Latest technique for Sudo Extraction from pills?

Discussion in 'Drug Chemistry' started by perstruck, May 12, 2011.

1. perstruck

perstruck Guest

Hi, well there's tons of tek on this but they are all from the last 10 years or so. I noticed even fester's guide was getting a little wierd and indecisive as of 2008.

If SWIM is NOT using a shake n' bake and needs to get some good pure Sudo from pills (ie redhots), is there a good current technique one can point me to that still works with decent yields and will not gaak up a I/P/PSE cook?

Gotas likes this.
  2. oxidationofterra

oxidationofterra Member

try thinking like a chemist. ;) keep SWIM out of this too, its not his fault your posts are nonsensical.. SWIM just doesn't belong here friend.
    now, how about a simple acid/base extraction using a device like a tea strainer with filterpaper in it and powdered pill material in that to contain the binders and crap.. something like those tea jugs with the sliding strainer would be perfect for this i'd imagine. with the binders present these days i'm sure A/B would be less work than pulling your hair out with solubility tinkering.
    this could be tried on small scale to perfect it then scale up..

3. perstruck

perstruck Guest

I can't NOT think like a chemist having a BA in biochem and a PharmD to boot!

But I also took 3 years of German without ever learning a single curse word inside class lol.

So I gather you are saying that A/B is still effective, and to NOT read anything at all into the lack of supported teks since 2008 with all like minded chemists minds combined failing to produce a peer-reviewed and accepted document?

4. perstruck

perstruck Guest

Either way it seems that basing is part of any procedure, and A/B is only distinct from basing and gassing, so it does not really alleviate any of the solvent and procedural concerns.

If you know something, let me know. :afro:

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

its just pseudoephedrine..... its really not difficult to crank it up.. lets dance..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0qBaBb1Y-U"]YouTube - Phil Collins - Sussudio (Official Video)

6. oxidationofterra

oxidationofterra Member

it's clear cut. what with all that experience you should be able to come up with something, man.
    play with the strainer idea. i'll say that i know this works with the material available here (have no idea if its the same as yours) so if not this, some modification should work for you too. experiment is always ultimate.
    take your powdered material, place in tea-plunger equiped jug, (stainless steel type with mesh) apply filter paper cut to diameter of strainer to underside of plunger, acidify DH2O to PH4 using 37% hcl (or whatever is available acetic acid should suffice) add to jug.
    plunge the hell out of this for as long as needed, with no heating at all.
    push plunger all the way to the bottom to contain binders/crap.
    pour off acidic solution. wash with organic solvent x3 (while acidic to remove dissolved organic solubles)
    basify to required PH very slowly dont go too high.
    add organic solvent, wash, remove, repeat, usual shite.
    combined extracts washed with sodium bicarbonate solution then with saturated aqueous sodium chloride x2 then gassed or titrated.

i mean serious dude its a -mixture- your separating. they can only put so many things in the pills, and each can be removed by simple physical changes or ion density changes.
    i figured this out from messing with the ones available to me.
    not from any instruction.

and i'm no chemist or biologist.

7. perstruck

perstruck Guest

:mickey:That sounds wonderfully simple for otc ephedrine diet pills wherever you are. No way in hell it'll work for U.S. red hots. These fillers have been added systematically over years specifically to thwart this effort, and some are indeed extremely clever. Some mimic P's solubility, others mimic it's behavior at pH, others respond drastically to lye and some have multiple solubilities remaining in all layers. A good yield is a complicated set of procedures in which order and strategy are paramount. We really can't just acidify and buffer as you suggest anymore. Not here, and not with these.

Now if you wanna send me some of those you're working with I'm all too happy to welcome them!

8. oxidationofterra

oxidationofterra Member

well then.. it seems to me like its time for you to move to something less ridiculously demanding, which yields something other than a horrible life destroying animal like this peticular product.
    it seems as if psychedelic amphs would be the way i would turn. seems to be less hassle for far better product. what with the essential oils so available and all. why not synth some 2,4,5-TMA or MMDA for the masses? i'm sure they'd like it more anyway, less violence and what have you.. honestly if it has become that hard, i think its time to modify the game my friend...

9. perstruck

perstruck Guest

... and let them win?

It's true you don't know me.. but you REALLY don't know ME lmao :devil:

Seriously thanks for trying to help though. Someone out there has something.

10. oxidationofterra

oxidationofterra Member

how would this be letting them win?? are you talking about the government? or the families of the fucked up addicts it ends with?
    in my opinion cheaper precursor- namely essential oil and a *more valuble*, *less damaging* and rarer product- psychedelic amphs, equals all bonuses in your (fantasy) endeavour.

the place you may find answers if you can trick those there into telling you what you seek is -sciencemadness.com- i'll tell you though you won't be able to be specific.

11. perstruck

perstruck Guest

I'm a regular contributor ;)

12. deleted

deleted Visitor

Welcome to Hip Forum..

13. Psychotropic3D

Psychotropic3D Members

If your talking about red sudafed pills, preparing for I/RP cook.
    Just crush pills and place in a jug of denatured alcohol for at least 8 hours, filter and slowly heat off denatured alcohol over hotplate(no flame) in a well ventilated area, careful not to burn pseudo at the end while alcohol evaporates off. Be careful it's flammable.