Dropping completly out from the society.

Discussion in 'Camping/Outdoor Living' started by FlyingFly, Mar 27, 2012.

1. FlyingFly

FlyingFly Dickens

Did you ever had this... 'call of the wild'?

Hope that some of you won't be scared by this wall of text.

I hate society. I hate civilisation. I hate it for so many thing it would be pointless to describe all of them here. Sure there are nice things that keep me away from commiting suicide, like internet, games, programming, drugs... But I would exchange all of this to live as we are supposed to live, maybe with little help of technology.

I don't like the way we currently live. Waste your best years in school, next university. And now you have made it. You have officially became a robot. Go to work, go back home, sleep. Sounds like a wonderfull life... Family, friends, they say, 'hey you can work hard for like 20 years and then do whatever you want'. Sure. I fucking love preparing all my childhood to work somewhere or 20 years like an idiot and later on when I'm old and can't do half of the things, continue with my life...

Lately I was thinking if there was some way to become completly self-sufficient. I would like to sell my house here in europe, buy some forest somewhere in the world and move in the middle of it. I will still need to have some money to pay taxes thouh. Everyone to whom I have mentioned something like this laughed and called me crazy. I would like to be like them. Just accept how society functions. Or be blind and don't see anything. Why the hell I can't be some random common idiot, not thinking about anything, just being happy...

Probably won't hear from any people, which decided to live in wild, as they won't have computers there ;) So it is kinda hard to know if someone succeded and how he did it. ( like this '21 years in a van' guy )

I have picked-up some survival books lately, so if there will be opportunity to do what I want, I will be prepared at least mentally. I wish I would some day crash into some island without people or in some way happen to be there, being able to stay there, not going back to society.

I would probably collect some tools, first aid kit of some sort and maybe even a tent, to be help in the begginings. Then build a hut, maybe make farm, maybe breed animals. Still need to pick up lots of informations. And live this way, improving my small personal imperium everyday, living without money, worrying only about food and fire.

Still not sure if I would be able to live like this for many years. I am rather introvert outsider, choosing not social way of live. But I don't know how I would do completly alone for that long time.

I'm currently 17, so I still have some time to make decisions. Maybe I will finish university and see if I still want this. If I will survive so long.

What do you think about all of this? Anyone here feels similar?

2. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

i think everyone feels like this at some point, usually around your age. it's the point where you start to move into adulthood and you realize just how fucked up of a place we live in, and how there is no hope that it will ever be fixed in your lifetime.

3. FlyingFly

FlyingFly Dickens

Then why not to do something about it? Why just let yourself become what you don't want so much to be?

4. jaredfelix

jaredfelix Namaste ॐ

soooooo many times hahaha in fact just thinking about it today hmmm
    its so hard though like actually COMMITTING to the idea you know

5. eggsprog

who says i'm letting myself become anything? i'm happy with the way i'm living my life. i'm just saying that wanting to remove yourself completely is a common first reaction to being exposed to more and more of the inequality and injustice in the world.

as you learn more about injustice, you'll realize that it's not as easy as just deciding to do something. everything isn't black and white, and often the best of intentions end up making problems worse.

Lo Pan likes this.
  6. eggsprog

also, you should watch the film 'into the wild' and/or read the book by the same name. it's an interesting (true) story about a guy trying to do what you're describing.

Lo Pan likes this.
  7. jaredfelix

jaredfelix Namaste ॐ

hilarious lol shitt man i honestly dont think it would be hard at all living out in wilderness by yourself or whatever but itd probably just get boring after awhile and youd want to connect with other people

Cashtwenty2 likes this.
  8. FlyingFly

FlyingFly Dickens

Definitely will, thanks.

I am also worried that I might become even more indifferent. I guess we don't have rebel phase because of nothing. It looks like last cry for help for me.

Might or might not, there is something that you have to sacrifice, maybe for me it is connection with other people.

I'm not sure how would I cope with people. Sure I want to connect with someone, just don't know anyone... hmm... 'valid'. From time to time it is good for me to meet someone. But preferably for short time. I like being alone, but not feeling alone.

9. jaredfelix

jaredfelix Namaste ॐ

:Dyeah i hear ya were all getting there

10. aesthetic

aesthetic Z

You should help me destroy the world....

