Memes?

Discussion in 'Meme' started by Carlid, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Carlid

Carlid Banned

Why are they so popular?

Aren't they just crap, I mean they last five minutes aside from religion and stuff?

And what is it with getting with a meme as if joining a convoy of like minded idiots who can't think for themselves and couldn't be original if they tried is cool?

I mean.

If I post tl;dr

To a long post is this advertising I've bought into the shortening words meme, or that I have bought into the fact that being a lazy ignorant prick is somehow cool, like I'm some chav or Goth?

In short why are memes even worth bothering with. Surely if a meme is good the last thing you want to do is Rick roll someone because you are so au fait with the times, and like how cool am I? News flash it is not nor has it ever been cool to just blindly follow people or ideas like they are the next Jesus. :)

And what's more even if am being ironic would you even know why?

Simples.

2. jaredfelix

jaredfelix Namaste ॐ

memes are awesome becuase they are easy and everyone can make them.
    whats a rickroll? lol

3. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

Memes are like bad habits that you are better off getting rid of . desert rat

4. deleted

deleted Visitor

5. Carlid

Carlid Banned

6. Carlid

Carlid Banned

Even your mum?

7. jaredfelix

jaredfelix Namaste ॐ

lol whats a mum?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDZybFn3L3Q"]Mum - "They Made Frogs Smoke 'Til They Exploded" - YouTube

8. Carlid

Carlid Banned

9. jaredfelix

jaredfelix Namaste ॐ

oh mom ;p
    mummums are those bugs you call by name and they crawl out of those inverted cones in the dirt ;p

10. Carlid

Carlid Banned

Just like your mum then?

11. jaredfelix

jaredfelix Namaste ॐ

hahah noooooo silly thats mumumumumumumumumum
    i call my mom mommy sometimes

12. Justin_Hale

Justin_Hale ( •_•)⌐■-■ ...(⌐■_■)

13. Carlid

Carlid Banned

[​IMG]

I believe you have just been rick rolled.

14. Carlid

Carlid Banned

A surprise considering you don't know who yours is. Or did you mean your sister?

15. FuturEchoes

FuturEchoes Guest

16. 1r0n_0x1d3

1r0n_0x1d3 Member

17. Nyxx

Nyxx HELLO STALKER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6VCnYkNYLo"]100 Greatest Internet Videos In 3 Minutes - YouTube

18. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

I think memes are a wonderful way of connecting with people. Considering we're very different from each other, it's nice to have hobbies, memes, and other things that are very similar amongst us, so we can understand and relate to one another, making it easier for us to form relationships.

I'm sure there is a meme out there about hating memes or a meme about knowing the difference between being ironic, sarcastic, and a coincidence. And if it wasn't for that, you wouldn't be able to connect with those people.

I wish I could understand memes more than I do. Sometimes, I don't understand memes and the few times that I do, I can't really connect them with people. So, if you have that psychosocial skill, I think you should be happy. It makes for easier communication and bonding when you know what everyone is going on about.

19. Chigurh

Chigurh Members

Is it possible meme are the beginning of a new language, or perhaps the discovery of an ancient one? Some evolve to have a completely different meaning, maybe through irony, but it's still pretty much the same img only tweaked a bit. What if pictures are the future, a universal expression that has no regional disparity, and modern meme is the precursor for a great change in critical thinking, to come. I hope M. Night Shyamalan is involved somehow.

20. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member