Kratom?

Discussion in 'Exotic Psychedelic Plants' started by Nocturnes, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Nocturnes

Nocturnes Member

I was thinking about ordering some kratom, but what is it like? I've literally tried all opiates, and love them. Opiates have a huge addictive potential for me, so from what Ive heard kratom could be a nice substitute. What are its effects, and is it worth buying?

2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Keep in mind I'm not an opiate user...

Kratom is ok, wasn't too strong of a high but definitely an enjoyable one. I forget my doses but I seemed to have almost 2 separate highs. The first time I did it, I had some stimulation initially, which after like 20-30 minutes settled down to a chilled out high. The other times it was more like an opiate, just chilled out and content. For me it was probably on par with a couple vicodins, Its really good when combined with weed.

3. G0dm4ch1n3

G0dm4ch1n3 Senior Member

Its extremely tame if you are comparing it to any pharmaceutical opiate. They are nothing alike. With extracts and enhanced kratom, maybe you can achieve a high that may rivial a lortab or percocet but I just don't have the experience to back that up.

I've been taking two teaspoons, approximately 10 grams, of sumatra red vein and it's a nice chill mellow feel but i am not fucked up in the least bit. It doesn't remind me of any pill at all.

I also have some sumatra white vein, borneo red vein, and green malay. They all have subtle differences. I find the white vein to be more stimulating while the green malay to be a good medium well rounded feel and the sumatra red vein to be more sedating and warm.

It all depends on strain and dose. Light doses of kratom seem to start out more stimulating then taper off to a chill feel while heavy doses go straight for the chill relaxed feel. But it can easily make you sick and puke your guts up, esp bali.

You kinda just have to experiment around and find which ones you like better.

4. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I should mention I did have an extract but I don't recall which particular type of kratom. Stuff tastes pretty awful btw.

5. G0dm4ch1n3

G0dm4ch1n3 Senior Member

I mix it with yogurt and I think it tastes pretty good. First bite is a lil bitter but then its yum. Tastes like unsweetened green tea. Mixes well with key lime pie yogurt. Just ate 4 grams of sumatra red vein and 6 grams of green malay. Can't wait to try some indo and MD.

6. OhSoDreadful

OhSoDreadful Childish Idealist

It stimulated me, I didn't even know it was supposed to be an opiate lol

7. G0dm4ch1n3

G0dm4ch1n3 Senior Member

Low doses tend to be stimulating and it seems some strains are just stimulating. Everyone says that the super indo and maeng da (sp?) Is the most euphoric and sedating. Out of the sampler pack I got from deep jungle I find the sumatra red vein and to a lesser extent the green malay are the best at 7+ grams. The sumatra white vein was more stimulating to me and I haven't tried the borneo red vein yet b/c its a bali strain and bali strains are known for makin some people sick.

8. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I don't think it's really a true opiate, I think it's actually closer to like a tryptamine like iboga but the two drugs kind of focus in on different receptors and kratom goes towards opiate receptors.

9. Mr.Good Cat

Mr.Good Cat Member

I would give it a shot, order an oz and see for yourself. Like everyone here is saying, it is kind of like a low dose of opiate (i would say like 2 vic's).. I only tryed one strain, i forgot what it was called but it is the cheaper of the 3 most commonly found on the sites that sell it.

I would normally take a half spoon full and dump it out on the back of my tong, then wash it down with a drink (if you do it like this do a small amount at a time so it goes down easier) . I put it on the back of my tong so i don't tast it, b/c like people have mentioned it does taste like shit. I made a tea once, it tasted like shit, so i just ate it to get it over with faster and that ended up being the best method for me.

I use to drink poppy tea to help me sleep and hoped this would be a good substitute, it wasn't. I would end up waking in the middle of the night b/c of it's stimulative effects at low doses.

Even though i didn't love it, i was high on it every day for about a month. It cost about 40 bucks, not a bad deal if you think about it. I stopped b/c i ran out and never had the desire to buy more, so i don't think it is that physically addictive if at all. O i forgot to mention i get a slight hangover from it, just a little head ache is all. Good luck and stay safe

I rem what it was now, it was the Bali Powder. I chose the powder over the leaves b/c i believe you want it ground up as much as possible to extract faster in a tea or what ever it is in.

10. G0dm4ch1n3

G0dm4ch1n3 Senior Member

Be careful mixing it with opiates. I took about 10 grams of the green malay and sumatra white vein (mixed not each) this morning then snorted a quarter of an Opana 40 and I swear I felt like I mainlined some H. I mean, I've never done H but I was soooo fucked up when usually a quarter of O 40 would barely do anything. I was nodding out, cross eyed, the whole shabang. I was just curious what it would be like to mix the two and was really surprised of the outcome. I could see how it could have been pretty dangerous. I'm glad I didn't do more than that qtr.

11. transducer

transducer Member

Heh I've taken 5 or so heaping teaspoons of the stuff and I had an extremely strong opiate buzz, was sweating and nauseous.

IIRC Kratom has 2 different alkaloids. In smaller amounts one stimulates you and then in larger amounts the other one takes over and opiates you out.
    Farmers in Thailand and Malaysia chew the leaves for stimulant effects.

It's certainly worth a try.

