Do you hate people who wear leather jackets?

Discussion in 'Clothes' started by GreenGardener555, Jun 26, 2011.

1. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

op said he is hesitant to wear the coat in real life because people in his online life gave him a hard time....

...dude....online people and rl people?...maybe you should turn the fuckin pc off for a few weeks till you stop giving a flying fuck what basement dwellers think...basement dwellers excel at making you think its you that is fucked up when in actual fact its always them

2. TheMistress

TheMistress Senior Member

most leather is made of cow hide. cows who died so that we may eat. the more of their body that we use the more we are respecting the animal whose life was taken so that we may live.

i see no problem with your leather

3. lunarverse

lunarverse The Living End

No, I don't.

But I do think people who wear raccoon hats look like assholes.

4. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Well really--what differance does any of it make? Some eat meat,some don't. Some get killed,some don't. Some starve to death,some don't. Some accumulate vast riches,most don't. Some are happy,some are miserable. It's life as we know it. It's sometimes horrible and sometimes enchanting. We're born,we live,we die. All we can do is walk our own paths until we're gone. Do not let others walk your path for you or attempt to make you walk theirs. As the Mistress said--life is a gift. Remove the "wrapping" and do as you will.

5. Ryanchapwood

Ryanchapwood Member

I think leather is only useful in situations where Bondage is involved....:devil:

6. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

It also helps cows from falling apart.

7. MissCyanide

MissCyanide Member

In my opinion leather jackets are great, though alot of my ones are just pleather - which is like a makeshift leather (cheaper but still great looking). Leather jackets are a part of my style, but I have nothing against people who dislike them, that's just their opinion

8. NightRose

NightRose idiosynractic rose

I have three leather jacket's; all of which I got from various opp shop's. One of them is made from goat, one's Italian and the other I got no clue what it is or where it come's from cause there's no tag on the collar. I love all three :)

I find a lot of vegan's and vegetarian's very preachy, and judgmental. Not to say all of them are like that, but I say pay no attention to what those folk's commented, GG. There are people out there doing far worse thing's which we should be worying about, not critisizing people on their attire. :2thumbsup:

9. Rael

Rael The Ruiner

The internet is digital courage for idiots. They can say all of the stupid things that they're afraid to in real without fear of people laughing at them.

Leather is Evil, But that's why it's so cool!:devil:

Now if you start frequenting your local spca and gaze longingly at the new arrivals while visions of dancing moccasins run through your head, you might have a problem.

10. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

since vegetarianism is a choice

animals will die, thus

is it not crueler to kill them and waste the product you're left with???

some people need to get there head out of their ass.

11. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

I do not think this is a widely shared opinion....at least among men?.....Pleather is mostly vinyl and looks AWFUL

12. Invisible Soul

Invisible Soul Burning Angel

Well... I think anyone who hates the idea of fur coats (and other frivilous products that contain real animal fur) but doesn't mind leather is a bit of a hypocrite. And I would be lying through my teeth if I said I had no problems with animals being killed just for their fur. (and in some countries, skinned alive)

13. etkearne

etkearne Resident Pharmacologist

I don't think anything is wrong with wearing leather jackets. I don't find any objections to the fact that a cow's skin had to be utilized or anything. Like I pointed out elsewhere in this site, I am not an extreme animal rights advocate.

I think leather jackets look good with a lot of different clothing styles from biker to urban professional styles. They are also both warm, function as amazingly good wind-breakers, AND they protect a motorcyclist in case of an accident better than almost any other fabric with the exception of maybe Kevlar.

I never owned one, but I am certainly open to buying one some day. I think they look good.

14. Mason Grey

Mason Grey Member

i have a leather coat, it's great,
    i have had it since i was like 18 or 19 or something,
    it will last a long time, as clothes should...

having lots of clothes is a weird thing, i guess that is a different conversation...
    i like to really use my few clothes fully

15. kensington97

kensington97 Guest

it's okay to wear leather because even though the animal is used for it's meat and that's sad the way they are farmed and fed and killed but i think it's better to use it to keep yourself warm and comfortable because the animal is dead.

life and death really... throughout human history humans have needed food and always used every part of the animal (the fur for the winters). So we should too because although we aren't killing the animal these days we should still take part in using all the parts.

I dont know if i make sense but hey i tried. =)

16. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

I only mind fur coats if you DON'T eat the ermine.

Or if it's wild fur, which I don't think ANY are, because of the logistical problems with that.

17. learn2see

learn2see Member

Hahaa, I think that using the whole animal is smarter than letting it go to waste. So wear your jacket with pride!

18. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

I wear leather jackets, vests, hats, gloves, boots...... even have a few pairs of pants around here somewhere I haven't had on for years, usually from thrift stores now but I used to work with leather. Being a byproduct of the meat industry as long as people eat meat it would be a shame to toss the hides away. Besides it wears better than cloth in most applications and insulates dynamically.

Some furs and a few hides are different because the fur is used and the rest of the animal goes to waste, that I can't see.

19. O.W.L

O.W.L Member

I love my leather...people are so sensitive. I have a problem with folks that want to pressure other people into thinking the way they think. vegans need to stop shoving it others faces... just because vegan-ism is what works for them doesn't mean it works for everyone.

20. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

I dont wear a leather jacket but :iagree: with this