Voting

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by River 1509, Mar 5, 2012.

1. River 1509

River 1509 Member

If you see that voting hasn't make any sense you can stay at home and do nothing. In Ukraine, in my country, it hasn't any sense to go vote. Sad...

2. themnax

themnax Senior Member

where there is a write in option, or third parties, it makes excellent sense to use them, at the very least as a vote of no confidence. if you live where your ballot doesn't allow these options, that is the only way boycotting the vote would make sense.

3. psychedelicpiper

psychedelicpiper Member

Gonna vote Ron Paul, even if I have to write him in. I know he won't win, but I'd personally feel like a hypocrite staying home and doing nothing about it given the opportunity I have this year to vote for him.

Voting third party's a good option, too, but in America the wisest option would be Ron Paul as opposed to Gary Johnson.

4. outthere2

outthere2 Senior Member

In the US, we get two corporate puppets to choose from. They call it democracy; I call it corruption.

5. Still Kicking

Still Kicking Members

When I voted, if there was no good choice, I wrote in things like the yellow bush in the NE corner of my yard, the pile of dog shit by the driveway, the neighbors pregnant cat, the one horned goat at the end of the road, that sort of thing. Don't know how pissed off the people who tally them got at me.

6. slappysquirrel

slappysquirrel Senior Member

7. EL Tuna

EL Tuna Member

I vote, But pointless when its a fixed election. The best thing to do is sit t home and exploit every hand out you can.
    Alot of people went to vote for "revenge". Well im gonna sit and collect every dime and then some, Its called payback and its always a bitch.

8. Eye Contact

Eye Contact Member

"Don't get fooled, again!"

9. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

My first time voting was Obama versus McCain.... and my candidate won! 4 years later, he won again! I'm on a winning streak....

10. EL Tuna

EL Tuna Member

You voted for a commie POS twice? And proud of it? You must not have ANY common sense. I hope only the worst for you and yours, But im sure your handouts are flowing fine.

11. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I receive no financial assistance whatsoever, I support myself. The only thing that would count are my college scholarships, grants, and loans, and personally I think education should be a modern day human right.

12. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

lol

Keep believing that.

1 person likes this.
  13. themnax

themnax Senior Member

when you don't vote, those who do win. all the money in the world can still loose, if everyone actually votes. when the votes aren't honestly and accurately counted, then perhaps there is room for other measures. by which i don't mean violence. i'll take no side on that one. but whatever happens on election day, the vote you cast every day by what you buy because of how you live, is always counted. nothing speaks louder, even to a corporate ceo, then the hollow sound of an empty cash register not ringing up sales.

14. Amerijuanican

Amerijuanican Banned

We should have nominated Joe Biden. At least he's fun...

This guy cracks me up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2w2JpBTHVc