Can somebody please tell me how to pronounce my mantra?

Discussion in 'Hinduism' started by ironmaiden54, Feb 28, 2011.

1. ironmaiden54

ironmaiden54 Guest

Hi, My mantra is Om aim saraswatyai namaha, can somebody please help me to pronounce it properly.

2. Fingermouse

Fingermouse Helicase

Maybe invent one that you can pronounce, like "fruitcakes" or "nuts".

3. willedwill

willedwill Member

Mantra was meant to be imposed and settled in the consciousness of one's instead undeserved Ego. So you pronounce it, and find out for yourself that your teacher has tricked you to feel that you are "NOT YOURSELF". :afro:

4. Fingermouse

Fingermouse Helicase

:confused: I kind of like being myself.

5. Chodpa

Chodpa Senior Member

good mantra
    ask ashley ferrand - he has an email

OM IM SARASWATYAI NAMAHA

6. OceanStar

OceanStar Member

Perhaps this video may help a bit?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4AbqzSbBZE"]Saraswati Mantra (esp. for musicians & artists) - 108 Reps - YouTube

:)

7. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

Who says so? I mean, who says that's your mantra?

Usual practice would be for one giving a mantra to repeat it to you.......the tradition is for the Guru to give the mantra to the disciple by chanting it, or repeating it into her /his ear.

However, it doesn't really matter what mantra you use.
    If you just say Ma Ma Ma etc with the right attitude and faith and consciousness it would be enough.:sunny:

God God God, Jesus Jesus Jesus - all the names of the divine have power if repeated with sincerity and if at all possible, love.:daisy:

But people like to keep it all so complicated.

8. gdkumar

gdkumar Member

Hare Krishna!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ironmaiden54 [​IMG]
    Hi, My mantra is Om aim saraswatyai namaha, can somebody please help me to pronounce it properly.

Who says so? I mean, who says that's your mantra?

Usual practice would be for one giving a mantra to repeat it to you.......the tradition is for the Guru to give the mantra to the disciple by chanting it, or repeating it into her /his ear.

However, it doesn't really matter what mantra you use.
    If you just say Ma Ma Ma etc with the right attitude and faith and consciousness it would be enough.:sunny:

God God God, Jesus Jesus Jesus - all the names of the divine have power if repeated with sincerity and if at all possible, love.:daisy:

But people like to keep it all so complicated.
    ..................................................................................................

Dear BBB,

You are wonderful ! You said exactly what I had wanted.

And dear ironmaiden54, does it really matter how a baby starts calling his mother ? The mother knows alright what you are trying to say. Others may laugh out but She will take care to correct you in due course. BBB is absolutely right saying that it is more important that you concentrate on your God with all love, respect and focus of mind.

Love,

Kumar.

9. BlackBillBlake

GD Kumar -

As you well know, I'm only another seeker after the Divine. I say what I say advisedly, and as it has been put to me, and I've been more or less obliged to accept thanks to actual experience.

While I have to agree that I am indeed wonderful:bobby:, if so it's only because of the Divine who dwells within 'me' as the soul, Atman, or psychic being that I even exist at all.
    I think I'm very far from any kind of perfection - I am in fact quite a bad character in many ways. But I think that the Mother accepts us as we are, provided that we are sincere.

The thing is, I just want these kids to avoid 'occult' type thinkng whne it comes to Japa, or repititioin of mantra or divine names. It's true enough that certain sanskrit words have a kind of power, but the main thing is as you say to concentrate with love and full presenece of mind. Then, all becomes possible, and He will manifest Himself to us in due course.

10. gdkumar

gdkumar Member

Hare Krishna,

Originally posted by BBB...........

"
    GD Kumar -

As you well know, I'm only another seeker after the Divine. I say what I say advisedly, and as it has been put to me, and I've been more or less obliged to accept thanks to actual experience.

While I have to agree that I am indeed wonderful:bobby:, if so it's only because of the Divine who dwells within 'me' as the soul, Atman, or psychic being that I even exist at all.
    I think I'm very far from any kind of perfection - I am in fact quite a bad character in many ways. But I think that the Mother accepts us as we are, provided that we are sincere.

The thing is, I just want these kids to avoid 'occult' type thinkng whne it comes to Japa, or repititioin of mantra or divine names. It's true enough that certain sanskrit words have a kind of power, but the main thing is as you say to concentrate with love and full presenece of mind. Then, all becomes possible, and He will manifest Himself to us in due course. "
    ....................................................................................................

Dear BBB,

There is something wrong with me. How did I miss this beautiful post all these days ? It's simply wonderful and I hope the kids take a good note of such posts to make real good advancement without reading any thick book.

I would only further add that only when you are 100 % imperfect and sincerely cry for help, the mother comes running. After all, a hundred per cent imperfect baby only gets into the lap of the mother and becomes complete and one with her. As the perfections start coming, so does the ego and mother leaves you to go on your own.

Let us all try best to get rid of all our ego and realise actually how helpless we are. Cry out loud for the divine to come and rescue us. It never fails anybody.

Love,

Kumar.

11. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

Thanks for you love Kumar.

12. indydude

indydude Senior Member

Two syllable mantra's work best.. hahm-so. The last part of your mantra sounds cool. 'namaha'

13. gdkumar

gdkumar Member

Hare Krishna!

Dear Fairlight,

Many thanks for your post with the kind words.

Love,

Kumar.

14. BlackBillBlake

He is a man with much love....

15. FritzDaKatx2

FritzDaKatx2 Vinegar Taster

OMG! :rofl: <-- that has to do something right? ( : rofl : )

I've always preferred "Mel-a-to-nin" myself. :D

16. Chidanandji

Chidanandji Guest

ironmaiden54 i think you should not tell anybody which is your mantra... the Mantra (if given you by a Guru) is a Holy personal and secret thing, between you and your Guru.. this is what i learned in india..

17. BlackBillBlake

If they got the mantra from a guru surely they'd know how to poronounce it?

18. Chidanandji

Chidanandji Guest

not for sure,..

19. NamasteZion

NamasteZion Guest

Points of truth :
    1. it does matter what mantra you use, mantras are doors to dimensions.
    2. pronunciation is not of incredible importance but it has to be within the realms of similarity to how it is supposed to sound, like om cannot be wazzaboo, om is om, aim is I'm, sarah-swah-tee-yay-nam-ah-ha , or swaha if over age 25
    3. when you approach 150,000 reptitions the light will be rather bright , but as to when profound results happen is your own or perhaps the gurus "best clue" , so practice each day, short mantras are easy to do at least 108 X 5 a day, longer ones like the gayatri take more time.

20. Chodpa

Chodpa Senior Member

saraswati is a fantastic ishta - stick with her