what crotch?

Discussion in 'Meme' started by stonegaygroover, Oct 12, 2011.

1. stonegaygroover

stonegaygroover Member

2. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

So this is what music has come to? 'nuff to make a man turn religious and pray for falling objects.

3. willedwill

willedwill Member

Correction: this is the world to love.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFnJW9dYV_c"]|| Grab my crotch, wear my hat low like you || ~ ♥ - YouTube

4. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

5. jamgrassphan

jamgrassphan Get up offa that thing Lifetime Supporter

I'll take all of the crotch grabbing in the universe over fucking AUTOTUNE. I swear if I ever meet the sonuvabitch that invented it, I'm going to punch him right in his stupid fucking face.

6. scratcho

What is autotune? You mean knobless tuning so that you have to punch it over and over to get a station?

7. jamgrassphan

It's a pitch-correction device/software that allows anyone, regardless of talent, to sound like they are singing/hitting the correct notes. I would say that NOW 75% of popular music (maybe more) uses this technology in the recording studio and in live performances. It sounds horrible in my opinion and I have absolutely no respect for any "artist" that uses it. It is cheating, in my opinion. People who are "pitchy" (have problems achieving perfect pitch in their singing) do not deserve to sing on a professional level. - in my humble opinion.

Or were you being hilariously sarcastic? If so, LOL.

8. scratcho

No,I wasn't. I never heard of that before. You mean someone that sings out of tune can be made to sound like they're in tune?? Well,that's fucked up. I was talkin' about car radios and other devices that have no dial so that you can move the damn thing around manually. I wish I was being sarcastic--I'm just behind the times,I guess.

9. jamgrassphan

Yep. exactly. And be thankful you're behind the times. because these times suck ass.

10. scratcho

You're right about that---but when you're close to the alternative--ya' have to be thankfull anyway.

11. Fawkes

Fawkes Member

Autotune, huh? So, I can go cut an album, even though I can't sing? Cool. Now, that was sarcastic. I never listen to music on the radio, though. Weekends, my alarm is set to the radio, but I can't even remember the song that was on this morning when I woke up. 90% of the music on the radio is crap, and it disgusts me the way they try and make a song fit for the radio, but not let the artist get their art out. A large portion of my mp3s would never get played on the radio.

12. stonegaygroover

stonegaygroover Member

ever watch "the Phantom of the Paradise"? Classic scene where Paul Williams uses studio tricks to give a burn victim a golden voice. I DO like the vocoder, however... it just sounds groovy.
    Autotune is different though, it simply makes everyone sound like a pussy! :biker:

13. jessikarabbit

jessikarabbit Guest

Is that why they sound perfect on the radio but suck live? I've been to a few of those shows.

14. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

What the fuck is he wearing?

15. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

Selena Gomez

and yes,...im jealous

16. machinist

machinist Banned Lifetime Supporter

i bet selena gomez never even put out. they broke up now anyway.

17. Colimon

Colimon Cheesus Christo

I love when people bash the crap out of autotune. It's great pitch correcting software that is commonly used these days. Perhaps you were speaking of the talentless fucks who turn it up so high that their voice sounds like a robot? That got annoying for me after I heard Cher's DO YOU BELIEVE a couple times (think she's one of the first to do total fuckery with her voice with it, but I'm uncertain of this). Wasn't it first used for finding underwater oil deposits or some other sonar shit?