Sadhguru Jaggi?

Discussion in 'Hinduism' started by Raga_Mala, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Raga_Mala

Raga_Mala Psychedelic Monk

What does everyone think of him? He seems to be widely regarded as a realized Saint and great Mystic.

On the one hand, whenever I heard him he seems to be speaking Dharma. On the other hand, I sometimes am put in a quandary by his big cult of personality, all his big recognition and fame...rings of Ego to me.

What are everybody's thoughts on Sadhguru?

2. gdkumar

gdkumar Member

Hare Krishna!

Dear Raga_Mala,

Honestly I do not know anything about sadguru (?) Jaggi.

Coming to the last part of your post and question, I would love to add the following with all due respects and regards for all present and past Gurus of the world. There is the age-old conflict and confusion over deciding upon a guru being a sadguru or a fake(Charlatan) guru. But it is not at all necessary. As I understand, except the Lord(God) every living being is in the process of evolutions and transformations. All gurus are also included in that process. Today's sadguru was yesterday's fake one. To my understanding the status of the disciple is more important than the guru. Because guru may be sadh or fake but the name or the mantra that Guru gives is not fake, it is the Lord's name. The disciple's focus on his purpose and faith in guru only can do wonders for him. Otherwise it is useless to have a great and sadguru. So, if sincerity, love, faith and devotion is there, even a so-called charlatan Guru can do wonders for some. There is an old adage saying, " Guru Mile Hazaro Chela Mile Na Koi", meaning thousands of gurus are available but alas there is not even one disciple!

Here, faith in Guru means the faith in the mantra that he gives. One must cent per cent believe and have faith that chanting the mantra alone can take him to the realization of Satchitananda.

Love,

Kumar.

3. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

Nothing at all to add to that.

Except to amplify that all depends on our own devotion.
    In one sense, as GDK says, all gurus are actually only conditioned beings in the process of evolution towards the goal.So in oine way, all gurus are fakes, except God Himself/Herself.

4. dojodee

dojodee Member

I had been to his ashram in coimbatore india isha yoga main center which is 4 hours drive for me.he is so simple and just advice to lead a simple life with little complications but unfortunately that is the hardest thing in todays world so he is the most wanted guru as people cant even understand how simple this life is and how easily they can lead

5. Chodpa

Chodpa Senior Member

tell us about isha yoga

6. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

I feel that he is a genuine enlightened master.

With respect to 'his big cult of personality, all his big recognition and fame', I think that goes with his charisma, enlightenment and brilliant wit.

He has a silver tongue , and can speak eloquently on any subject with sharp brilliance and insight, and is thus invited to many discussion forums for his reviews.

He is quite popular with the younger generation with his motorcycle, sunglasses and jeans, quite different from the other conservative monks and masters.

Isha Foundation, founded by him, has organised tree planting initiatives, and Project Greenhands initiated by him, resulted in 852,587 saplings being planted in 6284 locations by over 256,289 volunteers in just three days. This event resulted in the setting of a World Record for the most trees planted in three days.

The interesting fact about him is that he attributed his enlightenment just to the practice of hatha yoga which he practiced since he was a 12 year old. He also states that Hatha yoga helped him as a kid to be an early riser, when previously he had slept till afternoon, had to be forced awake by his parents, and usually went to school in a sleepy demeanour.

His point is that these exercises helped him to connect with his natural state, leading to his enlightenment later on.

7. Chodpa

Chodpa Senior Member

sadguru jaggery is a sweet guy

8. themnax

themnax Senior Member

anything that can be put into words is not the true universal wonderful strangeness.

i do not mean that against the good intentions of living persons or spirit persons,
    only that it is beyond anything that can be taught or any awareness can express

the greatest guru has no one name or form nor is in any one place

every ego tries to give it one, every belief claims to,
    yet doing so, only obscures it and blinds us all the more to it.

guides can be useful good people, but they are still a seperate thing.
    no one can bring you to what you seek
    only recognizing that it is in all places
    and never confined in any one place,
    and even these words, are still words.

i do not know this person,
    if i did, i see no reason
    all would not remain as it is

9. Chodpa

Chodpa Senior Member

he killed his wife

and he has a meditation called 'cock meditation' dhyanalingi

sounds auspicious