New to crocheting.

Discussion in 'Fiber Arts' started by weeattoes, Nov 1, 2011.

1. weeattoes

weeattoes what will be, will be

Wel my roommate is teaching me to crochet shes right handed and im left handed. She has trouble teaching me because of that. Shes only taught me how to do chains, and single stitch
    She shows me how to do it and I just play with it and get it. Is there any advice anyone can give me? I really enjoy crocheting , it's time cnsuming and when I need something to do it helps.

ShesGoing to teach me to read patterns we have been looking for a left hand crochet book are there any websites I can go on? We have been having trouble finding a book.

2. Samee

Samee Member

just got on youtube and look for left handed crochetting tutorials :)

3. weeattoes

weeattoes what will be, will be

Thanks never thought about that.

4. Merry Mab

Merry Mab Member

Perhaps have her face a mirror, and watch the mirror image?

5. zakarrah

zakarrah Member

You tube has awesome tutorials....

6. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Now you make me want to get out my stuff and try to crochet left-handed! My grandmama crocheted left-handed.

7. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

This is a really old post but whatever.

I am a left handed crocheter as well. I honestly just had to practice a bit extra because we essentially do it backwards from everyone else. Lookup left handed crochet on youtube, for reference.

Once you have gotten the hang of it though, reading patterns is the same for left or right handed people. The patterns just say things like double crochet or single crochet for a row. That sort of stuff, so once you have practiced enough I don't think you need a left handed book.