What's your hair like? :D

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by Chikablashi, Jun 2, 2011.

1. zengizmo

zengizmo Ignorant Slut HipForums Supporter

A little under a year ago I got my hair cut to 1/4" (about 0.6 cm).

I haven't cut it since then - just trim in front of my ears when I shave.

It used to be dark brown, almost black. Now it's about half gray.

The last couple days I wore it in a pony tail. Today I "washed" it, and am wearing it loose. It's wavy after washing.

"Washing" for me consists of wetting it down, combing it out and towelling it off two or three times, then fluffing and arranging with my fingers. This keeps grease under control without drying out the hair.

I also have a gray mustache and goatee, trimmed to 1/4".

2. jkennedy86

jkennedy86 Guest

Oh God. Me too.

3. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

long blended fringe short back

dark brown

shaved closer along the one side

not emo.

4. iadoreyou

iadoreyou Guest

my hair is mostly ratty backcombed in a half beehive (think amy winehouse but NOT) or done in a mary tyler moore 1950's style. its horribly dead and dry, i've been looking for a decent organic conditioner for what feels like forever!

5. etkearne

etkearne Resident Pharmacologist

Finally got a haircut yesterday. It feels great to not have so much hair. I got it buzzed to a Number 5 on the sides and back, and cut with scissors on the top.

6. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Beyond my butt, almost to where my fingertips hit.
    Straight, natural red with some silvers. Not many, yet.

My care falls under benign neglect.
    I need to get after the worst of the splits.
    But I have tried most things, which is why I run the Flowing Tresses sub forum.

7. etkearne

etkearne Resident Pharmacologist

I got my hair cut a few days ago. The hair cutter kept saying to me, "Gosh, your hair is SO straight!" like ten times. It was very odd. I know that I do have very straight hair, but it must be abnormally straight haha.

The strange part, I suppose, is that usually people with hair as straight as mine tend to be from Scandinavia and Central Europe and tend to have light brown or blonde hair. The fact that my hair is nearly black probably confuses people. But I suppose that will happen since my ancestry is 100% British Isles ancestry. I have a mix of Southern and Northern European traits (trending towards Southern European though). But I do have a few 'typical' Northern Euro traits: the super-straight wispy hair, the small pointy straight nose, the small mouth, and non-brown eyes (they are dark green/yellow). But most of my traits are Southern Euro: blackish hair, thick black eyebrows, big 'almond' shaped eyes, tawny skin tone, etc.

8. noela

noela Members

Chicka, your hair is beautiful!

My hair is a virgin when it comes to dyes, I'm a natural redhead and I've never put anything in it. It's really soft because of this, and it grows like vines. I have bangs, I love side bangs. My hair is currently at my belly button when let all the way down.
    I would say it's my favorite part of myself, because of the length and the colour makes me who I am. :)
    [​IMG]

9. Dejablu

Dejablu Member

I just use Suave shampoo and conditioner. I used to use Pantene until I couldn't afford to buy it anymore :/. I have sort of wavy hair at the ends. So I straighten my hair with a iron. To make it all straight. Otherwise I have hair going in all directions. It seems to have a mind of it's own.

10. DianaBee63

DianaBee63 Member

Really really REALLY curly. Dark brown almost black and down to the small of my back when wet.

11. deleted

deleted Visitor

purple..

12. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Medium length, auburn with some silver and gold strands, thick and naturally wavy.

13. tuesdaystar

tuesdaystar Interneter

Very long and natural color save for the henna in my $1/oz shampoo

I nearly never do a thing to it other than washing, conditioning and brushing

It has occasion to look much nicer than it should given the care I treat it with

It also has occasion to look an unruly mess

Long overdue for a trim th scraggly ends hit my hip bone

14. _Bob_

_Bob_ Una Tana Bibi

Goodness, if it's that long don't cut it....

15. stanburyfam

stanburyfam Member

16. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

umm mine is brown and about 7 inches long and swoops to the side in the front
    kinda surfer-ish style i guess

17. MayQueen~420~

MayQueen~420~ ♫♪♫♪

Hmm...well for starters it's red (most of you already know this), it's naturally wavy and I wash it every other day with REAL shampoo cuz that natural shit makes my hair greasy and frizzy at the same time.

18. MayQueen~420~

MayQueen~420~ ♫♪♫♪

Kinda like Justin Bieber!

19. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Are they splitting, or do you just want to even them up?
    I'd personally add a combing in, in lieu of brushing. Maybe add a couple drops of oil to the ends.

20. Madelyn

Madelyn Guest

Right now my head is shaved. It's about 1/2 inch and I love it. I went from dreads to a dread hawk to short hair then a mohawk and then I shaved off my mohawk. Fuck, I miss my dreads. /: