Do you hate people who wear leather jackets?

Discussion in 'Clothes' started by GreenGardener555, Jun 26, 2011.

1. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

I've been thinking about this question, again.

I think my issue is those who own lots of leather and don't treat it like a durable good.
    It's a fashion jacket every other season, a raft of handbags, a closet full of shoes and they keep buying.

Since my July 2014 post, I donated my snow boots to a friend moving to a high snow area. I'm going back in the next couple of years, so they weren't going to get high use.
    However, I found I did need winter boots.
    With my desire for durability, an aversion to military style boots, and a need to waterproof the boots, I settled on a pair of Timberland.
    In leather. It wasn't an easy decision.
    I took into account ability to replace the soles and parts that wear out, durability, breathable material, toe box size, appearance and biodegradability after many, many years of wear. But also price point.
    I managed to score a $175 pair of boots for $65, in season.
    An equivalent boot, quality wise (and I still doubt the ability to repair) in manmade materials was $250.

My three season boots,vegan, are about to die, after only three years or wear. I'm a bit sad, and a bit angry. The maker won't re-sole the boots, and local cobblers won't do it, either. That, added to the shaft material suddenly degrading, means I will replace these with leather as well.
    Unless I stumble on Goodyear welted, waxed canvas, knee high lace ups with a round toe box. Which I am seeking.

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

I always wear leather...

Melissa 1989 likes this.