Isopropyl

Discussion in 'Potent Potables' started by IllCanabillyVanilly, May 1, 2011.

1. IllCanabillyVanilly

IllCanabillyVanilly Senior Member

I have been doing some research on Isopropyl, the alcohol used for rubbing alcohol. What I've read says that when ingested, isopropyl produces effects similar to ehtanol. I've read that as long as you dose carefully, you CAN get drunk on rubbing alcohol.

However, this is providing you have rubbing alcohol with limited inactives. Isopropyl is commonly mistaken for methanol, which is the alcohol that makes you go blind and is an inactive ingredient in some rubbing alcohols.

So basically from what I can gather, isopropyl is poisionous in the sense that ethanol is poisonous - overdoing it can cause bad side effects.

I am not advising anyone to run to their medicine cabinet and start chugging rubbing alcohol, not at all. However, I am curious about its effects so I will take a small quantity and report back to let you guys know how its goung.

The isopropyl i have is relatively pure, with water being the only inactive.

2. deleted

deleted Visitor

dont drink it... it will really burn your belly..

3. Burnt

Burnt Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Just buy a pint of McCORMICK vodka, it's just a little more expensive, but a bit safer.

4. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Get some gbl/ghb if youre looking for an alcohol alternative.

5. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

its crazy flammable ..one time I had it all over my hands (99%) ..I use to help with joint pain..and I passed my hand too close to a candle lol

6. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

this doesnt sound good for you

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isopropyl_alcohol

7. IllCanabillyVanilly

I drank a shot a while ago. Starting to feel the effects. Intense euphoria and a drunkenness similar to when I drink a 12 pack.

Things are going ok so far. However, I will NOT be ingesting any more.

8. deleted

deleted Visitor

9. IllCanabillyVanilly

Lol. Just so you guys know, I didnt deliberately ignore your warnings. I had been watching tv and waiting for the effects.

10. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

It's a lot more toxic than ethanol alcohol, seriously dude, not worth it . . . there's a reason no one does this!

11. force_of_acid

force_of_acid Member

I guess you don't have much experience with euphoric drugs if you find alcohol very euphoric.

Instead of drinking isopropyl alcohol you should look into something great compared to it..... like ..... nutmeg .... or practically anything else:D?

12. deleted

deleted Visitor

have you even or ever considered your behavior may endanger other people?.....

13. easygoing

easygoing conservative jerk

Is anyone else concerned that was OP's last post?

14. deleted

deleted Visitor

naw,.. Claims One shot.. not really enough, but enough to make him think twice the next time..

15. IllCanabillyVanilly

Im fine. havent been on because I have a slow internet connection and I really only come on when Im bored. It wasnt bad but it wasnt great either. No hangover or any noticable side effects but im not gonna try it again.

to force of acid: i have done psychedelics and other euphoric drugs. however, lower doses of alcohol do help with my social anxiety and give me a nice euphoric feeling too

16. dutchblood87

dutchblood87 Member

chug like 8 bottles of it so people like us don't have to read about dumbasses posting dumb shit on the forums...for christ' sake, drink so real booze...it's people like you that make it hard for people like me to bring axe deodorant into a psych ward b/c it contains alcohol..

17. IllCanabillyVanilly

i can get real booze any time. it was an experiment i wanted to try.

why dont you go try fucking yourself.

18. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

This. Handle for 13 bucks ;)

OP: don't be a dumbass. Isopropanol causes much of the same damage as methanol and other higher alcohols. Methanol gets you drunk too, and it's pretty stupid to drink, too.

Iso is NOT safe to ingest. It's used for "rubbing alcohol" because it's not as readily absorbed through the skin as methanol, as I understand it.

Sounds like your idea of research is wikipedia. So go to the methanol page, and look at it's first effects-they're the same as ethanol, too.

If you want to get drunk for cheap (I'm assuming you're underage and/or broke) and don't care about your health (you obviously don't) check out butanol and the other "dvd coating" and similar industrial alcohols. It works out to about 2 beers worth of drunk for a penny, as I recall. But it's also very easy to go too far with it, be VERY careful with the dosing. And no body knows SHIT about the long term effects, other than that it's PROBABLY much more damaging to your liver, brain, and other organs than ethanol. But a fuckton safer than iso.

Or go buy some fucking diethyl ether. ANYTHING but iso.

19. !!oqia97Qkr6l

!!oqia97Qkr6l Member

Oh, isopropyl alcohol hurts.. When I was in a juvenile work camp, a bunch of us decided to mix hand sanitizer (whose main constituent was isopropyl alcohol) with our Kool-Aid to get drunk.. Let me tell you, I was fucked up. But the next day I had to mop, and I just about died.. Then, I started on some chew that got smuggled in, and I literally was incapacitated by my nausea and vomiting.
    Trust me, this is a bad way to go about getting off.
    Of course, I don't like alcohol at all, but this is the worst for sure.

20. deleted

deleted Visitor