Trip Report 4 Tabs

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by upperlevel, Mar 23, 2012.

1. upperlevel

upperlevel Member

I dropped it 10pm last night 4 tabs of legitimate 150ug strength, making 600ug.
    This is something I will not attempt again without proper guidance/assistance and not for a considerable period of time. It was an amazing journey and one I am glad I survived.

I took these tabs at 10pm, and then started listening to a comedy podcast just to loosen my brain up to not being so serious. I also picked up my pad or paper and pens to begin drawing. I didn't realize I was feeling anything until 45 minutes later when I realized that I didn't remember drawing half of what I drew. I also realized at that point that urination was imminent. I went and it was a considerably easier experience this time than it would be the next few times nature called.

I went back into my bedroom to lay down, standing was difficult, but the visuals hadn't kicked in full tilt yet. So I just sat in my bed listening to various songs and watching the faint visuals begin forming.

Then I flipped to the album Wish You Were Here.

Almost like a switch I flicked into heavy trip mode as soon as I heard the song begin. I also was noticing a long period of time between clicking the song on my ipod to it actually beginning, A LONG TIME.

At this point I was about 1h 30m into the experience and I felt/heard/experienced the sound in my brain similar to an old computer trying to process a large operation. This gave way to all levels of "sphleez.glorbin.we-wenna.heezehorzin" kind of sounds in my brain that I would describe as similar to movie depictions of many different space ships whizzing by me. I had only experienced this level of tripping once, and that was on three of the same tabs.

Those sounds somewhat worried me, they sounded like what a crazy person would here. I just went with it anyway.

Then I realized I was having to concentrate on every breath to survive.
    "in"
    "out"

EVERY breath, "in"..."out. It was incredibly tedious as I was really getting into Shine on You Crazy Diamond, it sounded amazing as always but instead of enjoying it I was doing the work that the body usually does for me.

The entire peak was honestly not what I would describe as enjoyable at all, because I was just trying to survive. I feel like everyone should experience this at least once, not even talking about holding on to some level of sanity, just deciding to take every breath. Deciding to keep your self alive.

As the peak wore on, breathing was always my main concern, and it got more difficult as time began to warp around each breath and I could not tell how long in between breaths was normal. THEN...

Then I felt urination coming. This was the hardest battle in my life so far honestly. I had to learn to control every part of myself anew - all while focusing on continuing to breath above all else. I got out of my bed, and stumbled to the bathroom and stood above the bowl. The feeling of not knowing when I was finished was the worst, I also literally couldn't tell if there was anything coming out near the end, I saw a stream but when I put my hand it it there was no wetness. That was when I decided I was done, pulled up my shorts and stumbled back to bed.

The rest of the peak was just insane, still having to concentrate on every breath. It took me 20 minutes to figure out my ipod to pump some tunes into my headphones.

I guess by hour four, I had taught myself to have a 'habit' of breathing. I still heard my brain telling my lungs '"in"..."out" but I could concentrate on more/less important things.

This is where my trip began being comfortable, and enjoyable again. I listened to some more music, drew some more things (among which a page where all I did was drew the word fun in interesting ways I'd say 400 times at least, must have taken hours looking aback at it now) and my visuals were generally indescribable but similar to other trips I have had.

I have not fully remembered the thoughts that went through my brain past the peak, but those are either personal or cliche thoughts anyway.

I just posted this as a cautionary tale to tell of my difficulty during the peak of this trip. You have to pay your dues for any great realization or visualization (sometimes by actually having to control your some of the body's usually automatic systems). Also 600ug can whoop your ass or make it none-existent at points.

I have not slept since dropping, so this may or may not be coherent.

2. smokeyroom

smokeyroom Member

cool story,and funny.i sometimes have the same thing happen when im shitting.don't know if im done or not.i've had difficulty walking and using the remote control..but breathing thats a new one,must of been bakin pretty good :) .peace.

3. jaredfelix

jaredfelix Namaste ॐ

that is one of the most intense things ive ever read, i can only imagine. man oh man
    i have yet to experience the mystery of lsd

4. upperlevel

upperlevel Member

Part of me thinks that stopping deciding to breathe is actually how you experience an ego softening or death. I can't be sure if I would just pass out and my body would take over or if I would have died if I stopped consciously taking breaths.

Part of me believes that had I not focused on it for some reason, I would have never had to control it.

5. jaredfelix

jaredfelix Namaste ॐ

interesting... maybe it all depends on what you actually want. do you want to go to a better place or just pass out?

6. felix4life

felix4life Member

Wow, quite intense. I think you would expereince ego death too if you would have let go of your breath but you never know, can't risk it unless you have an experienced trip sitter.

Put 'piss bottle' on your trip checklist next time.

7. kokujin

kokujin Senior Member

I SWEAR the same thing happened to me, on a fairly strong dose that I now think was DoX. Scary shit, especially because you're highly sensitive & tripping. I eventually convinced myself my body probably IS breathing normally, perhaps not deeply, and it's silly to really believe I won't eventually take a breathe in and out automatically. (and if I'm wrong and I die, I die). Try deciding that while you're tripping ;).

**did kind of help... but it still never felt like I was breathing deeply and normally 'till after the trip subsided. As you probably experienced, not enjoyable.

