What Are You Drinking? - Beer, Wine, Liquor, Mixed Drinks - Part 2.1

Discussion in 'Potent Potables' started by Karen_J, Sep 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Tis Mid Sunday Afternoon And GLEN Has Just Popped The Top Of A "Brut Reserve Special

Cuvee", Which Is A Very Snobby Way To Describe A "Cheap Bottle Of Bubbly"...:sunny:

Cheers Glen.

2. MellowDonna

MellowDonna Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

How about beer? I can tolerate light beer on occasion. I'm not much for dark beers although my husband likes them.

3. MellowDonna

I'd be giggling all day. :rofl: Bubbly wine does that to me..

4. tricknologist

tricknologist menace to sobriety

Going to be going on a bike ride to the park in a little while and bringing the last of some berry wine that I made last year. Blackberry, dewberry and mulberry.

5. etkearne

etkearne Resident Pharmacologist

Like I mentioned, the other night (Friday night), I had a bottle of wine. I was really looking forward to it. I was going to Skype with my best friend and watch baseball.

Boy I was wrong. After just two glasses, I became incredibly depressed and I really felt uneasy with even the SLIGHT intoxication I was under. Remember, I had not drank (except one time) in over 8 months. It reminded me of why I don't particularly like the effects of alcohol, and I stopped after the two glasses and went to bed feeling like shit both mentally and physically. Thank god when I woke up, all of the effects were gone and I had no sort of hangover.

Sorry, alcohol, I just don't think you and I make a very good pair! Perhaps it is because I have used other, more 'euphoric' drugs, or perhaps it is just that I don't like the sloshy feeling of dis-inhibition. I don't know. But I don't think I will drink for a long time.

6. i_need_a_miracle

i_need_a_miracle Cajun Cornbread Jigger

I had my beer phase when I was 15 and 16. It's not the first thing that I reach for, but sure, I'll drink a beer, but it has to be ICE COLD. I can't stand a semi-cold or room temperature beer. I found a pretty cool blueberry lager called Wild Blue. It's pretty tasty for what it is, plus it has a higher alcohol content in it than regular beer. . . so, three Wild Blues would equal, say, a six-pack of Bud Light or something (my hubby's a Bud Light kind of guy). As far as beer goes, I've always been partial to Heineken and Yuengling. Purple Haze is a pretty tasty raspberry wheat beer. Blue Moon is a favourite, too. :)

7. i_need_a_miracle

i_need_a_miracle Cajun Cornbread Jigger

I know what you mean. I don't really like the effects of alcohol, either. I rarely drink these days. However, I do chain-smoke marijuana, lol.

8. MellowDonna

I guess I'm pretty mainstream with beer. Maybe a Corona, with or without the lime. It doesn't take much to get me acting silly.:)

9. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I like good beer.

10. Bonkai

Bonkai Later guys

Ghetto margaritas - Tequila + Squirt!

11. Aesthete

Aesthete Member

Bud light lime. I had been wanting to try it. And meh. It's drinkable. Not much flavor though except for the lime.

12. tricknologist

I'm running the still. Gonna have some clear whiskey.

Electric stills that look like water purifiers are fucking great.

13. tricknologist

Moonshine on the rocks.

14. hahaha04

hahaha04 Whatevers Clever

I dont THINK this is a bump thread but BUMP for going over to my neighbors house and having the equivalent of about 4 regular sized bottles of beer. My buddy brews his own beer, and it is DAMN delicious. Tomorrow we are planning on making some more, which i know nothing about, so it could be interesting!

15. tricknologist

I home brew, I have a bunch of pics in my forum album on the subject.

Tonight, I'm drinking home distilled absinthe. In a few more weeks, I'll be running the still again for apple brandy.

16. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Evan Williams eggnog, in just a few hours. It just showed up on the liquor store shelves last week. It has a shitload of calories, so I'm glad they don't sell it except during the holidays. Otherwise, it would be a huge test of my self-discipline.

17. MellowDonna

We went out for pizza last night. I had a Corona.:cheers2:
    Tonight? We don't have any plans yet. That often changes by late afternoon on the weekend. :)

18. tricknologist

Taste testing some home made blackberry wine that I just bottled in some mason jars.

http://www.hipforums.com/newforums/album.php?albumid=8373

It needs to age a bit longer, so after this jar I'll wait a couple more months before sampling again. I have ten more gallons of wine and mead that I'll be bottling in the next few weeks. Hopefully some of it will be ready to go since I'm out of home made wine and actually having to buy some sucks.

19. BillyX

BillyX Member

Im drinking Coopers Pale Ale at the moment to continue my mdma/xanax buzz

20. MeatyMushroom

MeatyMushroom Juggle Tings Proppuh

LOTS of motherfuckin' coffee

Edit: Friday's Desperado night, lime included

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.