Isn't English the most Beautiful Language ?

Discussion in 'Other Languages' started by loveincarnate, Mar 11, 2012.

1. loveincarnate

loveincarnate Member

This is not an insult to anyone its just my expression of my love for a language I know so little of [and cant spell].

English is just sooo beautiful :daisy:it its art, numerology, music, poetry, and all its manifestations ! Such aN amazing language.

Hindu/Hebrew roots, Latin vocabulary and botanical names, Arabic astronomical names, Greek spiritual words, Germanic influence, just exough French to make it sexxxy ...

"Shakespeare is in the alley with some French Girls who say they know me well". -[Chillin Dylan claims he is Shakespeare here]

Well, what do all you hippies, yippies, zombies, and freaks think about English, is it the bomb or not ?

BirdFlu and Crystal_Nocked like this.
  2. ILANMEANTREE

ILANMEANTREE Guest

seriously, for music , english rule all the way, but i prefer french book and french traduction of cartoon such: family guy,american dad, futurama, simpson...french litterature is awesome !! and what's about quote and spiritual vocabulary !!!(sorry for english, im french hehe)

3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

It is pretty neat but I do not think it is the most beautiful. Other languages I don't even know sound just as pretty, perhaps because they also seem mysterious since I don't understand shit though. My own language, dutch, is just as handy among fellow dutch people and has an equally interesting mix of other influences just like english. So I do not favour any particular language. I'd love to learn chinese, russian, spanish or arabic as well but since I know english and you can go a pretty long way with it I probably won't... :p

4. loveincarnate

loveincarnate Member

English from the root "Anglo", meaaning "Angel".
    Divine origin.

Also if you havent played with its numerology and mixing letters and numbers, well ... must "C" 2 believe.

Very special language. :2thumbsup: I am certain it is the most beautiful of them all.

[​IMG]

Will-i-Am ... Quest-i-on [quest I am on] ... Be You T Full ...
    in English a person must know it as the first language to even skim the surface of understanding.

5. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

English is a rip off of a whole bunch of other, much older languages... mostly Germanic. Something to do with the constant invasion of the island throughout the centuries when the language was forming.

I've heard that if it's not your native language it's one of the hardest to learn. (not sure if that's entirely correct or not, but it can be a confusing language even if it is your native language)

Seeing as it's the only language I know, (I failed Spanish 3 years in a row because I didn't give a shyt about school) I can't make any other comparisons other than the way other languages sound. Sound without meaning makes it hard to judge "beauty"... I could hear someone say something in a different language that to the ear sounded beautiful and what they were describing what they had just pumped out of their septic tank...

6. Asmodean

I always thought it is one of the easiest, but I'm sure it mostly depends on what your native language is. How further east you go the less similarities in roots you get.

7. wa bluska wica

wa bluska wica Pedestrian

Muttspeak.

8. zombiewolf

zombiewolf Senior Member

Yep 'merican speakin's real gaul-dang purdy

9. loveincarnate

loveincarnate Member

No, English is one of the hardest languages, the gramatic rules all have multiple exceptions, the vowels and combinations have as many as 28 sounds [others have 5Vs with 5 sounds], adjectives come before subject
    nouns, well the list is loooooooong, but its a very hard language to learn
    and being raised with it is just a blessing, it is the ruling language on earth.

And its just beautiful.
    Look at the way words are constructed ! :daisy:
    Like music.

10. psychedelicpiper

psychedelicpiper Member

For a second I thought this was going be a native English speaker trying to troll foreigners.

English is what it is. I think it's a superb language, but I don't think one should claim superiority over another, because really we're all one. :peace: And Jesus spoke Aramaic. Many languages have come and gone. Modern English is fairly new.

Glad you're digging it, though! You write really well in English. :) I know it's exciting to learn a language which a majority of the modern world currently uses, but don't overthink it.

11. wiccan_witch

wiccan_witch Senior Member

LOL! And what language isn't?!

Sorry that just really made me laugh. :hurray:

No language sounds the same as it did 200 years ago. Especially in this global world, it's not a 'rip off', people and cultures have been influencing each others languages for centuries. And the original language of the British Isles is more closer related to modern Welsh than to English. ;)

I think English is a beautiful language too. My second favourite is Mandarin Chinese - mainly for the musical quality of the tones, but I also love it as a written language.

12. loveincarnate

loveincarnate Member

0h High ... agreable Wicca Witch
    [​IMG]
    ... English is a BE-YOU-tfull language, so playful, rhythmic, poetic.

English is fun !
    Mandarin Chinese is amusing because of the symbols instead of letters
    which are basically [to my knowledge] numerical. English may be the most advanced spoken language on earth because it has assimilated/incorporated other languages. [Advanced defined as the sense of evolutionary chonology].

Things are ripped off when stolen, yet in some instances it was invaders who brought their language contributions to Britain. Quite the reverse scenario. It could be said this thread promotes or prefers English but actually what I said was I found it beautiful.
    Saying I found Beauty cant be so bad, or worse that its fun to play with.
    I found in English a new magik. It is mutspeak to many, I know people who speak Hebrew who call it an "impure language" ... I wonder how they think Hebrew developed.

13. zombiewolf

zombiewolf Senior Member

Oh? Is English not your first language?
    Yes English can be magic, illusion and sleight...seduction too. :daisy:

14. dark suger

dark suger Dripping With Sin!

No no it's not Russian is mmmm when a man speaks Russian to me with his accent ooooooooo ma pants overflow

15. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

You take a dump?

16. zombiewolf

zombiewolf Senior Member

For me it's women speaking Spanish...:daisy:

17. Asmodean

Germany is quite divine, I agree :2thumbsup:

The Angles is a modern English term for a Germanic people who took their name from the ancestral cultural region of Angeln, a district located in Schleswig-Holstein, Germany. The Angles were one of the main groups that settled in Britain in the post-Roman period, founding several of the kingdoms of Anglo-Saxon England, and their name is the root of the name "England".

18. loveincarnate

loveincarnate Member

That is just such an excellent post, 10 on a 10 scale !

Yiddish and German languages are so similar each [Im told] can understand the other without study. The British Israelites say Germany is the Tribe of Judah [Jeru-salem/salam] Jer/Ger prefix being a mark of Jews. [Ger-man meaning Gewman, preefix Jer/Ger]
    The place Judah went to from Palestine/Israel around Roman Invasion.

Breeding alliances between German and British Royals also go back some way.
    Ive read that even the Nazi protocol document [forget name] called for a secret alliance between England and Germany.

I havent even read all the links on your post yet, but this is precious information. :sunny:

19. wa bluska wica

wa bluska wica Pedestrian

20. BTS

BTS Member

wot iz no speek gud egrinsh