11. jaredfelix

jaredfelix Namaste ॐ

tell everyone

12. FlyingFly

FlyingFly Dickens

world is beautiful, people are seriously fucked up though.... :)

Cashtwenty2 likes this.
  13. jaredfelix

jaredfelix Namaste ॐ

hobos have the coolest stories..... one had said he found a loophole at a bank and once scored some free cash due to a decimal error dont know if he was being legit or just high as fuck lol

14. Comfortablynumb11

Comfortablynumb11 Member

That is how I feel about society, I fucking hate it...but i have not found a way to totally drop out from it. Honestly I am kind of hoping the system collapses then there won't be a society just ruins of a society that had to come down...because what goes up must come down. But for now I have no real way of surviving without income which I don't even have as is I probably have to borrow money for my dad till I can find a job...so I am going to settle for seasonal or part time work and do what I want to on my free time.

But I would love to become self sufficient and not have to depend on this society for anything.

15. Skooky

Skooky Member

Watch the movie for emotional impact and great music by Eddie Vedder, but seriously read the book. It's more informative and maybe closer to the truth. I finished reading it again recently. In my opinion Chris McCandless wasn't looking to permanently escape civilization, more likely he was hiding/running away from his relationships with his family. Mostly his father.

anyways

Good luck trying to get completely away from civilization.

peace

16. Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels Member

Well, I'm glad I finally found this thread.

Society sickens me. It's disheartening to watch millions of people hand their brains over to big business, television, obsessive shopping habits, pharmaceuticals, and more (I could go on, but there are too many to list). I've been researching into alternative lifestyles, coming across this forum in the process.

My goal is to live off the grid in a tiny house on wheels. Not an RV or motor home, one of these bad boys. http://www.ecojoes.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/tiny-house-under-tree.jpg Tinies are more affordable, more energy efficient, and you don't need to pay property taxes or even have a building permit.

I figure that once SHTF, I'll need mobility. And what better way than to turn the ignition and drive your house into the sunset?

Into the Wild was an awesome movie, by the way.

Lo Pan likes this.
  17. FlyingFly

FlyingFly Dickens

I like to go to the shopping centre in Christmas, stand somewhere with a nice view and watch how all these people run mindlessly, throwing out all their money, buying tons of food that will be wasted anyway, buying forced gifts, pretending to be nice and friendly. ( why the hell you should be nice only few days in the year? )

Some adverts on tv really make me want to find guy which came up with this idea and strangle him with his own intestines...
    It is scary how many people actually believe in these.

Crazy...

18. Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels Member

I feel you, my friend. I like watching Black Friday stampedes and seeing how many sheeple fall to the ground and are ignored by the masses sprinting to get the first 80% off TV/shoes/macbook/fillinthedamnblank. I wonder what's going through these people's minds while they do this.

19. IndigoDreamer

IndigoDreamer Member

Hey, a fellow Coloradan with a similar point of view! A friend and I have been planning to start a self sustainable lifestyle away from this society as well. We're thinking of maybe travelling to a few communes to get some experience, and eventually starting our own eco-haven. Anyway, we're looking for others with like minds so that maybe we can collaborate in escaping being slaves! c:

20. Brenjaisu

Brenjaisu Guest

My bestfriend swears that he has this entire "escape from enslavement" figured out.
    His plan is to attend college after he has finished high school to major in Psychology. He wants to gain as much knowledge towards the human mind's capabilities. After he has earned his promising degree, he intends on fleeing to the Amazonian Jungle to pursue the purity of transcending into a spiritual guider that hosts Ayahuasca ceremonies. These spiritual tours last for about 4 days and 5 nights deep in the heart of the South American rainforest.

Now THAT's an idea.

21. Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels Member

If only more young people had the desire to escape/destroy/fuck the system. Society would become over 9000 times better.

22. Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels Member

THAT sounds like one hell of a journey. I honestly hope he succeeds so that he may uncover new insight into humans.

23. Mason Grey

Mason Grey Member

lots of people have amazing ideas and possibilities in their minds...
    that is a great thing, but
    until you do it - WHO FUCKING CARES.