Boycott Anhauser-Busch

Discussion in 'Boycott' started by Fueled by Coffee, Jan 14, 2011.

1. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

For a few reasons.

They make vile tasting beer made predominantly with corn and rice.

As they have been selling their beer around the globe, this vile liquid is the prime reason American Beer has such a bad reputation worldwide.

They are big-time sponsors of Drug Free America

They STOLE the name Budweiser from a Czechoslovakian beer made in the Czech town of Budweis (now known as České Budějovice). There is a real Budweiser which is bottled in green bottles and it actually tastes good! It is called Budweiser in some countries, Budvar in others, and Czechvar in the USA.

2. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

Yeah but they make Busch and Natty, both of which are $16 for a 30 pack, so I won't be boycotting them anytime soon. They also make Bass, Rolling rock, and Becks, all of which I like.

3. 6-eyed shaman

They don't make Beck's, they import it. I like Beck's. I was distraught when I learned Anheuser Busch imported them from Germany.

Natty and Busch are like sex on a boat: Fucking close to water. I can't sit down and enjoy a Natty; it's the type of beer you have to guzzle really fast, get really fucked up, and hope it doesn't hit your taste buds.

4. TheMadcapSyd

Well yes that's the point. Most times I drink it's to get drunk so water like beer is good.

5. 6-eyed shaman

But doesn't Coors and Pabst make good alternatives to Anheuser Busch products made only for shotgunning and not actually tasting?

6. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

How do you feel about budweiser?

It reminds me of the terrific hatred that exists in mankind. I don't go near it unless the planets are aligned a certain way, and suggest that everyone spend that extra two or three dollars to have better beer, or not drink at all.

That said, I've had good experiences with Budweiser despite my challenge to understand it as a concept, and find that the American Ale is actually pretty good for a Budweiser product.

7. 6-eyed shaman

Which Budweiser?
    American, or the authentic Czech Budweiser?

I'm assuming you're talking about the mass produced American bunny piss they call Budweiser that comes in brown bottles. I strictly call it American Budweiser. That beverage is practically the reason I started this thread. It's just that there's so many other better beers out there.

8. TheMadcapSyd

That it is, I was kind of surprised it actually came out decent. The thing with bud, at least bud light is it's a people pleaser, it's not particularly good, but it's so watery too almost anyone will drink it fine and doesn't have the nasty aftertaste like natty or something, and combined with its price makes it a decent thing to bring to a party.

9. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Yeah... but I sure didn't say American Bunny Piss.

I think you're confusing me. It's altogether possible that both beers are totally worthless. But I think it's important to note that if flavor is to be considered, Budweiser makes a special blend that has a different packaging called "American Ale" which looks like cardboard rather than the usual red label. This is a very good flavor comparable to many import beers.

10. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Or, you could just get coors original, which kicks ass, in my beer-ignorant opinion.

I'm also slightly ashamed to admit it, but I enjoy a budweiser every now and then. I won't PAY for it, but if someone hands it to me, I do like the rice flavor, actually... and free beer is always good beer. (I've been known to brew $5 dorm room "wine" by the igloo full.. so... if it comes in a sealed container, FUCK yeah :p )

11. 6-eyed shaman

Plagiarized Bud: http://budweiser.com/public/agecheck.aspx?ReturnUrl=/default.aspx&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

Authentic Budweiser (the one that actually tastes good): http://budweiser.cz/en/index.html

Any Questions?

I'm sure Anheuser Busch is perfectly capable of brewing a quality beer, despite all their lousy products. I won't deny that. I've never had the American Ale, but I have had a seasonal pumpkin ale they make called Jack's Pumpkin Spice, which I actually enjoyed.

But alas they are a corrupt organization who steals names and endorse the drug war; being major contributors to Drug Free America. Therefore I can never see myself purchasing an Anheuser Busch Product again. Unless they change their ways and hand the Budweiser name back to the original owner.

I suppose I would drink an Anheuser product if it was offered to me at a social function and that was all they had and I wanted to get fucked up bad enough. But I'd never purchase one.

12. indydude

indydude Senior Member

Sucks! Watered down and overpriced. I stock up on Molsons, St. Pauly and Heineken at the duty free store at the Detroit/Windsor crossing. No taxes. I'd seriously like to learn to make my own beer w/raspberry's.

13. 6-eyed shaman

It's funny

Most of America considers Anheuser-Busch, Natty Ice, Coors, Hamms, etc. products as American Beer. As well as the unfortunate nations who receives it as import.

Where I'm from, the perception is that the only ones who drink that stuff are high schoolers, frat boys, and the lower class.

14. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I don't really get why people need disgusting watered down beer to get drunk

I can get drunk fine from darker, heavier beers - I usually get a good buzz before I get full. There are also plenty of lighter, crisper craft beers that won't fill you up so quickly.

if calories are an issue then you might as well just take shots..or call yourself a pussy and just go home :)

I always get a really icky sick feeling drunk when I drink cheap american beer anyway. I don't know if its psychosomatic or if a well crafted beer is actually better for you.

15. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

It's because they don't leave Bud in the horses long enough!!

And the Coors organization is politically like the Kochs.

16. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

I think this had a problem with no boycott at Wallmart, who are lately very popular at the check out counter. Wallmart, next market of success: Russia,

17. 6-eyed shaman

I agree completely. The way I see it: take your journey to inebriation with a quality beer.

Lighter and less expensive beers are good for drinking games like Beer Pong and King's Cup. But in reality there are some good wheat beers that are cost effective, don't taste watered down, that would be perfect for those games.

18. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

I can't remember the last time I've bought an AB product. 5 years ago maybe.... if I can't afford quality beer then I won't drink.

19. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

i have yet to find a good beer in a green bottle, so if someone is telling me to boycott a shitty beer then recommends a shitty beer i will ignore them and drink what i would drink anyway.

20. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

why dont you name prices in your posts and then you will get why people need disgusting.....ect ect.