Do you think it's right to complain if you didn't vote?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Thekarthika, Oct 5, 2011.

?

Do you think it's right to complain if you didn't vote?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Thekarthika

Thekarthika Member

I've been debating with a friend about this, we're both two extremes on the situation. What do you think?

1 person likes this.
  2. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

tis rigged...

Eric! likes this.
  3. Thekarthika

Thekarthika Member

What is?

4. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Yes.

Voting is bullshit. It does not make me feel like an active member of a democratic society when I go to the polls and vote for either Douchebag A or Douchebag B.

It does make me feel like an active member of a democratic society when I am vocal about my beliefs and rights as a citizen.

parua, James T and Eric! like this.
  5. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

I've paid for my right to speak out with my taxes. Voting is effectively participating in your own deception as nearly every viable candidate got to that point by having corporate influences finance a campaign that most likely costs FAR more than an entire term of the office pays- which guarantees that no matter the campaign rhetoric the office will be held by an individual who is beholding to the deep pockets who helped them get there and not the constituency that pantomimed democracy.

James T and Eric! like this.
  6. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

Yup and yup.

Eric! likes this.
  7. Thekarthika

Thekarthika Member

Come on people! Post more! :)

Thanks for all the comments, btw.

8. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

and yup.

i hate when people say, if you didn't vote, you've got no right to bitch. what if i'm bitching about the voting system?!

9. machinist

machinist Banned Lifetime Supporter

[​IMG]

That's what John Q Voter looks like. ^^^

10. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Kudos to those who stated the fact that voting is a joke. Even if it's not rigged, you still only have two candidates to choose from for president from two corporate controlled parties that are no different beyond the most superficial of ways. The candidates are always vetted by the system well beforehand. You cannot get elected in this country (or any country) unless you swear allegience to the power structure that the office of president is only the figurehead of.

It's the people who vote that have it all wrong. These people vote for corporate stooges, then complain when they fuck the country up even more, when THEY helped to put them in there. No, it's the people who DO vote that shouldn't complain.

Only once people pull their heads from their asses, get past the partisan political bullshit and understand it's a scam can there be any real change. It likely won't happen because people are just too dense, too stubborn, and too set in their old ways.

Besides, this country is already gone -- call it defeatism or call it realism, I don't care.

1 person likes this.
  11. TAZER-69

TAZER-69 Listen To Your Heart! Lifetime Supporter

Right to bitch ? Hell yes. Maybe someday we can make the United States ours once again and not the corporations that fund the candidiates.

Wall Street protest could be just a start.

12. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

:2thumbsup:

13. The Instinct

The Instinct Member

i think we should hang every politician like what they did to the pirates in the movie, ye politicians be warned instead of vice versa, i still dont care to vote, its all messed up whichever way you look at it, ill bitch and complain because i have the right to do so, anyone telling me not to is like telling me to shut up and deal with the shit that was here before i was! and i DO NOT LIKE BEING TOLD TO SHUT UP! WHY DOESNT EVERYONE SHUT UP FOR THAT MATTER? FREE SPEECH THATS WHY! USE IT!!!!!

14. primalflow

primalflow Member

I find it amazing that the pointlessness of voting is debated. Even my high school gov. book says outright that the only purpose of a political party is to win the election.

This only scratches the surface of what's wrong with the system, but the fact that IT'S TAUGHT IN SCHOOL THAT POLITICAL PARTIES HAVE NO ACTUAL BELIEFS, and just say whatever will get votes, should be enough.

15. learn2see

learn2see Member

If he who is complaining was old enough to vote during the last election, then they cannot complain. If they regret their vote, they can simply change their mind and if they wish their vote would of won, they must speak their mind without annoying people with complaining, no one wants to listen to a complainer. As for me, I was only 17 ALMOST 18 during the last election. I'm excited to vote for this upcoming one!

16. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I was thrilled to turn 18 so I could finally vote too. I remember that idealistic excitement all too well. Pay close attention to what everyone else in this thread has said, because everyone is right. Your vote doesn't count in national elections. By all means, get out and vote vote vote for local elections, because its locally that we can make the most difference. But when it comes to national elections, you're merely voting for a figurehead and you only get two options.

17. willedwill

willedwill Member

We vote for the love of the People, but the people aren't always worth loving. We vote then for the system of ultimately ignorance of the people. Now, they have something in economics called governance. Thereby we vote for the business trust the people as a whole cannot control and the system seems to have to never change.

Yes!! Henry Chenavski

18. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Complaining is an expression of Free Speech

End of discussion

19. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Complaining should be on your agenda. It's not like your vote would have made a difference anyway.

20. Strawberry_Fields_Fo

Strawberry_Fields_Fo RN

Finally, people who make sense. My fiance and I debate this frequently--I've even brought up the tax point with him. Yes, I voted in the last 2 presidential elections, democrat both times. This time, however, I'm taking a different route--I'll still vote, oh yes, I'll vote...I'm writing in for Stewart/Colbert. A waste of vote? Well, so is yours.