8. Desos

Desos Senior Member

haha yea i've experienced paranoia accompanied with breathing before during various altered states. nothing to that extent though. the thing is even though it might feel like if you stop consciously trying to breathe you will stop breathing alltogether, you USUALLY won't. you'll keep breathing like normal, once you stop focusing on your breathing.

although if you really think you are going to stop breathing then void what i just said.

but for me in the past it worked out fine even though it felt like i would stop breathing -- i kept breathing anyway. once i learned that i could trust my subconscious make me breathe no matter how altered my perception is then it made things much nicer.

9. oceanicbliss

oceanicbliss Member

Strange experience . I have dropped four or five trips at a time loads, and never had anything but the most beautiful, ecstatic, mind blowing, peaceful experiences . I have seen the craziest shit, aliens, kaliedoscopic fields of the most beautiful gems, floating outside my body, the works, and I have loved it all . I have never had trouble breathing and after coming down slept like a baby .

Next time just piss your pants and let it be . Sounds like you might hold a little fear inside, let it go, and go with it, you will be fine, and your trip will be a million times better . I actually find bands like Pink Floyd a little dark and claustrophobic, no one in the band during the darkside era actually took much drugs especially LSD . Syd Barrett did, but he was long gone from the band by then, and didn't really handle his LSD very well anyway . In my experience bands that have a cliche druggy sound are usually not that good to listen to while on drugs . So maybe the music helped put you on the bad trip . I have always found Neil Young an amazing guy to listen to tripping, any acoustic, natural, affirmative music made from an expanded consciousness rocks . Bob Dylan, Richie Havens, Grateful Dead etc .

10. baldykips

baldykips Member

I tend to get more conscious of my breathing on psilocybin trips, particularly when lying down. It feels like my heart rate slows right down and breathing in and out takes a lifetime. The first couple of times it had me worried but you just gotta focus on other things I guess.

11. NYdeadhead1993

NYdeadhead1993 Member

It's all in your head. If you didn't think about breathing you wouldn't have stopped.

12. jaredfelix

jaredfelix Namaste ॐ

guess what else your brain controls.... executive functions... how far can lsd really take you?

13. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Sounds like a heavy trip. I love Pink Floyd most of the time while tripping but I have had a similar experience with them on the song "Breathe" coincidentally. They're so good at leaving a lot of space for atmosphere to develop in their music but I recall listening to that song once on a trip and it felt like almost too much space.

14. NYdeadhead1993

NYdeadhead1993 Member

Could it stop your heart or blood flow or anything the brain controls?

15. jaredfelix

jaredfelix Namaste ॐ

i mean highly unlikely, but some people arent meant to take it... its a tool not a drug. i could see someone fucking themselves up BIG time. some people just dont think right.

16. NYdeadhead1993

NYdeadhead1993 Member

If you have some type of mental illness or defect present, even like being bipolar or having anxiety, it could lead you to insanity. It's all what's in your head. Go somewhere where nothing matters, like a good vibes festival.

17. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Interesting.

I've had that happen on lower doses of L.

I've always forgetten it after a while, or else made the choice to let go, knowing that my brain stem wouldn't let me die, and that if I did stop breathing I could always choose to start again.

I think it has to do with subconciously controlling one's breathing to stop, and having to consciously override it. Because with no higher interfearance I think breathing is a much lower function.

18. hawaiiankine

hawaiiankine Senior Member

good trip report. Optimal dosage for sure. Keep drinking water. Most times I forget to drink water while tripping. It just is a major event drinking a glass of water sometimes when tipping.

19. upperlevel

upperlevel Member

I did manage to drink 3 bottles of water during the experience. During the peak this was hard, because I didn't know how long to draw water in before I would accidentally take a breath and drown.

My strategy next time will be to have a friend to possibly distract me and I will never let myself hear "in"..."out" I'm my bran again, if I do I'll choose nt t consciously take breaths as I would like an ego death experience.

I will say this: I have on numerous occasions taken upwards of 5-7 tabs before, but I have never experienced tabs that are actually this strong, I doubt that there are many true 150ug tabs out there.

I have learned from this experience and from your responses. Keep em coming. :2thumbsup::2thumbsup:

20. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

about the breathing thing - i really don't think you were in any danger. i think you agree?

i've had a similar problem on the tail end of trips, i think it was on 2ce. it's hard to fall asleep when you think you might forget to breathe as soon as you fall asleep. never had it consume a whole peak like that though.

and pink floyd...is weird. also on 2ce, i had a "bad trip" moment when listening to some, way too loud. i started to think i would never come down, and i couldn't speak or think. then i realized i needed to turn the music down and move to the other room.

now i recall the only time i ate 4 doses at once. (they were probably more like 75 ug or so) it was one of my stronger trips, and the closest i think i've touched on "ego death"
    i experienced my consciousness expanding outside my body and filling up the whole area around me outside. it was awesome.
    before i went for the walk that resulted in the above...i was in my room, starting to freak out a little bit, and breathing heavily. i went for a walk (changed my setting) and things changed for the better.

not that any of this is advice for a 600 ug trip, but i'm just throwing out my thoughts

i'd guess that the most i've ever dosed at once is ~300 or 350 ug