Do you hate people who wear leather jackets?

Discussion in 'Clothes' started by GreenGardener555, Jun 26, 2011.

1. mustpannkook

mustpannkook Guest

Technically I'm a vegan, but I still wear leather shoes and jackets... They are all from thrift stores, though. I think I've worn those shoes for over 4 years and they'd last another 2, and fabric shoes just suck IMO...

Perhaps I'm just a "food vegan". I don't know. I like my jackets.

2. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

If anyone wants leather scraps for crafts, they have a free sample thing. You can get 5.

It's not an associate ID type of deal, as far as I can see, it's actually them.

3. odonII

odonII O

I don't really have an issue with leather. I do with fur, and more so with kangaroo's/crocs/cats/dogs/dolphins etc

4. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

The night my housed burned and I was standing outside in long johns and socks one of my neighbors handed me 3 leather jackets, two of them were his Father's and the third was his own biker's leather. We hardly ever talked, don't even know his name. The ones that were his father's was a very touching gesture... I passed one of them along to another guy who has never actually owned a biker's leather jacket.

5. Honey497

Honey497 Guest

Leather jackets are so cool.

6. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I avoid wearing leather. Even if the cows that it comes from are killed for their meat, that still means that the cows suffered terribly. It also might mean that land was deforested for the cows to live on. For me, no amount of "looking cool" is really worth the suffering of another. There are plenty of other jacket options that you don't require you to pay in blood.

But to answer the OP's question--no, I don't hate people that wear leather. It just depends on the values of the individual. What means more to you?

7. odonII

odonII O

They are probably a little hot.

8. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

I've owned second hand.
    If I really needed a durable jacket for riding or fire dancing, I might again.

I own two down coats and one down comforter. I've had them for more than 10 years.

They should last several decades. Maybe I won't have to think about a possible replacement, as I could be in my 70s or 80s by then.

I'm conflicted between what's best for the planet versus compassion for creatures.

9. kurona

kurona Member

It depends on the product and if it matches the person wearing it.

As for the animal issue, you cant hate everyone who eats chicken and beef right...

but if i had a pet and someone murdered him to make a leather wallet then rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

10. puggybear

puggybear stars may twinkle-but I shine!

Strange that a bloke wearing a leather jacket is given earache...but that same earache-giver wouldn't stand in front of a cannibal and tell him to eat soya beans 'or else'.

It's all subjective;animal dead=lots of meals and clothes,plus work for butchers/cooks.
    Sneakers made in Asia=factories full of 6y/o kids working 12 hour days.

Ok-make your choice.

11. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Kurona, some do, or at least act like it.

12. pipgirl

pipgirl Member

I don't buy leather anymore, but if I already have sth made of leather I'm not gonna throw it away, it would do no good. Just a waste of money.
    For example I still have a pair of leather boots, and I'll wear them until they're not good anymore, then replace them with sth not made of leather.

I love the look of leather, it's just that you can buy fake leather that looks as good.

And no, I don't HATE people who wear, of buy leather...

13. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

God Knows What Is Fashionable...:eek:.???

God Created Adam And Eve, Wasn't Much Fashion In The Garden Of Eden...[​IMG].

Having Said That, It Just Occured To Me That I Have Been Naked For

The Last 24 Hours, Tis Obvious GLEN Has No Sense Of Fashion Either...[​IMG].

Cheers Glen.

14. Cavlin

Cavlin Banned

yes of course i hate the people who wear the leather jackets

15. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Why...[​IMG].???

Cheers Glen.

16. nedahardy

nedahardy Member

Nevermind them do what you want to wear i love to wear leather jacket too. :)

17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

No. Seems stupid.

18. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

I don't care if someone wears clothing items made from leather or not, but I can see how that can be a fab that some people would like to just go away, such as wearing sperry with pants, leggings with shorts, etc. Then you have the issues of those who are morally against wearing leather due to it coming from animals. All in all, I think wearing leather is one of those things you have to have the courage to wear and be fashionable enough to know when to wear and not to wear. Personally, I don't have the courage or the fashion knowledge to wear anything that is too trendy, so I stick to basics and classics that never go out of style. But, again... I don't care if someone does or doesn't wear such things. I'm not a believer that clothes represents a person, but again I understand how it can.

19. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

I like leather jackets, they look very nice. Can't wait till it gets cold again so I can wear mine.

They are also very warm, it is a solid material so air cannot get through

20. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Leather comes with dead cows. Lots of dead cows anyway (for consumption). So why hate on people using those skins. Is it better to throw them all away?

2 people like this.