is rasta a black thing for black people?

Discussion in 'Rastafari' started by pattymary, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Manservant Hecubus

Manservant Hecubus Master of Funk and Evil

It's hard to read it in that context when God is killing people.

2. Jimmy P

Jimmy P bastion of awesomeness

Agreed.

Not only is it the same path, but also the same God - the same something we're all trying to figure out, whether we are aware or not.

I do not believe that books can provide any more than guidance on your spiritual path, as they are written by humans who, just like us, were trying to make sense of things and didn't have any more answers than we do now.

Religion is a racket, God isn't.(Though I prefer not to use the word God as it has too many negative connotations)

3. Gr4ssh0pp3r

Gr4ssh0pp3r Member

You ever heard of this fallen angel called Satan? He is a fucking dick. God cannot stop Satan, because God's singular weakness is goodness.

4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Well, if you are religious I can imagine that the one you are devoted to seems the most plausible one. I see the good god mainly in the NT (obviously)

5. Gr4ssh0pp3r

Gr4ssh0pp3r Member

Satan invaded the Earth, at the beginning of the Bible. He is the serpent in the garden. God was, and is, and must remain, forever, good.

6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Is there a threat that God would not remain good then?

7. Gr4ssh0pp3r

Gr4ssh0pp3r Member

No. There is only a threat of pain and suffering due to the "demons" in the universe that have decided to be very, very, very wicked. God did not create death. Death does not exist. It is only an illusion created by the devil and others.

Eternal Hell is simply a name of a Hell with an eternal flame -- it does not mean "inescapable Hell." Inescapable Hell was built by the dark ones.

This is why Satan is kicked into the ring of fire by Jesus, at the end. The ring of fire is an "eternal flame" from which Satan can no longer escape. I.E., Satan must begin to behave and loses a great deal of power.

Just as God cannot kill you -- God cannot kill Satan nor anyone else.

One of the main problems with the Bible is that it doesn't let humans know quite how good that they are -- but if it did tell them, then while Satan ruled he would gain too much power over them, and Jesus would not be able to survive "re-entry" into the Earthen plane, in Revelation.

8. mikaakim

mikaakim Guest

Some areas of Rastafarianism can be seen as very anti white, but all religion evolves! I am as pale as vampire, white blonde hair, and I am Rastafarian and have been for a long, long time. The brother who helped me on my journey the most named me a white lion, which is a name i hold tightly to this day!

Black, White, purple, pink, it makes no difference, its whats in your heart that counts.

9. pattymary

pattymary Member

religion for me is a word i will not put on rasta, cause it does not seem to me this is a religion, but a certain lifestyle and a way of thinking..more a spiritual path..
    my husband is a rasta and i know a lot of people that call themselves rasta, and everybody is different,and also a lot of them are saying rasta is not a religion..
    so what is exactly your belief and what does it mean to you spiritually to be a rasta? it is important for me to know cause i am doing a little investigation about that in jamaica..

10. Manservant Hecubus

It's a religion if the answer to 'Why is Rasta culture so homophobic' is Leviticus said so.

11. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Sometimes I want to participate or buy things that are generally meant for black people. For instance, about a year ago I saw a painting that had the faces of four africans on it, wearing more traditional african garb. I thought it would look great in my apartment - something a little different that would spice it up. But I know every person who came in would be like, "Um... hey what's up with the painting."

12. natural philosophy

natural philosophy bitchass sexual chocolate

black people are neat

13. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i don't see how any belief can be just for one ethnicity.

14. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

If you were rasta you wouldn't say Rastafarianism. It's an insult.

15. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

So, before I get more prejudiced about the legal situations in those foreign countries in the middle east:

what is the point of Rastafarianism supposed to be concerning taking control of property; is that by the use of the law, or by actually working physically to the commonwealth determined by the paying? :daisy:

16. whispered-dream

whispered-dream Guest

There arent any rules that say "whites (or any other race") cant be rastas. But the question is, why would a white person want to become Rastafarian? Its basically a religion promoting black power and freeing fellow blacks from not only the physical but also the mental slavery imposed on us long ago by babylon (european/white culture). Its about that freedom and returning to natural roots.

A big part of understanding rasta is understanding babylon. Babylon is a metaphor for oppression, and who has oppressed blacks more than whites? Euro or white culture has us putting additives and preservatives in our food, putting plastics and toxic chemicals in our hair, clothing and even in our pillows. Babylon has convinced us into believing that our skin color is ugly, and so some blacks are so enslaved that they bleach their beautiful skin. Babylon tells us that our wide noses or full lips are ugly so we spend thousands on cosmetic surgery. Or that our natural hair isnt presentable so our sistas damage their hair with chemicals in order to straighten them and ultimately look more european. If you have spent any time among black culture you would understand that these are very real issues and there is a LOT of self hate in our communities. Rastafarians seek to eliminate this twisted way of thinking we've been brainwashed into accepting and seeks to take us back to our roots.

So im not saying that white people cant or shouldnt be rasta but it really is a black movement, and there would be no real place for you there. How can a white person truly understand the oppression of babylon? Thats not something youve ever gone through.

17. Manservant Hecubus

You can be white, you just can't be gay.