Judism/christian and Islam worship the same god?

Discussion in 'Sanctuary' started by jmt, Feb 12, 2011.

1. jmt

jmt Ezekiel 25:17

Why would a god have two seperate religion with completely two different books to worship him?

sound like ones an imposter.

1 person likes this.
  2. def zeppelin

def zeppelin All connected

I always saw the Quran as the complete antithesis to the Bible.

I agree with you. Muslims will claim that the Jesus they worship is the same in the Bible. Jews will ignore the fact that scriptures to their belief ended once Jesus arrived.

3. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

Have you read the Quran?

People feel they need religion. God doesn't need religion.

4. lunarverse

lunarverse The Living End

Why does the discussion only include those two? There are other religions (ones found within Hinduism and Buddhism) that pre-date both Islam and Christianity by thousands of years.

The only reason Christianity is the "biggest" religion is because it has been forced upon most of the world for the past few thousand years. Forced by means of death, war, missions, etc.

5. def zeppelin

def zeppelin All connected

Yes.

Yes to both.

6. TipsyGypsy

TipsyGypsy Light of a Fading Star

See, this is why it makes it so hard for me to believe that only one is the 'right one'.

7. lunarverse

Many religions have the god figure; Jesus, Muhammad, Buddha, etc. They were once the living representation of god, they promise an afterlife, they tell of how to live "right", etc.

Most of them include the same things, it's only the details that vary. Considering this it's logical to think that they're all saying the same thing, just with different stories.

People's beliefs don't matter, not one person or thing is excluded from what is. No living thing is ever denied life, be it temporary or eternal.

8. thedope

The question was about the three Abrahamic religions.

While there certainly have been great efforts at conversion, "forced" is not an accurate description in most cases. Missionaries often had material supplies that were the envy of people they encountered. Christian conversions are most often for the sake of perceived material benefit.

9. lunarverse

True. I was meaning to address;

Chronologically speaking, one could consider all three to be "imposters".

1 person likes this.
  10. jmt

because hiddu and buddism have multiple gods. Christianity/ Judism and Islam doesnt.
    I blame all this on the "church."

11. jmt

Jesus is God and the rest are just normal people. Also Jesus was the only one that leaves earth physically unlike the others.

12. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

Same god doesn't mean same beliefs. Jews don't see Jesus as the savior, hence their biblical text ends at the Old Testament. Muslims see Jesus as a miracle worker prophet sent by God to Earth, and don't believe he was crucified but rose to heaven alive. Like Christians they believe Jesus will return as the end of the Earth comes near.

In fact, Jesus is pretty big shit in Islam, he's like 3rd in command after god himself and Mohammed
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_in_Islam

But they all trace their beginnings back to Abraham.

13. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

I basically agree with your sentiment. I'm not clear, though, what you mean by "They were once the living representation of god." Muslims would be outraged at the statement that the Prophet Muhammed was "the living representation of God." He never claimed to be more than a prophet. And the Buddha didn't go in for gods at all.

14. willedwill

willedwill Member

So the infinite representation of God for All of mankind is a representation for man in pure Mercy upon those who ask of it. He who asks should ask personally and wisely by the word both used and listened too. And along with these words there exist for all three religions the living ritual of action for with God ... is that Love; or is that the image of mere frowning upon Injustice? Is the mercy bestowed on man because He bestows It Himself?; is the mercy traced by the willful law to the Justice in faith? this image cannot ever adequately make success for the Desires of mere mortals who fail to ask without alterior personal gratification.

15. thedope

Love, being without condition, is beyond what can be taught. We can however, in the absence of judgment, know it.

16. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Duh.

All the people talking about how evil jews are are all descended from jews, and so is their religion.

Judaism is the abrahamic religion, christianity is a lot of bullshit on top of it and islam is a flat out weak copy that tries to steal it's weak legitimacy from the other two.

17. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

John Frum actually delivered.

1 person likes this.
  18. papa wolf

papa wolf Member

I think there are some bits of truth in each of them . For instance I remember reading something long ago about how early Christians believed in reincarnation . Over time things get lost .

It's also interesting to study free mason theory , and compare to biblical teachings .

Interesting note . You don't have to be a Christian to be a free mason . But you do have to believe in a higher power , as in God .

19. jmt

you've never read the bible nor quran how do you come to such conclusion?

20. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

I don't speak arabic. Thus, I can't read the quran. (I kind of doubt you've read that, or the bible, unless you speak aramaic)

I've read numerous translations of many parts of the texts of all three religions, as well as done reading on scholarly intrepertations and all the rest.