Shoplifting?

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by originallymasked, Mar 1, 2011.

1. OldLodgeSkins

OldLodgeSkins Member

Isn't it astounding the mental gyrations that people will go to in order to justify stealing or whatever? I have no love lost with Walmart or any of those, but stealing is stealing, darlin'. If you don't see that, you're missing something really important in your moral makeup.

You really think you're "punishing" Walmart for their sins? What you're doing is forcing them to raise their prices to cover the losses, and who is really being "punished" in that case?

2. KeithBC

KeithBC Member

Yes, that.

Taking that which is not given is bad karma. It doesn't matter whom you take it from.

3. SunnyHappyVegan

SunnyHappyVegan Member

Having worked in a supermarket chain, I didn't give a crap about people not paying for things. It was a store- a machine, had no feelings... No matter how many people got away with water bottle 24 packs by going to me, I still got the same ol' pay check.
    Stealing a few things from Big Business is totally fine. They deserve it. They're making billions off of cheap labor. And the people who work there probably won't see a difference.
    Anyhow, I personally don't shop at Walmart.

4. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Yeah, I've seldom seen employees at shitty box stores really care about theft, I've even seen them provide cover or signs of encouragement to general hell rasing or thievery. (you can have lots of fun in walmart, if you know how.... And you don't even have to steal shit, or buy it, for that matter)

5. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

If you wanna steal, don't let me stop you. But I promise you, if you steal you'll never be welcome at my pad. If you steal from Wal Mart what keeps you from stealing from one of your brothers?

6. FreshDacre

FreshDacre Senior Member

I used to shoplift lighters all the time, all sorts of dodads from flea markets, lighters from rite aid, hundreds of visines, all sorts of hard alch, one time got away with jacking a half gallon JDs from safeway, only got caught a few times, not much happened, I think back when i was like 12 it was the worst chap down I got, me and my friend jacked some lighters and some lady saw and told on us (fn bitch) yeah then an employee ran after us and took us in we had to like talk to cops and stuff, I think they let us off with a warning or something that didn't matter lol.

Another time I got caught trying to steal alchy the employee was like HEYY what do you have in your backpack I was like ummm liquor? I knew i was caught i was like 16 this time then the guy was like put it back, my managers here, come back in like an hour when shes gone LOL. Swear to god that happened he was way chillun.

I have stolen approx. 25-35 bottles before, I actually pulled a jack and run a couple times lol. Yeah i do mean a couple. I forgot this is one of my chap down moments. One time i did it all clean and the discount whiskey was right by the door and the cashier was not even at the counter, so i got away clean it was a fucking rush fo sho.

The OTHER one lol, was at a different liquor store, i was trying to jack and run a fith of captain, I just grab it and immediately run as fast as i could, but he just ran after me towards the door as I was running that way, I swear the chinese guy clerk just TACKES me and holds me by my shirt like the punk i was he was like WHO IS YOUR FRIEND??? Just asking me that over and over again because my friend would do that a few times before to this store, and he did it with captains too, I guess thats how i got the idea, but yeah he made me tell my name and shit I just completely lied to him and told him the first name that came to my mind and it was a name of an aquaintence i had in jr high and that kid got pissed when we told him all that the next day lol I didn't care tho. The chinese guy was like YOU ARE LYIINGG I was like no im nott you got what you wanted then he finally let me go after i gave him that name and a bs phone number LOL. What crazzyy times :D

I only got caught a couple other random times which I dont really remember because they didn't make a big deal about it. If I tried pulling that kinda shit now idk id get in a lot of trouble since im not a kid lol.
    So yea my opinion is that its cool to do from big commercial stores, IF you gonna get away with it, and IF you are a teenager. Otherwise its kinda lame lol.

7. snowtiggernd

snowtiggernd Member

Shoplifting is stealing. I have a low opinion of stealing..Means your not that trustworthy. As far as corporations stealing from us, well stealing because they do just puts you at their level...Low...Rise above them..

