Do you think it's right to complain if you didn't vote?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Thekarthika, Oct 5, 2011.

?

Do you think it's right to complain if you didn't vote?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. deleted

deleted Visitor

all hail lizard people.. [​IMG]

2. lillallyloukins

lillallyloukins ⓑⓐⓡⓑⓐⓡⓘⓐⓝ

i voted yes... i don't vote in political elections... it's a form of protest in and of itself, so yes, i have the right to complain... i tend not to complain however, i just make wild and, unfortunately, true accusations :D

3. 2barefeet

2barefeet Member

If i didn't vote then i didn't grant them any authority over my life whatsoever. It therefore stands to reason that i have a right to complain when they pass laws that do affect me and the way i live.

What i don't agree with is protest where people are essentially asking the government to change policy and/or legislation - that is the same as voting in that you are stating that the government has the authority to do what you are asking of it.

4. primalflow

primalflow Member

I was beginning to think I as the only one.

5. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

The fact that their are those who have died in order for people to have a right to (or not) vote, for me is something not to take for granted.
    If; and I'm not so much advocating this, 3 elections and you haven't voted then your right to vote ios removed is introduced, how many - and quite rightlty so - would be up in arms.
    Just like the burning - and not saying "I've lost my draft card"
    Spoiling the ballot paper shows one's protest, and does not negate the 'right' to vote - meThinks
    :)

6. MayQueen~420~

MayQueen~420~ ♫♪♫♪

Fuck voting! It does no good anyways! I've often wondered what the government would do if millions and millions of people go together and stopped voting, what the hell would they do then? Probably just be even shadier than they are now!

7. willedwill

willedwill Member

Obligated voting existed for many years in Australia. Now I believe that that has changed for self-decided votes.

8. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

This has already been happening for years. The only elections that get to 50% and/or over turnout of eligible voters are presidential elections. The rest, and just as important election cycles for the House and Senate hardly ever reach 40%. (in the USA)

To wit, in 2010 the number of people of voting age in the USA was 235,809,266. The turnout was 90,682,968. That's just 37.8% of the vote. Millions upon millions of people every year choose not to vote.

So what would the government do if millions and millions of people got together and stopped voting? Exactly what it is doing.

9. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

What exactly is voting doing?

At least NOT voting would send a clear message that people aren't buying their scam anymore. As long as people think they have a choice through voting, things will never change for the better.

10. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

As I just said, people aren't voting, and things are the way they are. Did you read the post, or do you think 37% of eligible voter turnout is 'a lot'? Are you aiming at getting that figure closer to 0% in order to achieve your goal of 'changing for the better'? Because I gotta tell you, overall, despite the aberration of 2008 (which was only a couple percent increase) voter turnout has steadily decreased, and things aren't getting better.

11. makihiko

makihiko Official hippie since 2005

every body I know is sooooo anti voting it drives me nuts! I wish people would just vote already!

they always get so upset when the bad guy wins...

12. Bonkai

Bonkai Later guys

If you pay taxes, you should always have a right to complain.

13. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

The only choice when voting is between bad guys. Those are the only ones that have a chance of winning anyway.

14. OlderWaterBrother

OlderWaterBrother May you drink deeply Lifetime Supporter

I too feel this way.

The Government is going to do whatever they want to you but at least you didn't tell them they could by voting, you didn't give them permission.

That's what turn on, tune in and drop out is all about.

Maybe if enough people ignore their puppet show, the show will close and we can get on with our lives without them.

Quite frankly, it gets a little tiresome when a politician says that he has a mandate from the people when he only got the votes of about 20% of the people living here.

15. def zeppelin

def zeppelin All connected

Not voting is in essence a form of voting.

I simply don't like what's offered. If that's complaining then I'm complaining.

When someone votes for who they vote for they're also complaining because they like what's being offered compared to the other things offered.

16. willedwill

willedwill Member

Or there is spoiling your ballot but officially being there to see how people are respecting each other or NOT. Your district for voting should be grounded with a conscience. The party you are biased for is of secondary importance (Maybe not).:coolgleamA: Then because of it you have no right to complain just the further obligation for the personal sense of being in the district.

17. Meliai

Meliai Banned

no offense but is english your first language? the syntax of all of your posts doesn't really make a lot of sense.

18. willedwill

willedwill Member

Rush Limbaugh with LOL. I guess I need religion.

19. mystic eye

mystic eye Banned

the choice the governments make effect both who vote and those that dont

20. The Backdoor Man

The Backdoor Man Banned

I hate political dipshits. They tell me that if I do not vote, I have no right to debate on national topics. I answer, "Good! I don't want to waste my time talking to political dipshits like you." A lot of people spend way too much time on politics instead of focusing on their own lives. Sure, you can make a difference, but only on your own relative scale. I would rather focus on making millions for myself instead of debating politics for the nation's sake. Fucking idiots.