelix Namaste ॐ

Thelema is pretty cool, and seems to be all encompassing of various philosophies, and esoteric, mystical wisdom.