8. Scorpio Kenny

Scorpio Kenny Church of the Good Earth - ArchBishop

I love that people boast here about being thieves. We ain't letting them get anywhere near us or around anyone that we know. Way are you even in this forum??? What a spaz. DUH.

I make a living at Flea markets. Always have. The cops have never cared how much I hurt you for stealing from me or any of my neighbors at a flea market. I use to carry a 13 inch Bowie knife at flea markets just to ward off people who thought they were cute. Or skilled.

Today I use throwing star rather than a Big knife because the knife will kill you in a heart beat and the stars may may not go all the way through you. Ya might actually live.

Other folks just use guns, so beware.

You're not getting within 500 yards of anyone that I know. Or any of my friends.
    Muuuuwwaaaahaaawhaaaww

9. Scorpio Kenny

Scorpio Kenny Church of the Good Earth - ArchBishop

Never hang with speed freaks or junkies. Everything will be gone.

It was true in the sixties and it's true now.

speed freaks or junkies will clean you out. It's only a matter of time till the habit gets bad enough.

It was true in Egyptian times. And it's still true today.

10. jjjj1234

jjjj1234 Member

11. FreshDacre

FreshDacre Senior Member

I dont give a fuck who you steal from as long as I don't know them/like them, do whatever the fuck you want, otherwise there will be trouble ;)
    Its not my karma its theirs right so who cares then :p

12. Hoppípolla

Hoppípolla Senior Member

It's actually really good fun. I MEAN... who said that? lol :)

Nah it's ok, but I got caught, got dragged back by police (I was like 16 as well) and I don't think I've done it since. As you grow up it sounds less and less appealing, as at least in my case I reason that I should be mature enough not to!!

So yeah.. I mean I had a bit of fun doing it but I wouldn't recommend it as you can get in trouble and that, and very few things are worth STEALING for. Additionally, IMO it's much worse to steal from smaller businesses and of course from individual people than massive faceless corporations (I probably wouldn't worry too much about that to be honest, but I can't be bothered to do it as it's not worth the time and effort).

That's my 2 cents :)

13. erzebet1961

erzebet1961 Senior Member

Theres right and wrong , and stealing is wrong.
    The only time I can even think of that there could be a shade of gray is if your lifting food to feed a child...

14. def zeppelin

def zeppelin All connected

No one can blame a person who steals because they are hungry. But if you're shoplifting for the heck of it then it's wrong.

15. SunnyHappyVegan

SunnyHappyVegan Member

Lol, I also would double the amount of reusable bags a person brought so s/he got more change off. Didn't make much of a difference (only 2 cents a piece), but it was a good way to reward people for caring. :)
    Of course, hardly anybody brought their own bags..:(

16. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

More businesses are these days have really stepped up thier game to target this kind of thing. They actually monitor the screens the whole time, have plain clothed security walking on the floor and observing customers, etc. It's just a stupid thing to do. I hope you listen to what folks are telling you here, know one here is going to encourage you to do this. Hate to see you go to the "booty house" over something foolish as shoplifting.

17. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

Most prolific shoplifters are well known to various stores and the police etc.......if you only shoplifted very selectively & in different stores you quite likely could get away with it, but that isn't what most big time sl'ers do.

18. Reverand JC

Reverand JC Willy Fuckin' Wonka

If you are a hippie it is stupid to shoplift. Especially if you look like a hippie. Your clothes and demeanor generally call attention to you.

C/S,
    Rev J

19. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

this thread is so old, OP's already out of jail by now.

1 person likes this.
  20. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Walmart has already assumed a percent of their stock will be stolen or be damaged and unable to sell. It's called "shrinkage". If you steal or do not steal Walmart is charging the same price. Even if the store is below the expected shrink rate the savings is not passed on the customer. The managers in the department MIGHT get a bonus but probably not even that. This is why people don't feel bad they have already taken care of it and Walmart is known for being very greedy. Anyone remember that old Sienfield "they write it off Jerry" it's the same idea here.

I'm not supporting theft but if anyone can handle it it is Walmart. Each of the Walton kids is worth around 18 billion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEL65gywwHQ