who is your god?

Discussion in 'Hinduism' started by robohobo8, May 17, 2011.

1. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

My experience is that there are flaws in most religious systems. But 'religion' as such isn't what really interests me. I'm more into the idea of individual spirituality than being part of a particular 'in crowd', and more interested in philosophies with a spiritual basis than religious dogma etc.

A Hindu might say that if you directly realized the reality of God, you wouldn't need religion anymore.:sultan:

2. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

good quote!

3. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

My God would not make class distinctions for the job opportunities anyone can have for his education. Some kind of secular religion would still be needed. But on the other hand I am not really for any kind of Sharia Law.

4. www5556

www5556 Member

What is god? Can I get a definition first?

5. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

I am curious. If you believe in supreme authority over the consequences of, call it free motivated dealing of one person with another, why does God's definition make a difference in your contact with, say, strangers, say acquaintances of deliberated business dealing?

6. murritim

murritim Banned

7. Sallysmart

Sallysmart Raynstorm Serenade

He himself but as I see him, not as another would where I need to follow them and their path.