Felted knitted fingerless mittens

Discussion in 'Knitty Gritty' started by jo_k_er_man, Nov 21, 2011.

1. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

I told my gf id love a pair of felted fingerless mittens for when winter trout fishing opens up... Unfortunately I cannot find a pattern... Anyone out there who can help me out?

2. deleted

deleted Visitor

my aunt tried to make me some.. but when doing the stitching to keep the fingers from unraveling, seem to make knots or a thickness between the fingers. My fingers felt < PUN> like they was cutting off circulation.

I tend to like the cheap 99cent knit gloves and just cut off the tips myself. They also make them cut and stitched. Seems I have the same problem. my fingers are not fat either.

3. Lodog

Lodog ¿

Buy some MMA gloves... That way you know no one will fuck with you when you buy Nightcrawlers at a store instead of hunting them out yourself.

4. deleted

deleted Visitor

And he could do a power punch to the water and the fish would just jump out. :D

5. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

1) I rarely fish with crawlers...
    2) Its december in minnesota.. there is no "digging up crawlers" this time of year...
    3) Plenty of crawlers outside in my yard when i do need them :p

Bait is much cheaper caught yourself.. and well more often then not.. im fishing with flies(not actual flies.. but fishing flies).. but catching your own crawdads in the mississippi and using them as bait is always fun on a hot summer day.. takes skill to grab them quick fuckers