Ken Kesey like road trip!

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by stephwinny, Dec 30, 2011.

1. stephwinny

stephwinny Member

I'm exactly the same way. I tend to lean towards more Bob Dylan, Janis Joplin, and Komi Hendrix types. Music that has meaning and a deeper connection to its listeners.

2. PurpByThePound

PurpByThePound purpetrator

So like...you listen to Odd Future right?

3. psychedelicpiper

psychedelicpiper Member

I actually haven't heard of them until now. Rap's the one genre I'm not a fan of, honestly. Although I do recognize there's alternative hip-hop that has really meaningful messages behind it, even if it's not my style really. I know a guy who's really into Saul Williams.

4. ChinaCatSunflower67

ChinaCatSunflower67 Member

Im down!:2thumbsup: Think you can pick me up at the Montana/Saskatchewan border? Do you already have a bus?

5. stephwinny

stephwinny Member

No bus yet, but we do have one picked out. We still need to save more money.

6. Celtic Hippie

Celtic Hippie Member

I would love this! Count me in.
    Wolfswrd at gmail.

I got some Dead bootlegs (tapes) if the bus got a tape player :D

7. SpaceyFly

SpaceyFly Guest

Got some CDs I could bring along, lots of Janis Joplin, Jefferson Airplane, the Beatles and Hair.
    As for decorating the bus, would art be of any use? I have some of my stuff posted here, and I'd have more done by 2013. We could make sculptures out of weird but cheap materials to decorate with, too. Made a few cool animals out of masking tape, and I'm sure we could make some awesome things out of cans and whatnot.

My boyfriend wants to join to. Not sure where we'll be living then, though. Either Boston or middle-Cali.

Email is arielahathaway@gmail.com btw

8. FURTHURmore420

FURTHURmore420 Member

hey everyone! glad to see all of you are interested :) just thought id post a link to the bus we're looking at http://www.busesonline.com/view-listing.cfm?listing_id=857 beautiful isnt she? lol get in touch with steph if ur interested or you can shoot me an email, both our addys are earlier in the thread, peace and love to all of you!

9. psychedelicpiper

psychedelicpiper Member

The bus is from 1990. It might only have a radio, in which case I'm sure we could get it modified at Best Buy or something to accept CD's and iPod's. You could just hook up a portable Walkman in that case to play cassettes. I remember having one a little while ago, but I'm not sure where it is now after I kept saying I don't need it anymore. That's pretty cool that you have legit bootlegs on cassette, though.

SWEET! I've never heard of Hair, though. I'll have to check them out. And your art is awesome! :D Very psychedelic. Would love to see what you do with the bus!

10. psychedelicpiper

psychedelicpiper Member

Here's somewhat of a rundown of the music I have so far, but I am expanding:

-The Beatles (the original mono versions)
    -early Pink Floyd (including bootlegs with Syd Barrett and rare live material from 1967)
    -Syd Barrett solo
    -Eric Clapton's bands (Cream, Blind Faith, Derek and the Dominos)
    -Jimi Hendrix from high quality vinyl rips (because I'm a bit of an audiophile)
    -The Doors
    -The 13th Floor Elevators (probably the first psychedelic band)
    -The Byrds
    -some Paul McCartney solo
    -Miles Davis (Kind of Blue, Bitches Brew)
    -some other jazz
    -The Beach Boys (Trust me, they became very artistic and innovative when Brian Wilson took control. The Beatles were influenced by them and vice versa.)
    -The Zombies (Odessey and Oracle)
    -Bob Dylan (original mono versions of all his 60's albums)
    -Nick Drake
    -some of Aphex Twin (experimental electronic pioneer, most of his stuff isn't creepy like his videos)
    -Daft Punk (house/electronic)
    -Radiohead
    -Animal Collective
    -Grizzly Bear
    -Fleet Foxes

That's off the top of my head. There's some I missed, and I'll definitely have way more by Summer 2013. There's A LOT of music I still want listen to, and I hope to have a new binder of CD's by then. There's some I still have on my computer that I haven't burned to CD yet. Like a collection of Led Zeppelin vinyl rips. But this is a pretty good rundown for anyone curious.

11. FURTHURmore420

FURTHURmore420 Member

ok people so lets get down to brass tax here, who would be willing to help pay for the bus? remember that the more who agree to help pay the less each person will have to spend, i also believe that we who help finance the trip will have the most to gain from it :) again my email is uumm890@gmail.com Peace and Love to all of you!

12. trywalkingbarefoot

trywalkingbarefoot Member

hiiii! :) my boyfriend and i have been planning on doing this after we graduate high school (in 2013). we've already saved up some money, $600. i know it's not a lot, but once we both get jobs, and others pitch in, i'm sure we can afford the trip! and the psychedelic paint we'll be needing for the bus hahaha:) would it be alright if we tagged along?

13. trywalkingbarefoot

trywalkingbarefoot Member

we live in toledo, ohio. is that too far away though? :/ gosh, this would be absolutely amazing!

14. FURTHURmore420

FURTHURmore420 Member

hey barefoot, feel free to shoot me an email and we'll talk :)

15. kaitlinmichelle

kaitlinmichelle Member

Hey everyone, this is an amazing idea. And you guys are actually planning it out, it's great that you're putting it into action.
    (Thanks psychedelicpiper for directing me to this thread!)
    I'm Kaitlin and I consider myself someone who has a hippie mindset. I'm very open minded. I'm a vegetarian, pacifist & music lover. I live in the suburbs of Chicago.
    This sounds like something I would be interested in.. in the future..
    How much money would I need to bring? That's what I really want to know! (To be honest, I don't have a lot of money. I've been looking for a job for ages and it's been unsuccessful..)
    Just imagining painting that bus makes me smile, it's so awesome.

16. mizzymorrison

mizzymorrison Sage

I have wanted to do this for a long time. I just joined this forum and I'm glad to see so many great people. But yeah, if I had an idea of how much money is needed, than I can start getting funds together.

17. peace music life

peace music life Member

If there's free LSD being passed out, I'm in. :sifone:

18. ChinaCatSunflower67

ChinaCatSunflower67 Member

Il be sure to bring you a couple hits if you join us.:2thumbsup:

19. procolharum

procolharum Member

Come by Detroit way and I'm in. Just across the border from where I'll be living.

20. stephwinny

stephwinny Member

So proud of how this thread has grown. Everybody who is interested in this trip needs to shoot me an email:) Stephanie.brady72@ yahoo.com. Thanks:)