DubStep?

Discussion in 'Electronic and Experimental Music' started by IndigoDreamer, Jan 17, 2012.

1. ClassicRockGirl

ClassicRockGirl Member

Go to the first page of Electronic/Experimental.
    Then click "Filthy Dubstep <3".
    x)

2. Yert

Yert Member

Haaa k ty. =)

3. ClassicRockGirl

ClassicRockGirl Member

4. czarpoesia

czarpoesia Member

I like some dubstep/skrillex. I could relate it to the psychadelia of this generation... like futuristic mind fucking. ahaha.

5. gEo_tehaD_returns

gEo_tehaD_returns Senior Member

Weeeehhhhh weeeehhhh weeeehhhhhhh weehh weehh weh weh weh

- This is dubstep.

Why anyone can stomach a musical genre whose defining feature is this specific droning sound... in every single song... is beyond me.

6. stoner oxy80

stoner oxy80 *"Senior~Stoned~Member"*

whats dubstep??

7. ClassicRockGirl

ClassicRockGirl Member

Not Skrillex. o_O :p
    But I agree with your other comment. =)

8. ClassicRockGirl

ClassicRockGirl Member

Dubstep isn't "wehhh" "wehh" is whiney.
    It's riding the vibrations of the music, the little switch ups.

9. IndigoDreamer

IndigoDreamer Member

Okay, dude. How many people does it take to show you that I NEVER claimed dubstep is made with a wah pedal? And even if you mistook it that way- I have explained multiple times that I did not say such rubbish. If you're stupid enough to misinterpret what I say, and then try to point me out as an idiot instead, then so be it. No one else had trouble understanding my comparison to Classic rock. All music is inspired by its predecessors, and obviously rock came before ANY type of electronic music. And just as Classicrockgirl pointed out, just because the "wah-ble-y" noises sound similar to each other in each genre, does not mean that they can't POSSIBLY be created with different techniques.. And by the way- wah pedals aren't made to sound like a human voice. They have talk-boxes for that... But I don't have to go copy and paste some article from google to prove that shit to you.

10. ClassicRockGirl

ClassicRockGirl Member

11. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

What?

It's Called a WOBBLE, did you not see me post the definition for you? Justify whatever you want I don't care but Don't go on telling me I don't know what I'm talking about when you clearly don't or your just trolling at this point. Just because Polka came before rock doesn't mean they have much in common.

12. O.W.L

O.W.L Member

Dont like dubstep. I have a trip hop station on pandora which I dig and it keeps playing dubstep assuming I like it....I can tell the moment it comes on because its just sounds so choppy....ugh

13. ClassicRockGirl

ClassicRockGirl Member

Yes, SHE DID ACTUALLY see the definition. (That you probably got off of Google.) But you don't even listen to the music, so you really have no room to speak. She isn't saying that ALL music that comes before new music is related. She is simply fucking stating that she hears similarities in the sounds, and that dubstep might have evolved from the wah peddle because of the FUCKING WOBBLE sound. Don't know how to get this through your head. And yeah, she didn't actually claim to know everything and isn't being a self-righteous twat like you are. -_-

14. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I don't know how to get this through to you, I've been hearing the shit at raves since probably before either of you had your first period.

15. ClassicRockGirl

ClassicRockGirl Member

Oooohhhh, that makes you SO much more knowledgable.
    You get a pat on the back for that. :p
    Well obviously you don't understand it, so why demean someone for thinking abstractly about music?

16. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I felt this should be bumped.

17. IndigoDreamer

IndigoDreamer Member

18. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Know any classic rock tracks with a wah wah hooked up to a bass synthesizer?

19. IndigoDreamer

IndigoDreamer Member

Okay, I'm so done arguing with you. You're changing subjects and avoiding main point. x) But in a way- I guess you can create dubstep with a wah-pedal. So Ha, guess your argument doesn't stand anymore.. Now please stop incessantly trying to prove me wrong by finding the smallest, nonsensical points to stand by.

20. herbistlove420

herbistlove420 Member

my opinion is that i can see how some one would hate it but i myself love it. i dont think there is ever a middle with this music. ever sense i have tryed the drug Ecstasy and listened to it wile i have been high in general it has become a passion <3 i totally agree that its healing and i from an experience that i have had i see it as something generated from rock as well. :2thumbsup: