What are your religous beliefs?

Discussion in 'The Hip Polls' started by luckypunk, Jun 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well Arranged Dust

Well Arranged Dust Member

you're right man, we have lost way too much knowledge over the years. I also agree that today's wicca is not quite what it started as in the least bit but wouldn't you agree this is true of nearly all of the major religions aswell? Times change but hope doesn't.

I myself think wicca is a great alternative to popular religion. I was really into it and took a lot out of it. I just found in the end that all the energy i felt through meditation and rituals was coming from within me rather than an external source. It is within us all and wicca can be a great way to tap in. Also i find that quite a few people take it way too seriously.

2. Brigante

Brigante Member

alternative maybe, but does the bell of truth still ring? or have we lost something that we cant quite put our finger on, i mean does this modern culture truly know what it means to be 'Spiritual' or have we completly lost our native roots? Its not lookin too good imo, we are still havin wars an killin each other on a massive global scale.

I guess the only thing one can do is be responsible for ones self at the end of the day.

3. Chodpa

Chodpa Senior Member

Hindu/Buddhist Yogic/Tantric

4. wisp

wisp Member

I believe so , it is sad that the old ways have been lost in the sands of time or swept to one side and frowned upon by the mainstream churches .We can learn a lot from our ancestors , but i am still studying/reading up on wicca i havent fully given myself over yet but one day soon i probably will .There is still so much to learn , but like the dormouse said -feed your head :2thumbsup:

5. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

In a nutshell this is the centerpiece of my spiritual mind set. The thing is that nobody knows though plenty will heavily speculate and cite their pet religious doctrine as "proof". Anyone pushing a set of beliefs based in any part on the "inalienable proof" of a sacred text like the bible completely loses my desire to hear anything from them.

We do not know and that has to be for a reason.

6. Koryssa_RUS

Koryssa_RUS Member

Christian

7. Brigante

Brigante Member

Hmm, but are we quite sure that we do not know?
    I mean when i'm tripping i feel like i know as it is all staring me in the face,
    but it is impossible to explain it fully in earthly language.

8. Brigante

Brigante Member

When i see a beautiful sunset or some breathtaking natural scenery, or i gaze into the heavens or into the eyes of a loved one then for me this is all the proof an knowing i need, it cannot be put into words acuratley altho i believe some poets an lyricists have the knack of reaching ones heart too.

'be still an know that I am God' is a gut feeling or hunch that there is something staring us right in the face right here right now.(imo)

9. BuryMeInSmoke

BuryMeInSmoke Member

Atheist. I don't like the idea of being told how to live my life. I'd rather be free and live the way I want. I don't need any unnecessary rules. As long as I'm not doing anybody any harm, what does it matter? I have my own morals to live by. I highly doubt any god exists anyway. I can't prove or disprove it's existence but it just doesn't seem realistic to me. Maybe there is something out there but I doubt that it has anything to do with what's written in scripture. Who knows? Frankly, I don't care all too much. I have nothing against people who do choose to follow these things, so long as they don't try to force it on me. If you're a good person, that's all that matters. Besides, I couldn't get up on a Sunday morning to save my life so I'm going to Hell anyway.

10. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

Everything is an idea.

11. machinist

machinist Banned Lifetime Supporter

wheres the box to check that says "none"?

12. thedope

That is one. There is no such thing as nonexistence.

13. machinist

i agree

14. thedope

It's funny that if religious belief is our measure of devotion to what we call good cause, then,, for example if you believe exercising is beneficial to your health, then you have a religious belief, and if you exercise for the same reason then you have religious devotion.

I mean, you know, that is if you took out some of the negative connotations associated with the word symbol, religion.

15. machinist

i hear ya

16. hawaiiankine

hawaiiankine Senior Member

I don't believe in religion. I believe in God.

17. machinist

i know what you mean.

18. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

Polytheism

19. thedope

Hear hear

20. thedope

As in poly pocket?