Ken Kesey like road trip!

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by stephwinny, Dec 30, 2011.

1. iamtigerpaw

iamtigerpaw Member

how about we all pack tents!

2. FURTHURmore420

FURTHURmore420 Member

:iagree: "A cloth house is all ya need if you got love." -Country Joe McDonald

3. psychedelicpiper

psychedelicpiper Member

This is an awesome idea! I remember a thread where me and a couple other teens were interested in doing the same thing this summer, but I'm not sure they actually have the means.

Does it have to be 2013, though? That's a long time ... I was hoping this summer, 2012.

I'm in the Chicago suburbs. Feel free to PM me about any more info and plans, as I definitely have nothing going on right now and am ready whenever you are!

I have a friend who's got his own place if you ever stop by here. Of course, I'd have to explain everything to him first, and there's only so much space since it's a townhouse. But it's possible he'd be open about it, especially if we mix and match some psychedelic goodies. ;)

4. FURTHURmore420

FURTHURmore420 Member

2012 is just too soon if you ask me, to gather funds for a bus, gas, food, medication ;) but shoot me an email man cuz im just outside of chicago and i cant pm yet

5. stephwinny

stephwinny Member

Along the trip we will need to be able to clean up and rest in a comfortable environment. That is why I asked for people willing to open their homes to us. And it's going to take so long because of the money that needs to be saved, like FURTHERmore420 said and I won't be eighteen until December of this year.

6. stephwinny

stephwinny Member

7. FURTHURmore420

FURTHURmore420 Member

i dont think thats how the pranksters did it sister ;)

8. stephwinny

stephwinny Member

They stopped at friends houses every once in a while and slept there.

9. PurpByThePound

PurpByThePound purpetrator

state parks are gonna be my friend.
    i need to get a job FAST so that I can determine when i'm headed out.

summer 2012 is my goal

i definitely know people in Colorado that are cool for this type of thing and many have their places open or have land to camp on. there is a very cool network of people that-a-ways that have connected with each other from these things

10. FURTHURmore420

FURTHURmore420 Member

Check ur mail i think i found a pretty inexpensive bus, tell me what you think

11. stephwinny

stephwinny Member

It's perfect! We could paint the outside and decorate the inside. This is making me soo excited! Summer 2013 will be one to remember.

12. FURTHURmore420

FURTHURmore420 Member

hell yeah! and we can completely redo the inside because the seats on these old buses are only bolted to the floor

13. stephwinny

stephwinny Member

Possibly creating a little hiding spot if we happen to be pulled over. Haha

14. FURTHURmore420

FURTHURmore420 Member

hopefully we'll need a big hiding spot lol

15. stephwinny

stephwinny Member

Haha, I second that!

16. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

picke me up -____-

17. stephwinny

stephwinny Member

18. psychedelicpiper

psychedelicpiper Member

Wow, this sounds boss! I'd totally be in for the bus painting! What if every person that gets picked up adds their own painting contribution to the bus? haha

I don't have an iPod, but I've got a binder stack full of CD's and am REALLY passionate about music. I could totally bring that with to keep the tunes going. In fact, I need a bigger one. haha It's almost full.

This all sounds too good to be true, to be honest. I really hope it becomes a reality...

19. stephwinny

stephwinny Member

We're doing everything we can to make it become a reality! I'd love for you to bring some music along if you join us. Email me.

20. psychedelicpiper

psychedelicpiper Member

Yep, check your inbox! Yeah, I dig a wide variety whether it's psychedelic or acoustic or types of electronic or jazz. Not the materialistic/shallow crap we hear on the radio these days, though. That I can promise. hah