Beginners Psychedelic "Ladder"

Discussion in 'The Psychedelic Experience' started by Sgt.Mecca, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Sgt.Mecca

Sgt.Mecca Visitor

hey guys, havent logged into these forums in a while. Ive been doing more reading and research on different drugs.
    What i want to do is put together a drug "ladder" for beginners. Not condoning drug use, or providing a basis for anyone to go out and try specific drugs.

The idea is:
    What order do you beleive is the best "step-wise" way to fully enjoy the " The Psychedelic Experience"

Id like to put together a list of 'drugs' and beside that, how long you beleive someone should have experience with the drug before they should move on the next step in the experience.
    For example, Cannabis - familiarize yourself for 4-5 years before trying savlia. Then Savlia - familiarize yourself for __years or _____ # of trips before trying ______ for the first time

Here is a quick list to refer to. Take your time to add/delete or make changes to the list and its contents

1. Cannabis - ___ years or ___# of trips
    2. Extacy / MDMA - _____ years or ___# of trips
    3. Shrooms
    4. Salvia
    5. LSD
    6. Ketamine
    7. Peyote
    8. Ayahuasca (brew)
    9. DMT (powder, insuffilated or smoked)

Thanks,
    I think this will be a great tool to refer back to, and we can share our views and opinions on the path we beleive is "best fit" for the ultimate psychedelic experience!

2. eatlysergicacid

eatlysergicacid Creep in a T-Shirt

Any order is as good as any other. I could only really list my own order.
    Cannabis
    Mephedrone
    LSD
    Shrooms
    MDMA
    DMT

I smoked weed for 3 or 4 years before I did any other drugs, but everything else is pretty much overlapping over a period of 2 years.

3. walsh

walsh Senior Member

10. Datura

4. SinisterBotanist

SinisterBotanist Member

Not even Terence McKenna could navigate datura. :p

I personally don't think it matters, so long as you do not start with DMT, just because it's generally considered to be fucking sacred. The first psychoactive I ever ingested was LSD. I tried pot a few months after, it doesn't do much for me. There isn't a lot to learn from it, I think. In Leo Zeff's psychedelic psychotherapy, he ALWAYS starts off with LSD, and then goes on to something else like MDMA or mushrooms, and eventually ibogaine is added to the mix.

5. MeatyMushroom

MeatyMushroom Juggle Tings Proppuh

It's not that easy, different drugs are obviously different to each other. There's no right or wrong order to try them in, it's just an experience at the end of the day.
    No amount of preparation can prepare you for a psychedelic experience, because it's something that's beyond your normal capacity for thought. Every time I trip I always forget how intense shit can get.. its unreal, can't just remember the amount of sensory input that you're bombarded with - too much to comprehend.

Know as much as you can about the drug you're gonna take, assess the risks, take it easy and just go for it. Whichever order. If you don't get the most out of that first experience, you can always return to it when you think you know how the shit plops.

6. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

I don't think there is a wrong or right way to do it... mine went marijuana, MDMA, mushrooms, and LSD will almost certainly be next.

7. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I must say I'm really impressed by the responses to this thread. I think it's a valiant attempt on your part op but I think it overlooks the main fact that people respond to psychedelics differently. A particular psychedelic may be sought after for one individual at a particular place and time but needed for another individual at a different place and time. Furthermore there are even discrepancies in ways to dose psychedelics, Timothy Leary practiced high doses first and then titrate down, Alexander Shulgin practiced low doses first and titrate up.

But I guess if I were to suggest somewhere to start with psychedelics, I would suggest exploring a plant or chemical that has a good amount of human use and a known safety profile.

8. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

What he said ^^^

9. Belltower

Belltower Member

The psychedelic experience is my own. I may or may not try ayhuasca and syrian rue someday. What my ladder will be is what I choose. I have dabbled in LSA and not interested in it again. Mostly shrooms or Mescaline are what I want again. Plus I will order 25I- NBOMe soon and if I like it I will retry. I have no desire for Salvia as its short and crazy. How can you get much learning in 5 minutes.

10. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

1. LSD.
    2. Go from there.

11. eatlysergicacid

eatlysergicacid Creep in a T-Shirt

What about LSD?

12. upperlevel

upperlevel Member

I think a better way to do this is to rank each drugs possible intensity from a single suitable first time dose. For example, many say that 100ug of LSD is a good first dose. Many take 2-3g of mushrooms the first time. We might be able to rank these.
    I don't think we can find a correct order to do them in really. Whichever is most available, do if you have had the desire. I mean most people won't actually be able to find DMT before they find pot or mushrooms.

13. NaturalHumanBeing

NaturalHumanBeing Guest

My experience, within a year:
    Cannabis
    MDMA
    2Cb
    Salvia

14. tricknologist

tricknologist menace to sobriety

I think it is a total misconception that there should be any sort of ordered "steps" to taking psychedelics.

I took them in the order that I was able to obtain them in, and figured out what I liked afterwards. I'm sure most other people's experiences are the same.

15. thismoment

thismoment Member

In the order I was able to get them... Right on. That's the way it is, although it's possible now to kind of mill around in quite a few RC choices.

16. Fribzytamine

Fribzytamine Banned

When the time is ready they will find you all of them :))

17. Buddy of the island

Buddy of the island Member

My experience:

Psilocybin
    Cannabis
    Ecstacy (always in combination with Opium, coincidentally)
    DXM
    LSD

id say evryone has their own path. i dont belive i was spiritually ready for my very first psychedellic, but the pure joy made me interested! which lead to many wonderful marijuanna meditations, the euphoria of Xs and Os, as i began to call it ahah. and then the very dark and violating encounters with dissociation. and eventually my spirit soard with LSD! my journy isnt nearly over yet!

18. Themrjackman12

Themrjackman12 Member

Well the proper order for maximum relief I think should be

-Booze
    -Pot
    -Small dose prescription drugs
    -MDMA
    -Shrooms
    -LSD
    -Peyote
    -DMT

So far my orders been
    -Pot
    -Booze(Thats right)
    -Molly
    -Prescription Drugs
    -Shrooms
    -LSD

19. siboney

siboney Guest

My psychedelic experience just started.. again..

- Booze
    - Maryjane (daily, at the age of 16 whilst unemployed, got me paranoid someday)
    - almost 10 years depression, spiced with 1 year of panic attacks, so almost only booze in that time, but that's more a childhood thing i guess)

so now, at the age of 27, after i sweared to god i'll never do drugs and getting buddhist:
    - MDMA (it's pure love, i feel cured of social anxiety, i think it's nice for beginners because you have no hallucinations)

This summer: Shrooms and maybe Alice (i don't like you can't realy dose it)

I guess the side-effects of prescription drugs like DXM aren't worth it :-\

Keep on discussing, i'm curious

20. gendorf

gendorf Senior Member

I think the first psychedelic experience should be on something plant based that makes you violently puke. I think thats very important cuz this way you dont start doing drug for pleasure. you do them to explore your mind.