i am proud to be a feminist. why are you feminist?

Discussion in 'Feel Good Feminism' started by junegloom, Sep 26, 2011.

1. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Desos:Women can't be trusted? Your post typifies why women have to keep plugging away to get parity/equality. Picture a sliding scale from what women have here(US) and what women have in middle eastern cultures. It's the same thing only they are on the radical end of the scale. Some day I imagine they will be free to just BE. A generalization such as you've made about trust makes me think that you just flat don't like women.
    I've never called myself a feminist,however I am able to observe the results of anti-feminism from denying them the vote to stoning them to death for little of nothing ,which relative to modern world understanding, is insane and extremely conservative. One gets it or not.

2. Desos

Desos Senior Member

and yet it seems the goal of feminism is sameness.

well as far as equal pay goes. right now my primary source of income is related to the resaraunt industry. do you know how many more girls get hired as servers than men? the last restaraunt i worked in i was the only male there. managers are just way more likely to hire pretty girls than they are dudes. the advantages you get from being a pretty girl are rediculous.

learned behavior accounts for a certain amount of a person's charachter, but as do genetics, and gender.

can't say i have the best track record.

3. Ranger

Ranger Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I happen to know a few chainsaw totin' female lumberjacks as well as a few women high steel welders and any of them in the right mood will fuck your brains out.

At the same time if trouble strikes they'll be standing at your side. They expect equality and also the share of responsibility that goes with it.

4. scratcho

Yup--that sure be right Ranger. Friend of mine(girl) jumped right on a couple of guys that sucker punched me at a couple of differant parties(college days) and gave me a chance to get up and KICK their asses. I love women,but the only thing I find funny is when a car needs working on,independant women have said to me--"just show me how to do it and I will do it,because I want to learn". Always ended up doing it myself,but always took it with good humor. Greasy mechanic work is done by women tho---somewhere,I'm sure.

5. Desos

Desos Senior Member

i also know plenty of women that love to be submissive and they'd bust an ovary laughing if you handed them a chainsaw.

6. scratcho

And by the by,there's nothing I like better than a woman that can be TOUGH when necessary.

7. Desos

Desos Senior Member

8. Ranger

Desos, if I need a submissive I'll get a dog. Thanks anyway.

Scratcho, two of the three best mechanics I've met are women.

9. scratcho

(to 27) Holy shit!!! Not that tough!!!

10. Desos

Desos Senior Member

lol i'm not saying submissive like a dog. just trying to make a point that there are plenty of women who don't seek for equality through feminism but instead take pride in being women and doing the things that women do best.

i'd think that plenty of women would love sitting back and letting the men do all the physical labor.

though i suppose you don't think there are things that women can do best.

because soon as the sexual roles of society break down your going to be seeing alot more of lumberjack laura over there.

11. Ranger

Scratcho :)
    I'd give her a try but I think I might walk a little easy at first.

12. scratcho

That would be a woman you would NOT want to disappoint!!! She looks capable of ripping several important body parts right off your frame!!

13. Ranger

INDEED! Me thinks the prize may well be worth the effort/risk.

14. outthere2

outthere2 Senior Member

Do you think that's unfair?

15. outthere2

outthere2 Senior Member

NOW's 'about us' page mentions equality not sameness:

Who besides you says feminism is about sameness not equality?

16. calgirl

calgirl Senior Member

I'm a female very comfortable in my skin and with my hormones and with my genitals and my softness and my warped way of thinking. It's only feminists that need the help of NOW. I'll be my own voice and stand up for myself if i see unfairness. I likely won't use my female gender as a defense but other factors that I think come into play. Organizations with goals to protect a group often do it unconditionally. That is a flaw, and one i won't try to benefit from.

17. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

Did you look up the meaning of masochism? There could very well be a place for that in the kinky sex area.

Are you thinking of misogynist?

Then again you might be a masochist.

Your misogynist attitudes are exactly why feminism should continue.

18. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

It looks like you want the spanking forum from what I can tell.

19. FlyingFly

FlyingFly Dickens

That kind of woman I'd actually treat with respect and way better than other people.

Not 'treat me like this because I'm a woman' weirdos.

20. Desos

Desos Senior Member

i agree.

yes. i'll even have female friends joke with me sometimes about how they got a job because they are pretty.

lol yea i did. perhaps chauvenistic pig would be a better word. :p