why do you tolerate female irrationality?

Discussion in 'Men's Issues' started by meridianwest, Sep 28, 2011.

1. meridianwest

meridianwest Senior Member

unless you have tits i didn't mean you. lol.

2. TAZER-69

TAZER-69 Listen To Your Heart! Lifetime Supporter

Had you said Tazer I have a stalker instead of putting it under my quote I might have got it sooner.

3. Vuur

Vuur Member

ah, so all women are irrational and crazy by your definition, and if they disagree enough to decide to dislike your post, that makes them a stalker? sounds quite irrational and crazy from where I'm sitting ...:frown:

then again... if you are convinced all women are irrational, no doubt you'll feel the same about whatever they say in their posts :rolleyes:

4. meridianwest

i am sure all women on this planet dislike my original post on this thread by default. and, yes, in my experience, which is, i admit, very limited, every single female has the kind of irrational quality to them that i have not seen in men. this is why i started this thread, because my experience with females is limited, more so because i am gay. so i wanted opinions of people (mostly guys') other than myself and my friends.

I didn't mean the 'insane' part literally. that was a colloquial exaggeration.

5. Vuur

Vuur Member

Is it possible you have not seen that in men because you are a man?

6. lovelyxmalia

lovelyxmalia Banana Hammock Lifetime Supporter

I know plenty of gay guys that are a thousand times worse than any woman I've ever known.

Also, to the OP, have you ever dated a woman? How do you know such things happen? If my husband lied to me or cheated on me, then yes, I'll act irrational. However, if we are hanging out together, I won't randomly rip his head off for the sake of it.

7. Fingermouse

Fingermouse Helicase

8. PEACEFUL LIBRA

PEACEFUL LIBRA DAMN RIGHT I'M A WEIRDO

just ignore it like every man in the world

1 person likes this.
  9. meridianwest

i really should take this advice. :)

10. meridianwest

it is possible. but i do think that it is less common and less extreme in men. which is not to say that this is common and extreme in every single female.

no, i have not dated any women. and i know this happens, because i have had female friends who otherwise were perfectly rational, intelligent and strong characters turn a little unscrewed (in other words irrational) on seemingly innocent situations. blow the circumstances totally out of proportion. (Leviathan described what i meant better than i did).

and, no, i didn't mean to imply that females are trotting the Earth turning crazy at random. it is usually manifested in situations where the guy (or another woman) does something the female doesn't agree with (so that much it makes sense). women have a tendency to blow little things out of proportion and context, and connect those issues with other issues that don't seem to connect with one another at all. i just wanted to know if i am the only one seeing this kind of pattern in general female behavior.

11. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

This kind of sentiment just ends up sounding like part of that giant conspiracy that all guys need to be whipped. Cos like you know its not possible to understand women unless you see whats up their skirt, like only if you are whipped can you see clearly??? ........I want you to lie back and relax, take deep ....slow..... breaths, concentrate on the angry beaver and solely the angry beaver, clear everything from you mind. Focus on the angry beaver, watch it swing ....back....and....forth....back....and....forth...back..and...

Come, come now, there is always that plan ahead thing "Oh, I REALLY need to get me some tonight, but ugh he's still on autopilot .....tonight when we go out with the friends, first stupid thing I can think of to bitch about so we end up having a stupid fight in the carpark and say nasty things to each other...oooh he's going to say nasty things to me oooh oooh ooh .....then by the time we'll get home we'll have made up and as we walk through the door he'll start to rip my clothes off....oooh, he's going to rip my clothes off oooh ohhh ohhh, then 10 mins of hot makeup nookie...fingers crossed 15...and we should be in cuddle mode by the time Letterman is on, and we can share our feelings and talk about our relationship in the ad breaks"

12. roamy

roamy Senior Member

my guess is you only attract bitchy women friends because you have so much in common with them.as non-bitchy women would only want ta hang with likeminded people.an you should'nt call someone a stalker just because you dont like the truth an lie about them,that seems ta be getting ta be a bad habit in here.if ya want ta kick ass, dont cry an lie when ya get a bit a your own medicine back. what goes around comes around.deal with it!

13. meridianwest

i thought i already explained this. the only female friends i have ever had were all rational, intelligent, and with strong personalities. what amazes me is that even this type can so easily switch to complete irrationality at certain specific times. it seems anomalous to me. if it was a female who was bitchy all the time about most things, that doesn't puzzle me.

you don't even know me, and your assessment of my behavioral tendencies based on one thread i started is more telling about your own inner reaction to the generalization i made on this thread than my attitudes.

i have no problem with the truth. i know i'm a jerk most of the time. that still doesn't incapacitate me to have a rational discussion about a subject that i can't understand.

14. roamy

roamy Senior Member

15. lovelyxmalia

lovelyxmalia Banana Hammock Lifetime Supporter

I know women like this, however, I do all I can to avoid conflict and so does he.

Think before you judge, my dear.:sunny:

16. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Pretty much every guy I know is bitchier than me in some way.

Not all women are irrational bitches, and in fact most women I know are more likely than men to step back and think with a level head before reacting. Testosterone is more reactionary than estrogen.

I don't know how women got such a bad reputation for being irrational. We all know women who are like that, but from my experience its been more the exception than the rule.

My brother used to talk so much shit about how irrational women are, but he was always the one to pick fights with me growing up and to lose his temper first.

I think this whole "women are irrational" thing is just a rumor spread by a bunch of mysogonist guys who got put in the friend zone one too many times.

However, in response to the question posed in the OP, I don't have a flying fuck of a clue why men put up with women like that. Especially when there are plenty of cool, down-to-earth females walking around. Instead guys wanna go for some saucy thing that will throw a drink on him the first time she doesn't get her way.

17. Humperdink

Humperdink Member

I think it has been scientifically proven that men and women think differently. Of course there are varying degrees in each group. I was just wondering, what if the women are being perfectly rational in their way of thinking, and the men are totally irrational? Who's to say which is which? I mean the word "rational" is defined very vaguely, open to much interpretation. So I guess when the man says women are irrational, he thinks he is rational. In truth, just saying that women are irrational is not a rational statement. Each case must be judged on it's own merits.

18. meridianwest

yeah i know that. males and females have a different brain structure. that wasn't what i was looking to get at with this thread though. i was looking to see how some guys cope with that. and i got my answers.

and i don't agree that rationality is relative.

19. LeviathanXII

LeviathanXII Member

I agree that testosterone filled guys are much more reactionary then what I would consider most women. But the base word there is react. Usually to confrontation. Being an irrational bitch in terms of the stereotype in question is more like starting a fight out of nothing, or taking a comment in the completely wrong way

F "Your such a jerk!"
    M "That is not what I meant"
    F "Well that's what it sounded like"
    M "Well shouldn't I, being the one who said it, get to decide what I, the thinker of the thought, mean by what I say" << Clearly overdone a little, but I have had disputes like that, the usual response is a repeat "your an ass", "uuuhg dont talk to me", etc.

The stereotype mentioned about men is the same as the stereotype that this thread is about. While (hopefully) not true as a whole (in either stereotyped case) there are people who fit in to both categories. As I said, all of my women friends are fairly normal women, its just when you seem to date them.

20. FreshDacre

FreshDacre Senior Member

wow so this is why people go gay i knew it