is blues dead?

Discussion in 'Rythym and Blues' started by 12barblues, Jan 10, 2012.

1. zombiewolf

zombiewolf Senior Member

Just play the blues if you got 'em...there's folks out there needs it.

Man I remember seein' Roy Buchanan back in 1973...a real bluesman yeah RIP

Tell you another real bluesman I seen live...Johnny Winter

Wish I coulda seen some of the early masters Muddy, Howlin' Wolf and the like..

Muddy Waters said "The blues had a baby, and they named it rock and roll"

I always say " rock will be dead when you can no longer hear within it, the blues..."

keep the faith brutha

2. ManyInterests

ManyInterests Member

I seriously doubt that. Blues can be found all over in bars and clubs. What blues has going for it is authenticity, which never gets old. Blues will be around for a good long time.

3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I doubt that as well. The blues is still going strong. It's amazing to see how many people still dig the original blues AND playing it. I guess it's all in looking in the right places. Looking on a forum might not be the best place to get a good impression. The blues is freaking everywhere!

4. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Agreed. Many blues fans would rather listen to it than talk about it; including me.

The blues channel on Sirius/XM has become one of my favorites. Before satellite radio and internet radio came on the scene, I never had access to any 24/7 blues stations.

These (relatively) new technologies are wonderful for niche audiences. :) And they will convert some percentage of the curious into true fans.

5. alice_d_millionaire

alice_d_millionaire Just Do It©

it's still live and kickin', according to the mississippi fred mcdowell and t-bone walker i've been listening to since like 7 o'clock :p

6. gdf13pointfupayme

gdf13pointfupayme Member

blues will NEVER die

7. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I'm back from the Eric Clapton Crossroads Guitar Festival in Madison Sq Garden. Saw a lot of talent.

Quinn Sullivan is now 14 and he's a lot better than he was two years ago. It's hard to tell him and his mentor, Buddy Guy, apart. (Well, if you keep your eyes closed.)

I was amazed by John Mayer's talent. I really underestimated him. His performance of Queen of California was awesome.

It was fun to see Taj Mahal and the Los Lobos guys, Rojas and Hidalgo, play on Statesboro Blues with the Allman Brothers.

Seems like everybody thinks that Gary Clark, Jr, is going to be the next Great One.

Mountain Valley Wolf likes this.
  8. czarpoesia

czarpoesia Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZScoG54pUhk"]one video won't hurt. - YouTube working on my bluesy voice, but someday.. I wanna help save it.:)

9. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

10. czarpoesia

czarpoesia Member

Thanks! I do chainsmoke actually xD I appreciate it though<3

11. Mountain Valley Wolf

Mountain Valley Wolf Senior Member

The blues aint dead----I just don't know what is happening on this Forum. Maybe it shouldn't be under Rythm & Blues, but just the Blues.

There is so much going on right now----Samantha Fish, Joe Bonamassa, the Tony Vega Band and so many others putting out some good blues music right now!

I have an instagram page where I list my favorite blues songs and talk about the musician and what not----the_blues_list. There are numerous radio stations around that you can listen to online or on RadioGarden----like Houston Blues Radio, and Buddy Guy Radio.

Its still happenin'

6Sailor9 likes this.