12. Cleansedreality

Cleansedreality Member

I had 1.5g(split 3g of black label with a friend) in a big glass of orange juice and felt awesome. I never tried an opiate for recreation before that so it was a pleasant, new experience.

Then we had a huge sesh while it was at it's peak and I somehow passed out for a few seconds and had an intense dream like vision with one of my spirit guides... Then I was on the floor when I woke up. it was fucked, but I think it might have had something to do with hotboxing my tiny stoner room, with incense ablaze, with no fresh air that had something to do with it lol

Anywho, If you decide to try it it's pretty chill.

13. samson smith

samson smith Banned

Kratom is most useful medical herb. You use it when you suffer from pain and also use it for your relax. There are many more advantages of kratom. You buy it from online stores that provide good quality kratom.

14. Aalina

Aalina Member

Kratom is well known around the world for its numerous health benefits.I love the effects of kratom.

15. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Actually, there are a few different strains of Kratom.

The one I have increases energy and reduces pain.

16. Sathariel

Sathariel Members

Sorry to necro an old thread but I'm posting for posterity.
    First off, I am an expert when it comes to kratom. I have sourced many many kilos from many different suppliers and at point was a vendor. I have several trees add well.Here are the facts:
    First off, the strains:
    There is a lot of poor information regarding this so I won't ggo into too great of detail. Needless to say, what most people refer to as strains are not different strains at all. They are all the same strain. What gives them their name is where they were harvested, what time of year, and maturity of tree. Green, red, and white.
    This is the same idea as with vegetables. You can ttaste a tomato grown in california vs one grown in Oklahoma and notice a big difference. Even if grown from the same seeds. Also, you will prefer one over the other. Generally speaking, if named correctly and the vendor/exporter are honest:
    Red=more relaxing, analgesic, calming, smoother internal thought process
    White=more energetic, uplifting, caffeinated feeling
    Green=between red and white. Takes longer to take effect but lasts longer. Up to 8 hours.
    Bali=usually a euphemism for "leftovers". What's left is mixed together. Some suppliers remove the vein from each leaf. Those are saved as well. Sometimes sold as "stem and vein" and sometimes mixed with leaves that didn't fall into the other three categories.
    Maeng da=literally means "pimp's grade". Was taken from very mature trees and felt very euphoric. There is no real maeng da anymore. Anything you see advertised as such is a lie. Suppliers in Indonesia will lie to domestic vendors. It doesn't exist anymore.
    Now when you see a color followed by a location i.e. White Sumatra, green maylay, etc
    that is to indicate where the kratom was harvested. Sumatra, Malaysia, Thai are the most common. Kratom is illegal in Thailand. If you wanna get pissed off, read about the Thailand kratom act!
    Anyway, you may also come across some of these rare breeds:
    Horned=trees that experienced trauma at some point may grow little points around the edge of their leaves. They will also produce more alkaloids. Real horned kratom is not easy to come by. Another one of those euphemisms.
    Riau=another rarity from the island of Riau. If you see it as advertised as such, it is most likely true. Very good kratom.
    Super-green=another very good kratom and very common as well. It is from well nourished trees.
    There's more but maybe not worth mentioning. But all of your kratom should be a shade of green. If it is brown, it is the incorrect but related M. javinica. Tastes likelike barf and has no effect.
    A few other things:
    •A good indication that a vendor is honest is that their Bali is less expensive than the other types they sell. However, keep in mind that misinformation on the vendor's partpart is usually not their fault and they themselves have been lied to.
    •There are no "farms" or "plantations". This is one I hear a lot. Locals get paid to go into the forest/jungle and pick leaves. Often children and elderly. End of story. This would be like having a pine tree plantation in Oregon. Kratom grows literally eeverywhere over there.
    •never buy extracts. Period. Unless you like horrifying opiate-like withdrawals.
    •there are other actual strains but unless you are buying a live plant, you will only come across the Rifat strain.
    •most exporters/harvesters leave the stem in vein in the leaves nowadays. That is perfectly OK.
    •if you plan on taking kratom everyday, have some stem and vein on hand if you can find it. Its great for withdrawals in case you run out.
    •kratom is physically addicting. If taken everyday, you will become addicted. Almost everyone, including myself, feels that this is a small price to pay for the drastic improvement in quality of life.
    •kratom withdrawals can be mitigated with large doses of loperamide (imodium). Start with 4 times recommended dose and take with 2tsps of black pepper. Work your way up from there until you experience relief. Loperamide is very safe and very difficult to overdose. But will make you constipated. Sorry about that.
    •kratom withdrawal symptoms include severe restless leg syndrome and "the yawns". Oh god, the yawns are horrible. Do not take prescription opioid medications for withdrawals. You'll be sorry.
    •it is physically impossible to fatally overdose on kratom. (Barring extracts)The worst case scenario is vomiting and "the wobbles" for 2hours or so.
    •unlike prescription opioids, once you hit your working dose, you will not build more of a tolerance and will not need to further increase your dose. My dose has been two tsps for years and years now and I still get the same effects as I did 10 years ago.

I would be happy to answer any questions.

Buddyweiser232 and skip like this.
  17. Buddyweiser232

Buddyweiser232 Members

m
    thank you