Smash my ego

Discussion in 'Pure Bull' started by walsh, May 26, 2011.

1. walsh

walsh Senior Member

I want it broken into a million pieces. I want no image of myself at all.

2. Shivaya

Shivaya Y'a rien de trop beau pour la classe ouvrière.

Take 20 hits of acid?

3. walsh

walsh Senior Member

Acid is only temporary, I want a more permanent solution.

4. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Use the psychdelics as a temporary way to find permanence. You can take the lessons you learn from them and apply them to every day life.

5. MayQueen~420~

MayQueen~420~ ♫♪♫♪

Then just date a red headed bitch like me for a few months. That should do the job:2thumbsup: Hope all goes well.

1 person likes this.
  6. Shivaya

Do you meditate?

7. walsh

walsh Senior Member

No, you can't. Having access to a switch to turn off the ego doesn't teach you how to turn it off in the absence of the switch.

That depends on what you mean by meditate. Sitting on the floor with my eyes closed?

8. Shivaya

I don't think the position you are sitting really changes anything... I'll take that as a no.

P.s. I don't think you can always be free of ego. Sounds impossible if you ask me... what are you looking for exactly?

9. walsh

walsh Senior Member

Why would you take it as a no? I didn't say that was what I did, I asked if that was what you meant.

10. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

It is already in a million pieces, each insisting at any one point in the day that it is you and none of them recognizing each other. That is where your conflict comes from.

11. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Teach yourself how to turn it off.

I like this.

12. Fingermouse

Fingermouse Helicase

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0lxbzgwW7I"]YouTube - ‪Size Of The Universe‬‏

13. Oz!

Oz! Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

don't you like who you are? :confused:

14. Shivaya

It's just the way you said it seemed like you were making fun of it so I assumed no.

Ah Dope, you never fait to make me reflect.

15. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

Shiny things

16. PinataPete

PinataPete Member

I don't know if you want your ego to entirely disappear or you'd be more like wind with words, events, and perhaps even motivation losing their connection to you and blowing right on through your being....actually that may turn you into a sage, it'll take some adjustment, but good luck.

Seclude yourself, focus on quieting your mind, live like a hermit for a bit if you can, and yes, trust me, psyches can begin to rob you piece by piece of your permanent ego as well. It just takes a lot of tripping of heroic doses to do so or if you're lucky, one super-intense life-changing trip. Ah, I'm curious of your outcome. Let us know how it goes if time serves you well in the future

17. SweetBlasphemy

SweetBlasphemy Senior Member

A big long hit of Salvia Divinorum/Salvinorin A should give you a pretty good kick start... if you are not permanently changed after Ms. Sally is finished with you, then I don't know what to tell you.

18. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

If you're asking for our help to break your ego, you don't need our help.

But you DO need to understand that having no ego is NOT desirable. Your ego is very important, it's just ALSO very important that your ego is in line with where it should be.

You can improve your ego, but you can't get rid of it. If you had none, you'd be a babbling waste and couldn't even communicate.

Also, psychedelics do NOT break or kill your ego, they delude your ego. You may not even be able to fathom the concept of self on some drugs, but the important fact is that YOU can't fathom that. You're still you, it just short circuts some parts of your brain for a short while, in a manner that can teach those parts of your brain lasting and useful lessons.

So, psychedelic drugs are great if you want to reign in your ego, learn more about it, and gain a better perspective, but you DO need and want a healthy and whole ego.

19. ~xR*Z*Nx~

~xR*Z*Nx~ Member

^^^ True shit,,,,, I don't even think about my ego any more,,, I used to get so hung up on it,,,,,,,, Basically, if you want to let go of your ego,,,, indulge it ;) //// If you let go of your ego,,, you won't be thinking about,, letting go of your ego,,,, you're creating a negative attachment to it, ya?

Learn to say FUCK IT

20. walsh

walsh Senior Member

Any particular reason for all this, or should we just take you on your authority?

It depends on what meaning we give to "ego", but on my interpretation I would have thought that the absence of an ego is simply to see the world as it "is". So when I'm looking at a tree I see the leaves, trunk and branches and not the names of trees I've seen before, comparisons with other trees, how past trees made me feel, accidents i've had with past trees etc... even though I can recall that information as information if I wish. Destroying the image doesn't mean I destroy the ability of my brain to function.