DubStep?

Discussion in 'Electronic and Experimental Music' started by IndigoDreamer, Jan 17, 2012.

1. IndigoDreamer

IndigoDreamer Member

So we all have our opinions about dubstep.. I fucking hate most of the shit that comes out now-a-days. I mean, leave it to Amurikah to fuck up another innovative type of music, and leave to the UK to create it. Just like how they created rock 'n roll!
    Anyway, in my opinion, dub is like a branch off of classic rock. Or any type of music that uses a Wah peddle, really.

How do you hip-folk feel about it?

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I don't think I've ever heard of this dubstep.

3. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I don't like much of dubstep regardless of where it's from.

Dub is usually associated with reggae and dubstep has it's roots in breakbeats. I'm pretty certain that wobble effect in dubstep is not created with a wah pedal.

4. iamtigerpaw

iamtigerpaw Member

idk i like it.. its good music for raves and the like

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Ergh.
    I don't like dubstep.

6. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

Did you seriously just associate classic rock with dubstep? :rofl:

I'm sure led zeppelin would just love to hear that synthetic vomit of an excuse for music. it's related to electronic music, dance music, trance, etc. and it's a far cry from any of those genres. i personally can't stand it and don't understand it. i feel like the next step from dubstep is just loud recorded feedback.

7. IndigoDreamer

IndigoDreamer Member

Yes, as a matter of fact. Dubstep.. Uhem, I mean REAL dubstep has a lot more of healing energy than any other music I've heard. All electronic music was inspired by rock... because there was nothing else before it was created. Most electronic is very shitty though, I do say.

8. IndigoDreamer

IndigoDreamer Member

Yeah... No shit. I said it was inspired by the wah.

9. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Don't see the word inspired there.

10. aesthetic

aesthetic Z

I fucking hate dubstep with a passion. All of the songs sound exactly the same and southpark even made an episode about it and how all the songs sound like shit.

11. PsychonautMIA

PsychonautMIA Chimps gonna chimp

Dubstep ,to which many think, derives from the reggae dub genre is actually a spinoff from DnB. The tempo is slowed down and the dubstep (wobbles) were something that kind of got popularized as the genre grew. The "dirty" term was a meme on the internet, idk why everyone uses it. In my opinion dubstep at a young age was incredible music, as of right now its become house music with annoying transformer sound FX. Perfect example? Skrillex, that motherfucker rode the bandwagon to the top. Dubstep is good, mainstream dubstep... is average

12. PsychonautMIA

PsychonautMIA Chimps gonna chimp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHrNX5E_iWg"]dupstep - YouTube

That is how dubstep is created. Through the use of VST's on software music production programs.

13. IndigoDreamer

IndigoDreamer Member

Note: "BRANCH OFF OF" Jeeze, I don't know why I need to argue this point just because you misinterpreted me. It's not what I meant.

14. IndigoDreamer

IndigoDreamer Member

I've looked into creating dubstep.. I'm generally familiar with audio-looping and all that jazz, but it's something I'm strongly interested in

15. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

You don't need to argue it because you got nothing to argue :rofl: you clearly know very little about dubstep's influences. Besides possibly a few classic rock songs being sampled, Dubstep and classic rock have practically nothing in common as far as how the music is composed and structured

16. Delta 9 The Psychonaut

Delta 9 The Psychonaut Member

I like it! My buddy is a music producer and has worked on all sorts of stuff. He says GOOD dubstep is surprisingly hard to produce.

17. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I don't like it but I don't see no reason to hate it either. It's easy to avoid. I looked into it because I thought it was related to dub (namewise only I guess) which I got really into. In fact dubstep is closest related to jungle and drum 'n bass (both influenced by the dub genre so I can see how dubstep is connected musicwise to reggae dub) which I both dig when I'm in the mood. You can clearly hear how it's an offspin of those music genres instead of trance. That all this stuff is electronic does of course not make it necessarily related.

18. IndigoDreamer

IndigoDreamer Member

Well, aren't you just so intelligent. You're confusing my opinion for fact... If you don't agree, I don't give a shit! Just get off this thread, and stop trying to build your own confidence by going around and attempting to prove others wrong. This is just an abstract connection I made with two music genres. Did I post this claiming to know everything about the origins of dubstep? NO, I DID NOT. It's people like you that make the hipforums a shitty place to post. Go fuck with someone who's actually being ignorant.

19. IndigoDreamer

IndigoDreamer Member

Yeah? I'd really like to know more about which software would be best for creating the "good" kind c:

20. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

You are actually being ignorant!!!

Not a single other poster made a connection with your abstract comparison, quit getting so whiny at me because I am providing you with some real info. Noting that dubstep is not created using a wah pedal is a provable fact moron.