Japan Disaster! Hit By 9.0 Earthquake, Huge Tsunami, Nukes Meltdown

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by skip, Mar 11, 2011.

1. lunarverse

lunarverse The Living End

It was the fifth strongest since 1900.

2. McLeodGanja

McLeodGanja Banned

The system they have for keeping it cool is failing for some reason is all I know. So I am guessing it could explode if they don't fire the power up soon. Just said on the BBC that about 2-300 bodies have washed up somewhere.

3. Oz!

Oz! Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

the problem is that one of teh cooling systems have failed ....... they can't get electricity to power it

4. ThePepsiSyndrome

ThePepsiSyndrome Member

I was watching the first wave move across Japan live last night also. The people in the building that were being destroyed had no time to get away. The final death toll will probably be more than I can wrap my mind around.

Is this supposed to be funny? I'm not too sure, I slept very little last night.:(

5. Shirahime

Shirahime Member

Well from what I heard on the news in regards to the Nuclear Power Station that's having problems, is that they've managed to get one of the two naff reactors "under control." I highly doubt this for some reason. If it all isn't sorted, we may have another Chernobyl on our hands. -_-

I've also stopped freaking out so much about me boyfriend's family in Hawaii and also him in San Francisco.

6. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

No, there won't be, don't even say that because it makes people who don't know anything more about nuclear power than OMG ATOMS start freaking out. Chernobyl was a terrible design that would've never been legal in any western nation, for one thing it has a positive temperature coefficient which meant in an extremely unlikely chain of events that the core could reach the energy of dynamite and explode(Chernobyl wasn't a nuclear reaction) but it didn't even have a containment building.

Chernobyl by the laws of physics can't happen in any nation that's not the former Soviet Union. A meltdown is not a Chernobyl, it's exactly what it sounds like, when the nuclear material loses it's cooling systems it becomes hot enough that it begins to melt. And frankly in the very unlikely case all backup systems fail and there is a meltdown, I don't care, again this isn't the Soviet Union, we containment buildings in the west(well technically east for Japan), with several layers of protection, even if the core melted down it'd still have to go through a ridiculous amount of layers before even reaching the ground.

7. PB_Smith

PB_Smith Huh? What? Who, me?

Pretty amazing coincidence, not much more. Problem is she's putting the horse before the cart.
    astrophysicist guy said Quake caused Earth axis shift, she thinks a comet caused the shift and thereby the quakes. She needs to go back and watch that news interview again.

But yeah, I'm sure she is bouncing of the walls now screaming "SEE, I TOLD YA!!!"

8. Shirahime

Shirahime Member

Yeah I been reading up on it since I got back home from work.

9. skip

skip Founder Administrator

Yes, the Ring of Fire is very active right now. Two earthquakes in Chile, two earthquakes in New Zealand, now this in Japan all in a relatively short period. Looks like the entire ring has started to shift. And if you look at the list of earthquakes in Japan you'll know it's still going on, with the quakes moving around the ring.

Ever since the big Chile quake I've been looking for signs of other activity along the Pacific ring and there has been plenty as you can see!

10. antithesis

antithesis Hello

This is so sad and it is also frightening since it shows us that nature really is in charge here.

I will be praying for those affected and also praying that the tsunami on the west coast where I am is not so bad and since my whole family is in Hawaii I hope they are ok as well.

11. Meliai

Meliai Banned

This might sound bad but all I keep thinking is thank god this happened in Japan and not one if its poorer neighboring nations. The infrastructure in Japan is strong enough to withstand this with a relatively low death toll. If this happened somewhere else the death toll and damage could have been much worse.

12. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

amazing videos of the quake and tsunami being shown on the news networks

13. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

that helicopter shot is mindblowing

14. def zeppelin

def zeppelin All connected

15. jmt

jmt Ezekiel 25:17

Does haarp really have such powers? I mean it is by Japan.

16. rambleON

rambleON Coup

My gut and some research, as well as some public officials coming out and openly stating that, yes it does have those powers -and it's exactly why it was created.

HARRP exists and it does cause many of the 'natural disasters' we have been seeing lately.

Dont' ask how, but why are they doing this ?

And I will say this. If the Illuminati and the blood lines take the bible as true words of God and are actually taking the time and effort to fulfill the prophecies of Jesus's scribes as told in the Bible then shouldn't we ? It's all true. They are aligned with Satan the fallen angle who will even deceive them in the end- though they think he will spare them their wishes (Jesus is coming and he has God, we have god. They have a morning star. That's it).

But they will bring in a false messiah and we are seeing the tricks they are pulling.

No, I'm not crazy one bit.

17. deleted

deleted Visitor

.... seriously..

18. rambleON

rambleON Coup

Ori, who said that in your quote ?

19. antithesis

antithesis Hello

I wonder why people want to disbelieve in the power of nature? I guess people just want to think that people are in charge of everthing.

20. skip

skip Founder Administrator

The Nuclear Reactor is leaking radiation. At the moment they say the area surrounding the plant is showing 1,000 times normal radiation. They say that still is a nominal amount. Remember that this reactor is very old, I think someone said 47 years old or such. So it might not have all the builtin safeguards as newer ones (like extra containment).