What are your religous beliefs?

Discussion in 'The Hip Polls' started by luckypunk, Jun 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Saxon Germanic and Norse Anunnakist.

2. barefootPatrick

barefootPatrick Members

Looks like that’s what she’s preparing to do judging from the catastrophes that have been happening. Nature is a powerful force. Water goes where it damn well pleases, wind rips everything up. And just try and stop a bolt of lightning.

3. barefootPatrick

barefootPatrick Members

I was raised Roman Catholic and still practice it, but in my own way. I don’t necessarily follow along according to Catholic doctrine. I believe there is a god or as some would say , a supreme being. Good things in life came my way that I was certain would pass me by. And bad things have been avoided that I surely thought would hammer me. Divine intervention has covered my ass.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  4. I believe that time is a part of the divine, and that the world of the divine and the world of nature are two distinct worlds that exist arbitrarily and happen to interact somehow.

The right side of our brain is the world of nature and reason. The left side of our brain is the world of the abstract and divine. Each side will try to domineer the other in various people. But they are equal worlds, because they are both living.

The sun is living. The moon is living. The stars are living. The Earth is living. Jupiter is living. But these things are also dying.

Dying isn't to become no more, though. That's the identity we project onto it, because it's the most fearsome and therefore the most immediate. Really it is to transform. The Sun may look terrible for a while after it dies, but eventually it will change form. Every piece of it will still have a form, and every bit will still be living. They all still share a cohesive identity. You could search all the bits out, and, like DNA, figure out if it is a part of a family.

At the root of all things is life, and simultaneously, at the root of all things is a world that, though living itself, can live in a world devoid of human life. Two worlds have collided, and that is what you find at black holes. It actually it a passageway, as it spits out a mirror image of you on the other side, where the black hole flows in the opposite direction. Instead of being torn apart, you are brought back together, proton by proton.

I have to go back to work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.