Confused Youth

Discussion in 'The Future' started by thefunkyskunk, Apr 24, 2012.

1. thefunkyskunk

thefunkyskunk Guest

Kids that grow up with social networks that enable them to see each others every move - tightening the bonds of conformity...... wait a second? .... Oh yeah

2. jaredfelix

jaredfelix Namaste ॐ

To a limit, yes, unfortunately

3. themnax

themnax Senior Member

the easily confused would to well to avoid corporate media. organized religious beliefs too.

4. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

But those are the ones most drawn to those things....

5. SageDreamer

SageDreamer Senior Member

Youth are more likely to conform than other people; they haven't had as much time to develop unique selves of their own.

I'm at an age when I don't want people to see my every move. It's not that I have anything in particular to hide, but I like a little bit of mystique.

6. tutu96

tutu96 Member

As a kid(16)I agree...most of the girls in my class have tans,no intelligence,and are the typical high school girl.Idont fit in with them fortunatly because I dislike the color pink,and actually care about something other than makeup and boys.

7. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Conformation has always been a heavy part of society, the only thing that will change with social media and networks is the way how the norms will be spread, I have my doubts it will intensify (even) more. Of course it is not always apparent in the same amount in every age but overall I think we have always looked a lot at each other for confirmation how to look and act and this is not about to change. The norms (and fads) are always subject of change though.

8. themnax

themnax Senior Member

a default for society, but not for sapience, nor the greater reality of the universe outside and beyond sapient society.

and yes, oh so sadly true, about who turns to what and why.

9. FlyingFly

FlyingFly Dickens

From my personal observation retarded people with stay retarded with or without facebook. So it doesn't change much, more like shows what is happening.