Light-weight beer drinker -> Liquor?

Discussion in 'Potent Potables' started by PhyreTrukk, Mar 15, 2012.

1. PhyreTrukk

PhyreTrukk Member

So typically I'll drink 10-12 beer, and I'll have a pretty good buzz going. Not a pass out, black out buzz or anything like that.. But that's usually where I'll stop, I guess it's because it takes too long to get all that down..

That's why I post this topic.. Usually I get to my buddies much too late to start drinking beer, I have to rush it, so I can get a buzz going before everyone passes out.. Lesson learned, for me: Beer = when you have time to drink all day and enjoy your drink...

I'm not really a fan of liquor, because of the burning, and I realize that probably no matter what I drink, IT WILL BURN... But in your drinking experiences... Regardless of the price, what goes down easily?

2. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

just drink run and cokes

3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

4. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

[​IMG]

....with a bit of Dr Pepper. Smooooth but with a kick.

Or like undies said...::bong that shit

5. thorsvin

thorsvin Member

Wine......... never did me wrong. (Except some kosher wines. Too many drunken passovers)

6. PhyreTrukk

PhyreTrukk Member

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, no pop as a mix/chase. I dislike pop, greatly. Thanks though !

7. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

Fucking beer bong it or if you dont have one of those, shotgun it!!!!
    But if you must switch to liquor, grey goose is good as well as pinnacle vodkda. Taste like fruit punch

8. kokujin

kokujin Senior Member

alcohol is terrible, hah.
    but if you must, ORANGE JUICE, the real kind, sour pulpy as shit, 'cuz it has its own palatable strength, mixed with clear liquor (vodka, bicardi, etc.) works pretty well.

9. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

So here's my perspective...
    I don't care for liquor either, nor wine (mostly) but I looovvee me some beer. I don't come from a place of wanting to get drunk but a nice beer buzz makes for a pleasant evening.
    I don't know your body weight or whatnot, but, if you're drinking crap budmillercoors, there's very little alcohol and alot of calories. Drinking a 12pk just to get buzzed seems silly.
    Try exploring some quality craft beer if you can find it in your area. 3.2% crap is what mega-corps like Bud/Inbev and the like push at you all day, every day with massive marketing.
    I refuse to drink them because I greatly dislike their practices and know a little about what real beer should be. When you find some quality stuff in the 6-10% range, you'll discover real flavor, support small craft brewers, and not have to drink 12 to feel something.
    A few suggestions....

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

10. aesthetic

aesthetic Z

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Hennessey is around 35$
    Patron is around 50$

11. Mind_Explorer

Mind_Explorer Member

Most girly drinks are mixed with anything to cover up the taste of alcohol. If it's taking 10-12 beers to get a buzz why not try a high alc % beer like Molson XXX something with a 7%+ alc/vol.

You could always mix liquor with something you enjoy be creative.

12. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

your beer is 3.2%? haha that sucks. 5% is standard here.

13. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

OP start drinking smironoff beer

14. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

Well, 3.2 is sort of an expression in some parts. I think standard bud in the states is more like 4 or 4.5 Still, just trying to make the point that there are awesome alternatives, and in standard brewing you can get upwards of 12% without being a shitty malt liquor.
    Sometimes good craft beers get expensive, but there are plenty of reasonably priced, 6-9% beers if you live in a city of any size. I suppose small towns it's harder to find.
    You canadians have some good beer. Most of the rest of the world laughs at budmillercoors. With good reason.

15. PhyreTrukk

PhyreTrukk Member

Shit, I forgot I had made this thread. Getting my drink on tonight, sort of a going away party, going up to Alberta for work... Glad I came back to this thread! Thanks for everyones replies.. I think I'm going to go with Voyage's idea, explore different beers.
    Thank you :D

16. jaredfelix

jaredfelix Namaste ॐ

17. yellowcab

yellowcab Fresh baked

If I really have to get my buzz on pass the raspberry Absolute on ice, but normally I am a Labatts Blue guy, nice Canadian beer:)

18. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

In some cities, 3.2 beer is what's sold in grocery stores, convenient stores, etc. and the only alcohol allowed to be sold on Sundays. So "budmillercoors" makes a 3.2% version to comply with the laws. I saw this when I lived in Denver. At liquor stores and 21 and older venues, the standard 5% is sold.

Nobody wants the 3.2 beer, but has to settle for it mainly on Sundays or when they can't get to a liquor store. In areas with theese types of laws, I've seen the term "three two" used to describe anything that's subpar.

19. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

Thanks for that explaination, I knew some of that but not all of it.

That's kinda of how I was using the term, 3.2% = subpar. There's alot of hi content subpar too, but you dig what I was saying.